• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Show Our Cars!!

lem0n

Well, a fiesta st would be a good upgrade. I prefer them over the focus st to be honest as well.

I hope you don't plan on getting rid of the 500 if you buy an R32 though. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to have your only car be something 25+ years old that you can't get any parts for locally.

Yeah I prefer it as well, I liked the FoST when I drove Kris' red one, but it was just such a heavy car. If I can throw some bolt-ons and a tune on a FiST and make comparable power, I'd be ALL over it. And no, if the R32 happens the 500 will stay the DD. R32 will become the everything else car. I'd be okay DD'ing a 25 year old car again as I can keep them running but yeah, not a Skyline when there's hardly any parts here.

The daily
tb9WpDe.jpg

hZVuQIv.jpg

The baby

Loxley

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (hatchback), I absolutely love it. Got it after I graduated from college in 2012 and it has served me very well ever since. I now refuse to ever drive a car that doesn't have a back-up camera, it has spoiled me so much.

nitewulf

I have done the same trip from SF -> LA via the 1 and through Big Sur. It's an amazing drive in both directions, but the route North is just something else. The Oregon coast really has no equal in terms of how beautiful it is. I'n not a religious man, but it was a damn-near spiritual experience. Here are some pictures from the SF->SEA trip:

Amazing! I did LA to SF. I also been to the Oregon coast, to the beach, but didn't really do the coastal drive. What's the route? And may be you local guys could help me out...could I fly there and rent a Porsche at a reasonable cost?

I truly believe the Pacific Northwest is the prettiest place on earth, and I've been to many, many places.

This is Sasha (MK5 R32... cams, tunes, suspension, etc etc. She's a track weapon).

ZinHv5k.jpg

And this is Lucy (MK7 Golf R... stock for now).

J7s1PH0.jpg

Same lineage of cars but incredibly different, especially with the work I've done to my R32. Lucy is docile until you get on her and Sasha just always wants to go faster and faster.

This is Sasha (MK5 R32... cams, tunes, suspension, etc etc. She's a track weapon).

ZinHv5k.jpg

And this is Lucy (MK7 Golf R... stock for now).

J7s1PH0.jpg

Same lineage of cars but incredibly different, especially with the work I've done to my R32. Lucy is docile until you get on her and Sasha just always wants to go faster and faster.
I want sasha....Some day..... I have a vw rabbit manual coupe.

Helznicht

Not in the habit of taking pics of my cards, so after some google-fu:

My Baby: 2010 Chevy Avalanche
800px-2003-06_Chevrolet_Avalanche_WBH.jpg

Wifes pre-total ride 2015 Hyundai Genesis (she got side swiped on last Black Friday)
2047-Hyundai-Genesis-Coupe-front.jpg

She now drives a 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
DSC_0070.jpg

Raveveri

Neo Member
I currently have two cars...

3000gt VR4
KfMmEEI.jpg

S2000:
CtoR5Dp.jpg

I love driving both as they both give different experiences. The s2000 is one of my most favorite cars I've ever driven. The handling is superb!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I actually own two Subaru Crosstreks: an orange 2015 (mine) and a pure red special edition 2017 (for my gf).

QXbAgKt.jpg

8okAxKe.jpg

QLbZ9CC.jpg

Izayoi

Banned
Damn, we've got some 1%'s up in here. Nobody post a picture of your penthouse.
I just downgraded in the name of better gas mileage. Maybe I'll get something sporty soon, but a daily driver is fine for now...

Really digging the Honda love here.

My car. It's a 1996 toyota camry.

HgWcFj5.jpg

As you can see, some asshole decided it would be fun to smash my god damn window.

Fucking ass hole.

Luckily it was only 50 to fix.

Noobcraft

My very first car in high school. Actually hung on tonit. Finally got it restored, took 2.5 years. 1966 Chevy C10

EXkW6Jv.jpg

AZh2yOg.jpg

My daily 2017 GT350. This is a professional picture not done by me.

FT8HDtZ.jpg
Cool truck (and restoration job!)

The GT350 is one of, if not the best sounding vehicles on the planet.

TMC

Daily: 2001 Trans Am WS6, bolt on car, approx. 400 rwhp.

The fast car in the garage: 2001 Corvette Z06. Supercharged, 560 rwhp

Beautiful cars! I had a 2001 Firebird before I got my C6. Had it for 10 years. It was tough letting it go. Absolutely love the f-bodies.

I will always have a soft spot for the C5Z no matter how old they get. The FRC models just look fantastic.

finalflame

Gold Member
Amazing! I did LA to SF. I also been to the Oregon coast, to the beach, but didn't really do the coastal drive. What's the route? And may be you local guys could help me out...could I fly there and rent a Porsche at a reasonable cost?

