• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets focus on the Vive Focus for a moment. It's inside tracking works throughout an entire town, just imagine Pokemon.

Techies

An English review of the Vive Focus has been posted, imported straight from China.
This is the first time I've seen someone fully test it's limits and the technology it's far more impressive than people originally thought.

Now if they would only make it available to people outside of China.

It's cool, but who is this meant for? Limited processing and having to re-calibrate tracking for motion devices is always annoying.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I know this a little off topic, but if this and oculus have Snapdragon like mobile hardware, what hardware is the oculus santa Cruz going to have?
Unless the santa Cruz is going yo have an nvidia X2 it cant be much better then this or oculus go.

Techies

I know this a little off topic, but if this and oculus have Snapdragon like mobile hardware, what hardware is the oculus santa Cruz going to have?
Unless the santa Cruz is going yo have an nvidia X2 it cant be much better then this or oculus go.

Basically everything is using or going to use the snap dragon. There has been some significant improvements recently.

ClanVirtu

Neophyte
We were shocked how well it coped so far outside its intended use! It's a brilliant bit of hardware, definitely a strong competitor for the Oculus Go and we hope it sees a worldwide release in the not too distant future. Until then, we're looking into reselling and shipping the Focus from the UK, if you're interested, let us know in the following Google form:
https://goo.gl/forms/32bgOrVbI9GWiWCs2

It's designed to bring the VR experience to the average home, educational or training users, who don't have the gaming PC, the space or the money for PC VR. Standalone is better for media viewing, experiences and puzzle games, only worse for complex 3D gaming. But it's really up to developers to work within its limitations and build awesome VR experiences!

We're still not sure about the Santa Cruz either. As far as we can tell, it'll be using a custom smartphone chipset, unlikely to be much more powerful than the Focus or Go. Even if they wanted to use more powerful hardware, they'd then have to tackle the power requirements, so it seems unlikely there is another option. The release still seems to be a long way off (Q4 2018 at best), so it's not really meant to compete with the Focus anyway.

Top Bottom