• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Show Our Cars!!

Let's see what GAF rides!

Me: 2017 Ford Mustang 3.7

TmHQpPQ.jpg

FXD6RmF.jpg

Wait what's the deal with the American Muscle decal? I read through the thread and it sounds like it's a V6, not a V8? Does Ford just slap that on all the cars they sell now or something?

As for myself, I just picked up a new 2017 CX-5 GT.

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/OVvC5fC.jpg[/IMG]

Rahvar

I've always assumed cars are a lot cheaper to buy and own in the US compared to here and this thread reinforces it.

I bought my 2010 Hyundai i30cw last summer for about $7k with about 4400 miles on it. A good price here and it's still valued at the same price. I pay about $90 per month in insurance and $160 a year in taxes. Other than that I have to have the car inspected every year for it to be allowed on roads, another $55 and yearly service with oil change at an average cost me $520. Add the gas price which currently sits at $6 per gallon and it adds up.... All prices includes tax of course.

That said I do really enjoy the car, quite comfortable to sit it, plenty of space for trips and the AC is excellent in heat and cold.

1920px-Hyundai_i30cw_front_20100516.jpg

Picture is not mine but pretty much looks identical.

I would love a Subaru XV, but even a used 2013 model with 3500 miles on it would cost me $20k.

mike6467

nPOC8Lx.jpg

2013 BMW 135iM, chip/exhaust added, and 135i badge removed shortly after this pic. When I went car shopping after my old car (a Subaru Legacy GT) got totaled on the highway by an idiot driving drunk, I decided I pretty much wanted a luxury go-kart. This car has been exactly that, while being subtle at the same time.

Pic was taken shortly after I got the car in the mountains west of Boulder near Lyons.

Edited with pic of the actual car and a bit more info.

I love wasting money on fun stuff. I bought my car brand new in 2008 knowing I would never see that money again, spend a long mg time picking the color, the options, waiting after it was ordered and giddy as a kid on christmas when it was time to pick it up. Best experience. Totally makes working 40 hours in the week worth it.

tag quoting urge rising

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - took these pictures from Google Images but mine is the same exterior/interior/wheels. Manual transmission and just about fully loaded!

10917544635_84db8325e7_o.jpg

10917599946_f61c883687_o.jpg

Nafai1123

Banned
Not my pic but my car exactly. 2002 330i

attachment.php

And for fun on the weekends. 2001 CBR 929rr. Also not my pic but same color scheme

2001-honda-CBR929RR-yellow-black.jpg

How has it treated you? I've been thinking of trading my Tacoma in for a Lariat with the 2.7 ecoboost.

I have a 2013 F150 four door for work and would take a Tacoma in a heartbeat. Fords feel really cheap these days.

Our equipment manager is a Ford fanboy though so that won't happen

This is what I drive, basically, color is the same too

$_1.JPG

Dinokill

2015 Fiat 500 Sport 5MT with some modifications.. Eibach Sporline springs, RRM Corsa CAI and axleback exhaust system, RRM timing controller, 500 Turbo tail lights, KAW rear wiper delete kit, RallyArmor mudflaps, Likewise shiftknob, 12mm wheel spacers in front, 16mm in back, stubby antenna, blacked out windows. In process of finishing the chrome trim in black as well. It's probably getting traded in on a Fiesta ST in October if I don't buy an R32 Skyline

You did all this work and you are trading it?

2012 535i automatic. Before that it was a manual 2010 VW Jetta but being a single dad it is hard to drive with a manual and a kid.

It is unnatural to have a V8 in a BMW so I purposefully chose the 535. The car is bigger then I would like but it is as close to kid friendly as I go.

Sitting in parts at a garage at my friends house is a 1974 BMW 2002 Tii that I will start to rebuild with my daughter and that will become my daily once she is old enough not to need a car seat.

finalflame

Gold Member
First of all, beautiful car! Secondly, is that Big Sur? That's one of my dreams, to take my baby and drive the PCH. I did on a rented 'Stang before.

