• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's rank Arkane's game from best to worst

ButchCat

With Arkane's latest release Deathloop being out in the wild for a week now, I thought it would be a good time to rank the developer's games from top to bottom and see how well Deathloop fares in comparison to the studio's past. I would like for you to share your list but also explain why your first choice stands out for you.

The following is a list of the studio's main/ standalone games in order of release:

Arx Fatalis (2002) - 77 Metascore​

arx_fatalis_posledni_2.jpg

Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic (2006) - 72 Metascore​

dark-messiah-of-might-and-magic-pc-cd-key-2.jpg

Dishonored (2012) - 91 Metascore​

Tallboys_In_Flooded_District_1920x1080.jpg

Dishonored 2 (2016) - 88 Metascore​

Dishonored-II-image-3952.jpg

Prey (2017)- 84 Metascore​

Prey_MimicSwarm_Dec16_1485355714.jpg

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (2017) - 81 Metascore​

apps.2003.71495105303733444.8b6962d4-4830-476f-aa11-d6939e4b7f1e.ac9a725d-1825-44bd-973b-024bed979829

Deathloop (2021) - 88 Metascore​

Deathloop_Spiker-8637261279a721d07a9.69363780-8475.jpg

Here's my ranking:

1. Dishonored
2. Dishonored 2
3. Arx Fatalis
4. Prey
5. Deathloop
6. Death of the outsider
7. Dark Messiah

Dishonoured came out at a time when I had a serious immersive sim itch, the previous year Human Revolution came out and I was looking for something to fill that void and along came Dishonored with a unique fantastical twist on 1666 London all the while taking cues from from Thief and their other past game. The freedom of choice and execution is something very few games allow you to pursue nowadays.

Last edited:
Lined up to play the Dishonored series in the next month for the first time, so I’ll let you know once I know.

But it’s going to take a lot to dissuade me that PREY is one of the 5 best games of this previous generation.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I've never played any of these. Probably because they're floating hand games. Are they good?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
With Arkane's latest release Deathloop being out in the wild for a week now, I thought it would be a good time to rank the developer's games from top to bottom and see how well Deathloop fares in comparison to the studio's past. I would like for you to share your list but also explain why your first choice stands out for you.

The following is a list of the studio's main/ standalone games in order of release:

Arx Fatalis (2002) - 77 Metascore​

arx_fatalis_posledni_2.jpg

Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic (2006) - 72 Metascore​

dark-messiah-of-might-and-magic-pc-cd-key-2.jpg

Dishonored (2012) - 91 Metascore​

Tallboys_In_Flooded_District_1920x1080.jpg

Dishonored 2 (2016) - 88 Metascore​

Dishonored-II-image-3952.jpg

Prey (2017)- 84 Metascore​

Prey_MimicSwarm_Dec16_1485355714.jpg

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (2017) - 81 Metascore​

apps.2003.71495105303733444.8b6962d4-4830-476f-aa11-d6939e4b7f1e.ac9a725d-1825-44bd-973b-024bed979829

Deathloop (2021) - 88 Metascore​

Deathloop_Spiker-8637261279a721d07a9.69363780-8475.jpg

Here's my ranking:

1. Dishonored
2. Dishonored 2
3. Arx Fatalis
4. Prey
5. Deathloop
6. Death of the outsider
7. Dark Messiah

Dishonoured came out at a time when I had a serious immersive sim itch, the previous year Human Revolution came out and I was looking for something to fill that void and along came Dishonored with a unique fantastical twist on 1666 London all the while taking cues from from Thief and their other past game. The freedom of choice and execution is something very few games allow you to pursue nowadays.

For me it is
1. Dishonored
2. Arx Fatalix
3. Dishonored 2
4. Prey
5. Deathloop - Admittedly I haven't finished this yet, so it could end up higher, but right now its a good game, but a disappointment for what I play Arkane games for: Immersive Sims.

I haven't played Dark Messiah or Death of the Outsider so I can't comment on those.

SSfox

I liked Dishonored, i like it and that's about it, i can play a FPS once in while but not that much, there are other games genre that are so much interesting and entertaining

Verchod

I've never played Arx Fatalis, and never completed Dark Messiah even though I really enjoyed it. But I adore the Dishonored series, and loved Prey.
I have bought Deathloop and like the little I've played so far.
But everything Arkane makes has such style and always a unique angle on whatever they make. Without a doubt my favourite game developer right now.
Picking an order is tricky.
1.Dishonoured
2. Death of the outsider
3. Dishonoured 2
4. Prey

Armorian

Banned
I really loved DMoMaM but didn't know/remember they made it LOL.

Great dev:

1. Dishonored 1/2 (they are the same practically)
2. Prey
3. DMoMaM (this was next gen experience back in the day!)

I will start Deathloop today...

Warablo

I've only played Prey and the Dishonored games.
1. Prey
2. Deathloop (Haven't played it, but think it will be better than Dishonored)
3. Dishonored 2

GymWolf

I can only list what i personally played and i'm not gonna count the dlc.

1 dish2
2 dish 1
3 dark messiah
Prey

Deathloop probably in between dish1 and dark messiah but i have to finish it first.

Last edited:

mxbison

Dark Messiah at 72 Metacritic is one of the craziest things in gaming history for me. That game was so amazing in any sense, was there a shitty console port or something?

xrnzaaas

Dishonored 1 & 2 are their best games - I would rate both on a similar level, however I think Dishonored 1 has more memorable levels
Prey was a decent game, would've been better if it didn't have respawning enemies and performance issues in the first months after the release
I barely remember Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. Haven't played Death of the Wokesider.

For me it's probably between Dark Messiah and Prey, both have their good and bad sides. I haven't gotten into Dishonored since I always disliked the aesthetic style, and that applies to Deathloop as well, it's just wholly unappealing to me. Arx Fatalis I've only seen streamed, and it was fun to watch but the game is certainly from a different age. Arkane's early output was definitely more fun. I don't think Dark Messiah is exactly compelling narrative or a good RPG, but it's just a very fun action romp with a silly horny story that would never be made in this day and age, and I love it. Prey is the latest game I've actually completed from them, and I really enjoyed it, but it did have several issues that prevented it from being a 90+ game for me. I should get back to it at some point soon though, and do the DLC's. Overall Arkane's output has been a mixed bag for me. I do have a soft spot for immersive sim design, but newer Arkane titles just have this unappealing style to them that drives me away.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
1. Dishonored
2. Prey
3. Dishonored 2

Not played Deathloop yet but I'm gonna guess it slides in at 3, not played enough of the others to judge

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
1. Dishonored 2
2. Prey
3. Dishonored 1 with DLC
4. Dishonored DotO
5. Arx Fatalis
6. Dark Messiah

Deathloop is unlikely to get into top 3.
This is my opinion as well.

But without the last sentence, since I haven't played Deathloop yet.

Kydd BlaZe

Since Dishonored, Arkane has been one of my favorite developers. I’m not too familiar with their work prior to that franchise though. Seems like they’ve got another hit with Deathloop, although I haven’t played it just yet. I’m sure it’ll crack my top 3 Arkane games for sure.

1. Dishonored
2. Dishonored 2
3. Prey

Im not as high on Prey as a lot of folks here are (I thought it was a very solid game, nothing incredible though), so I’m certain Deathloop will take its spot on my list.

Top Bottom