• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's be real: if Playstation put all their games on PC day 1, would you jump ship?

would you move to PC if it got all the PS5 exclusives day 1?

• Total voters

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Many PS players say this as a way to try and prove that Day 1 PC would hurt console sales. So, i think I should straight up make a poll. Would you jump ship to PC? Do you think friends who play on PS5 would do the same thing too?

Dane

PC player mostly: I wouldn't even buy a 500USD hardware for a dozen of games, last time that I really had to buy a console was the Xbox 360 because there was a major support bleed to PC back then. But never saw anyone jumping ship from consoles because 99% games are on PC

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I would use both. But if games are better on PC I will play more and more on PC, like it happened at the end of the PS3 until maybe Uncharted on PS4?

Minsc

Gold Member
Many PS players say this as a way to try and prove that Day 1 PC would hurt console sales. So, i think I should straight up make a poll. Would you jump ship to PC? Do you think friends who play on PS5 would do the same thing too?

This is the answer I expect:
Nope. I like playing on consoles

There's a reason people who own a PS5 and don't own a PC are in that boat, and the reason is not because there's simply not enough PS5 games on PC.

The reason is because PC gaming is expensive, time consuming, and complicated, and also possibly uncomfortable, while console gaming is basically point and click so to speak.

TidusYuna

Consoles 4 life. If they stop making consoles, Retro 4 life. If the digital only era comes, I'm joining Luffy's crew.

This is a good thing isn't it?

If you don't own a PC and you have the means to build a very good one then I can understand the need to upgrade
If you don't own a PC and you can't afford to build a very good one then there's a PS console for you

Its good to have options.

Schmendrick

I always only bought the PS consoles for the few Sony exclusive must plays.
With development times as they have become this gen where the big studios might pump out at best 1 true "next gen" game which then might also come to PC later... Well, no reason to deal with consoles at all, even if it's not day one, yet.

The PS5 will be my last console and I'm already at the point where I just keep it around for its DVD/BR capabilities.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

I would jump to PC, my friends are all on scattered platforms anyway and group time is rare, most of my play time is single player anyway. The only holdback would be the backlog that might keep a PS5 around

Holammer

I jumped ship with the PS3. I did buy a cheap used PS4 to try bloodborne, but I'm not counting it.
It's collecting dust on the other table, I don't even know how to start it tbh.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
no. I play on console because pc is a waste of time... ok maybe I just like playing on console.
That said - if console ports were crap, I would feel like a 2nd class citizen then.

Andrenicks

Neo Member
I don't think so, I've been mainly PC gamer for 20 years, accompanied by the various generations of PlayStation 1/2/3 for those games that didn't come out on PC.

Then my GPU died and I started using PS4 as my main platform, replaced now by ps5.

With GPU prices I prefer an experience that "just works" totally giving a damn about resolution and graphics, video games are experiences not wanking over pixels.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Also - why would sony do that?
They earn more money on their own console.
They own their store, their console, their whole ecosystem. They get all the revenue.

On pc people not only don't like buying games full price but on top of that, pc ports are harder to do and steam takes the cut

deeptech

Now an interesting question I think also would be this, if a game exclusive to console comes out, and 1 out of 10 people gets the console just for the game, as many did perhaps with Bloodborne, would that really be more profitable than the game coming out on everything it can come out? IF BB came out on PC day one besides PS4 release, could it have made more money than it did, console sales included? I kind of doubt it.

Nydius

One platform where I could have access to all of Xbox’s first party games, all of Sony’s first party games, plus competition with Steam/EGS/GoG, and other digital retailers like Humble? And no subscription paywall for online multiplayer for Sony and Microsoft games?

Hell yes I’d jump ship in an instant.

That would make PC the ultimate “console” with Nintendo being the only holdout (illegal emulation aside).

Fbh

I want to jump ship even without the day 1 exclusives.
I don't mind waiting for them to come to PC, and to be honest Sony exclusives no longer have the appeal they once had for me (specially the first party stuff, the second/third party games are still cool)

Just need to be able to afford it. In the meantime Ps5 still offers decent performance and a good catalogue of games for the price.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I don't think so, I've been mainly PC gamer for 20 years, accompanied by the various generations of PlayStation 1/2/3 for those games that didn't come out on PC.

Then my GPU died and I started using PS4 as my main platform, replaced now by ps5.

With GPU prices I prefer an experience that "just works" totally giving a damn about resolution and graphics, video games are experiences not wanking over pixels.
Similarly here.
I've been a pc gamer all my life. Sure, I had 360 and ps4 (only starting late 2017) and now ps5 on release.
There are games I play on pc but I am long over 30,60,1000fps this that, resolution settings. ps5 experience is great to me.

Schmendrick

The reason is because PC gaming is expensive, time consuming, and complicated, and also possibly uncomfortable, while console gaming is basically point and click so to speak.
Expensive - Initial cost, yes. In the long run with free online and much cheaper games probably not much.

Time consuming - Wtf? Do gaming hours on pc dilute time or what nonsense is that?

Complicated - Nonsense. You have to set up your System once and even that has become nearly plug and play by now. After that a store like steam is no different than something like PSN. If you call that complicated tying your shoes is probably also "complicated".

Uncomfortable - wtf. Can't you just accept that it's just a preference thing without trying to make up arguments?

Last edited:

Fabieter

Also - why would sony do that?
They earn more money on their own console.
They own their store, their console, their whole ecosystem. They get all the revenue.

On pc people not only don't like buying games full price but on top of that, pc ports are harder to do and steam takes the cut

They might do their own store with trophy support. And if they kill physical media next gen whats left?

Mowcno

I move around changing my primary system all the time, but no. PS games being on PC day one wouldn't really make me avoid PS hardware. I like the console experience sometimes

Top Bottom