• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets build the perfect PSP-2

Snakeyes

I think a design similar to this would be nice.

iZKNo.jpg

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I don't care what it looks like as long as it feels good in my hands and is reasonably sized for a handheld.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
jeremy1456 said:
Here are a couple of things I think the PSP2 will absolutely need to remain competitive:

720p HD display
$200 price tag
DVD drive (with DVD playback)

Without those I can't see the PSP2 doing better on a worldwide scale than the current PSP.
:lol

Heh, two days ago I would have said 'why bother?' but after today's news it seems we'll need a new Sony handheld to give Nintendo a much needed reality check.

Still same doubts as before, continue the PSP line that Japan embraced and the West rejected or move to a completely different approach with unknown prospects. Anyway I hope they find a way to play/install/convert/trade/whatever UMDs to playable PSP games on the PSP2, not just to appeal Japan which I'm sure must be one of the first SCEJ objectives but to give XSEED half a chance of publishing the entire Trails in the Sky (Sora no Kiseki) trilogy :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I think it's worth noting as an aside that CES now seems the perfect time to announce it. I reckoned on it before, but it now lines up perfectly for getting word out ahead of the 3DS launch too.

It's a wee bit unfortunate because it would be nice to have confirmed things sooner, but oh well.

pixelbox

gofreak said:
I think it's worth noting as an aside that CES now seems the perfect time to announce it. I reckoned on it before, but it now lines up perfectly for getting word out ahead of the 3DS launch too.

It's a wee bit unfortunate because it would be nice to have confirmed things sooner, but oh well.
When is CES?

kevm3

Sony really needs to cater to 3rd parties to make the system something that isn't merely a 'console-lite'. I liked the PSP, but I want games that cater more towards handhelds such as platformers and the such... not merely pared down console games.

Something that would be really nice for a device such as this would be NetFlix support and other media support built right in.

jeremy1456 said:
Here are a couple of things I think the PSP2 will absolutely need to remain competitive:

720p HD display
$200 price tag
DVD drive (with DVD playback)

Without those I can't see the PSP2 doing better on a worldwide scale than the current PSP.

admit it, you just want dvd drive because you want ps2 bc without having to buy the games again on psn:lol

Top Bottom