I truly believe the Pacific Northwest is the prettiest place on earth, and I've been to many, many places.
My route was basically:
  1. I-280 from Mountain View to to Daly City
  2. CA-1 from Daly City to the Presidio
  3. US-101 from the Presidio to the CA-1 juncture near Marin City
  4. CA-1 to from Marin City to Leggett, CA, where I went to the Drive-Thru Tree park and then merged onto US-101 (Redwood Highway)
  5. US-101 to Montesano, WA where I merged onto US-12 and took it East to I-5, then north to Seattle, ultimately arriving at a buddy's place in Fremont.
I stopped to sleep in Crescent City, CA and Tillamook, OR. Also went to the Tillamook and Blue Heron dairies while in Tillamook and ate and drank a beer at Pelican Brewing :) The Rogue tap room in Astoria was also amazing, since I missed the brewery on my way up Oregon.

Overall, the drive took 3 full ~12-14 hour days, including small stops for sightseeing and photography. I went in November when it was rainy and had to drive in heavy fog/rain at night, and had mostly overcast skies. I definitely recommend planning the trip for the sunny months of summer, but I enjoyed it all the same and it definitely challenged getting to know my 228 in Sport mode on the curvy roads surrounded by a precipice. I probably almost got my bumper torn right off by rogue boulders in the middle of my lane a couple of times.

Definitely recommend it! As for renting a car, there are car sharing services in the Bay Area. I've never used one, but Club Sportiva was quite popular amongst my peers.

2015 Audi A3I spent a very long amount of time looking at the 228 when I was car-hunting. Absolutely gorgeous car.

Thanks! I spent a good amount of time thinking about the A3 Sportback. BMW and Audi are both making some of the best looking compact luxury cars around these days, IMO.

Love your car and love the PCH. I was driving down by carmel towards big Sur this last Sunday. Such a great road to drive in when there's little to no cars.

Oh wow. Good stuff dude! What an experience. Definitely going to have to do that sometime. I've done SF to LA once but going north seems like a much better trip.

Thanks! I've driven past Carmel but sadly never had a chance to stop and visit. That drive South IS beautiful. I definitely recommend doing the drive north up to the Redwood Coast and spending a weekend camping/hiking Jebediah Smith.

Good lord that's beautiful. I've done the PCH from LA to SF, but not further North. That's the perfect drive to break in a new car.

It really, really was the perfect break-in. I'm glad I took the time to do it this way -- it created a really special bond with this car to have this experience.

Orpheum

peugeot-207-1-4-65kw-8206892918853155993-5678258375429598933.jpg

That's the one i have right now. A Peugeot 207. Not really a big fan of it. Put 1800€ into it last years for repairs and will probably sell it either this year or next year.

I'll buy a Seat Ibiza next. Did a test drive and absolutely loved it. Once again either this year or next year.
ibiza-da1.jpg

Great car! AWD or RWD? You woudn't believe but my family looking car has similar 3.0 petrol engine.
Of course your is much stronger and newer design (340HP vs mine 210HP).
c5_1.jpg

Also I just bought very strong Cross Suzuki RM250:

4pBY9y3.png

Thanks! :) Its RWD, a lot of fun. Yes things have come a long way, my dad's 1983 3.0 V6 Ford Sierra had 150Hp.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I use it daily and never had an issue. Doesn’t pollute the environment and I give my feet a workout. Tried taking Ailynn Ailynn on a date once with this and it didn’t work out she dumped me on the spot.

I remember that...and how absolutely foolish I was. :messenger_pensive:

Remember how you strolled up the next week and swept me off my feet with your shiny new upgrade? Remember how you drove downtown on that Friday night by all the hottest clubs with the top down...we were laughing and shouting and sipping on Juicy Juice while all the girls looked on in awe?

I remember. I would say I'm ashamed for being shallow AF...but it was all worth it for that one amazing summer with my juliotendo juliotendo ... :lollipop_smiling_hearts:💕💖

bf836c25-ffa7-4fc0-8888-5897309f9b34_2.a23dc50b2b79378bb317785411768546.jpeg

keraj37

2007-yamaha-vmax-1.jpg

1992 Yamaha V-Max 1200 (the muscle car of Japanese bikes)

001.jpg

2011 VW Jetta SEL (the Honda civic of German cars)

This motorcycle looks sick. 600 lb and 150hp, wow. My Suzuki is 90kg and 40Hp and yet I feel like it can cut the earth in half when I am speeding.

TrainedRage

Banned
This motorcycle looks sick. 600 lb and 150hp, wow. My Suzuki is 90kg and 40Hp and yet I feel like it can cut the earth in half when I am speeding.
It has something called V-Boost too, when it hits about 6k RMP it goes into a faux turbo mode. Its crazy. I can beat crotch rockets (in a straight line) hehe.

Elcid

Banned
My very first car in high school. Actually hung on tonit. Finally got it restored, took 2.5 years. 1966 Chevy C10

EXkW6Jv.jpg

AZh2yOg.jpg

My daily 2017 GT350. This is a professional picture not done by me.

FT8HDtZ.jpg
I was going to ask you to adopt me, but I can't forgive the red. Sorry dad.

Top Bottom