Thanks, bud! This was actually going up CA-1 in the opposite direction -- North. I drove from SF -> SEA entirely via the 1 and 101, driving up the coast. It was basically the break-in for the 228 :)

I have done the same trip from SF -> LA via the 1 and through Big Sur. It's an amazing drive in both directions, but the route North is just something else. The Oregon coast really has no equal in terms of how beautiful it is. I'n not a religious man, but it was a damn-near spiritual experience. Here are some pictures from the SF->SEA trip:

2007 GTI with over 225k miles, bought new
2004 Touareg V8 with about 98k miles, bought 4 years ago
2017 Bolt EV
eEvTnIk_d.jpg

I do love the Bolt EV. If we hadn't need to replace the wife's car back in 2015, we'd probably have got the Bolt EV over the gen 2 Volt. <3 that Gen 2 Volt as well though.

Not my pic, but it's the same color and year. 2011 Ford Fiesta. Great car so far. No issues, great mpg, and it's fun to drive. I've been thinking about getting something else, but it only has 47k miles on it now. So, I'll probably keep it longer.

v1lla21

Here's mine from this past weekend on the PCH.
Love your car and love the PCH. I was driving down by carmel towards big Sur this last Sunday. Such a great road to drive in when there's little to no cars.

Thanks, bud! This was actually going up CA-1 in the opposite direction -- North. I drove from SF -> SEA entirely via the 1 and 101, driving up the coast. It was basically the break-in for the 228 :)

I have done the same trip from SF -> LA via the 1 and through Big Sur. It's an amazing drive in both directions, but the route North is just something else. The Oregon coast really has no equal in terms of how beautiful it is. I'n not a religious man, but it was a damn-near spiritual experience. Here are some pictures from the SF->SEA trip:

Oh wow. Good stuff dude! What an experience. Definitely going to have to do that sometime. I've done SF to LA once but going north seems like a much better trip.

Jag

BMW Croo is strong in GAF.

My 5 series on the lot before I picked it up. Got the windows tinted dark now. Front and back tints are all black too. Got an M feel without the price. (my boss just got a new M6 and i'm dying over it!)

Also have an X5. Just love the Bimmers.

kBomnJbh.jpg

lem0n

You did all this work and you are trading it?

Yeah I can sell those parts locally as I know a lot of Abarth guys here and they're almost all easily reversible so no biggie. I tried to make driving a car I'm not crazy about more bearable and give it my own flavor but I'm in a better financial position than I was when I bought it so I really just want to upgrade soon instead of upgrading it more. Which honestly my options have really run out anyways

wicko

I would have a picture of a new white Golf GTI 3Dr but asshole dealership that had it gave it to someone else, despite the dealership I'm going through putting a hold on it. It was the last one in the province.. so my choices are either get one in black or get a 5Dr in white.

ColdPizza

Banned
Thanks man! Any reason why you dont like the deflectors? I hate having rain fall on my door panel :p

Personal preference. It's probably because my friend had a set on his Ford Focus and his set just felt cheap. A bit of wind etc would just knock them off partially. I wish a manufacturer would make a set that didn't look like a flimsy add-on and maybe something more finished or permanent.

Yeah I can sell those parts locally as I know a lot of Abarth guys here and they're almost all easily reversible so no biggie. I tried to make driving a car I'm not crazy about more bearable and give it my own flavor but I'm in a better financial position than I was when I bought it so I really just want to upgrade soon instead of upgrading it more. Which honestly my options have really run out anyways

Well, a fiesta st would be a good upgrade. I prefer them over the focus st to be honest as well.

I hope you don't plan on getting rid of the 500 if you buy an R32 though. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to have your only car be something 25+ years old that you can't get any parts for locally.

Lorcain

Good lord that's beautiful. I've done the PCH from LA to SF, but not further North. That's the perfect drive to break in a new car.

Top Bottom