• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets make a Get Well card for Satoru Iwata!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Could you replace my previous one?

31599isrr.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Finally thought of an idea in my sleep so I'll try to put it together when I get home. Hopefully I get it in on time (6pm BST) otherwise I may have to put forward my Miiverse photoshop example even though I typed "Get well Soon".

perhaps something like this?

trying to incorporate the miis as a background, (the miis in this image are taken from an image I found online, and are just for layout testing purposes). As a test I just tiled some of the individual pictures from TitusGroan's work.

In my opinion I like better this PC drawing, but I dont like that some messages dissapear, prefer the other one for clarity purposes.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
In my opinion I like better this PC drawing, but I dont like that some messages dissapear, prefer the other one for clarity purposes.

That part was just a quick hack job to get an idea of how the colors would fit in between the foreground and background. There's no intention of obscuring or tampering with any of the pictures.

edit: Still not sure how to arrange the pictures inside a layout like the one I suggested though, but if people are willing to help contribute ideas, I think we can come up with something.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
alright, we're nearing the deadline and there's still a few things that aren't finished.

Anybody want to volunteer to collect all the Miis posted in this thread and order them in a grid in one big PNG?

That way we can try to get them into the final image.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
alright, we're nearing the deadline and there's still a few things that aren't finished.

Anybody want to volunteer to collect all the Miis posted in this thread and order them in a grid in one big PNG?

That way we can try to get them into the final image.

I could do it, though I'll have to put making my image a priority (seeing as I'll have only a brief moment to complete it when I get home)

Will all Miis be selected or are you sticking with only those who posted an image/message?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I could do it, though I'll have to put making my image a priority (seeing as I'll have only a brief moment to complete it when I get home)

Will all Miis be selected or are you sticking with only those who posted an image/message?

the idea for the Miis is to have them all in a big repeating pattern that'll end up either as a background for the Commodore PET screen, (similar to my concept from the last page, except using TitusGroan's layout for better clarity), or, if possible, have it on the backside of the card.
edit: As far as which Miis to include, I say include 'em all.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Alright, 2 hours left? I'll see what I can do. Photo of a sketch on a paper is acceptable?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, here's my contribution. It's nothing too advanced, but I think it looks nice.

kirby_cardjyk9j.png

Right, just thought I'd post another update: Still at work currently, but if efyu has no objections, once the deadline is met, when I get home I'll take the most recent submissions that have been posted on the thread, and add them to the collage I created last night. I'll also do my best to remove duplicate pics, and make sure I'm using the most up-to-date images people have posted. I figure we'll have just about the right amount to fill up the collage entirely.

Once that's done, I'll upload it as a transparent PNG, which should hopefully prevent too much image compression or loss. That way, if people want to submit their own final card designs to the thread for people to choose, all the art submissions will already be laid out in a collage format.

Cuburt

Here's my contribution:
(edit: replaced with a rearranged, resized version)
RrXgmMG.png

And my Mii in case, they are being compiled for something.
FQv6UAx.png

edit: lol I spend a bunch of time working on details and shading and when it gets scaled down, you can't even see it. Oh well.

Here's the original:

jqLQAJ9.jpg

Done in Art Academy Sketchpad. Was a bunch of fun and felt really good. Makes me want to start drawing again.

Mpl90

My entry

V4gsx4h.jpg

It's italian.

Buona guarigione, Satoru! = Get well, Satoru!

Hopefully, it's acceptable :)

EDIT: Wait, the photo is awful, I need to improve it :p
EDIT: Ok, now it's better.
EDIT3: My Mii

19l1rxdrn2b0r_normal_face.png

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Right, just thought I'd post another update: Still at work currently, but if efyu has no objections, once the deadline is met, when I get home I'll take the most recent submissions that have been posted on the thread, and add them to the collage I created last night. I'll also do my best to remove duplicate pics, and make sure I'm using the most up-to-date images people have posted. I figure we'll have just about the right amount to fill up the collage entirely.

Once that's done, I'll upload it as a transparent PNG, which should hopefully prevent too much image compression or loss. That way, if people want to submit their own final card designs to the thread for people to choose, all the art submissions will already be laid out in a collage format.

sounds great!
and personally, after trying various other layouts which proved rather impractical, I'm inclined to use yours, possibly vectorizing it.

edit:mad:MPl90 maybe slightly up the contrast?
1KkvY1W.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My simple design, just posting it so I'm in before the deadline but I may tweak is slightly. Based on the HP-65, the calculator that got him into programming (well I hope I got the model right)

iwatacard.png

Mpl90

sounds great!
and personally, after trying various other layouts which proved rather impractical, I'm inclined to use yours, possibly vectorizing it.

edit:mad:MPl90 maybe slightly up the contrast?
1KkvY1W.png

Oh, ok, that's better, thanks :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I'm going through the thread collecting Miis so what's the final say on the issue. Only collect those who posted an image, collect those who posted an image or a message, or collect them all?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Here's my submission. Hope I'm not too late!

2cA4Xsj.jpg

here's an alternate version. Pick whichever you like...

8AKYPBL.jpg

edit:

oh are we adding miis separately?

3qmwgk2y49qrp_normal_face.png

iwata_zpsd07d59df.png

1c6c6rey8h8q4_normal_face.png

EDIT: Just thinking, is it correct to use "Wish you all the best" in this situation? Or is it just for when you break up with your partner? :'D

Mpl90

Efyu_lemonardo...almost forgot

My Mii

19l1rxdrn2b0r_normal_face.png

I already posted it in the thread, but it's better to repost now that my drawn contribution is here as well.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
EDIT: Just thinking, is it correct to use "Wish you all the best" in this situation? Or is it just for when you break up with your partner? :'D
Well I hope so as that's basically my message as well.

Well for starters this is all the Miis that were posted by those who contributed an image. Unfortunately not all posted a Mii. If you want me to collect the rest I can.
miis.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom