• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Show Our Cars!!

This is Sasha (MK5 R32... cams, tunes, suspension, etc etc. She's a track weapon).

ZinHv5k.jpg

And this is Lucy (MK7 Golf R... stock for now).

J7s1PH0.jpg

Same lineage of cars but incredibly different, especially with the work I've done to my R32. Lucy is docile until you get on her and Sasha just always wants to go faster and faster.
Beautiful cars mate especially Sasha.

Serious question though. How are they to drive? Are they reliable? I am asking because there are a few in New Zealand for sale. The R32 exhaust note is second to none. Love the sound.

lem0n

2015 Fiat 500 Sport 5MT with some modifications.. Eibach Sporline springs, RRM Corsa CAI and axleback exhaust system, RRM timing controller, 500 Turbo tail lights, KAW rear wiper delete kit, RallyArmor mudflaps, Likewise shiftknob, 12mm wheel spacers in front, 16mm in back, stubby antenna, blacked out windows. In process of finishing the chrome trim in black as well. It's probably getting traded in on a Fiesta ST in October if I don't buy an R32 Skyline

^^That was me in 2017.

I was patient and made both happen in the time I've last visited this thread/site. Been offline for a couple of years.

Here's my stable now:

An70acR.jpg

ptObwTB.jpg

O5qFnnA.jpg

Last edited:

keraj37

Sold the WRX. In truth, it was a miserable experience. I hated the car, and it gave me nothing but problems.

MG5bUlk.jpg

jSbRyz7.jpg

55UJMWv.jpg

kaG2q17.jpg
But it looked nice, didn't it?

2018 Honda Accord. Not a bad little ride.
UvgBQKA.jpg

Whats the engine and power?

Stock 86 (Manual)
AmCJY9B.jpg

Same question as above^

oCYy2w2.jpg

Here is my new toy I use for weekend jumps into forests and traveling to work when whether doesn't spit on me.

EDIT:
I love sound of my Citroen V6 engine:

Last edited:

Uhtred

But it looked nice, didn't it?

Whats the engine and power?

Same question as above^

oCYy2w2.jpg

Here is my new toy I use for weekend jumps into forests and traveling to work when whether doesn't spit on me.

EDIT:
I love sound of my Citroen V6 engine:

The WRX? It was ok. I just hated it. fuck the CVT most miserable transmission I ever experienced. I will never own another Subaru ever again!

pr0cs

I want to participate but sold my 88 mustang convertible. Just didn't make sense anymore with kids, didn't have the same draw that it used to when compared to when I was a younger man.
I bought my new to me boat this August, got a wicked deal on my old boat so put myself in debt for the next 300 years with this new one.
Love wakesurfing and this one is much better than the old boat since its designed specifically for that.
CJmjkyU.jpg

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
MetalAlien MetalAlien gets my vote for the most apocalypse ready vehicle in this thread. Just need a big stockpile of ammunition in the back and a placeholder for the machinegun turret!

Weilthain

Banned
American cars are so much better looking than the cookie cutter shapes that every car over here is.

I want a mustang so much that is my favourite.

Solomeena

Banned
My sweet ass ride, let me tell you...she comes with a twin bike rack right on the front of the hood. It also comes with a Thermo Fuckin' King Air Conditioner the size of a twin bed on the roof of my sweet ass ride that keeps me cool all the time in the summer. She even comes with kick ass lighting system that stretches from the front to the back on the inside. Good for keeping an eye out for your local thug(s) who are always trying to snatch your purse, phones, etc... She even has the ability to be a lowrider if she so chooses... I give you:

hKNoDQO.jpg

Makariel

My wife drives a Toyota Vios that's been around the extended family for about 15 years. Looks a bit like this:

Toyota-vios-silver-2005-used-70689950-1.jpg

I'm driving my 10 year old bicylce that looks like this in a slightly different colour:

6770343091_88d46b1d9d_b.jpg

In my family we tend to drive cars until the point they simply stop working and are beyond economic sensible repair. The "problem" with the Toyota above is that it's near indestructible ;)

MetalAlien

Banned
Nissan Navara isn't it?

I love it. Really madmax like car.
The picture on desert, where is it and what kind of tires you got on the rear?
Thanks! Yes a Navara. That picture is at Dumont Sand Dunes. Those are 38" Xtreme Dominator sand paddles.

Last edited:

Paltheos

Well. I made the dive. Spent a little over 30k on my new car. Kia's new trim for its Forte line - the GT (the GT2 package, specifically). I'd been split between the tech and functionality of the Forte EX and the sportiness of the Civic Touring, but this little beauty came out at just the right time. I have a little over 400 miles on it now and my opinion is that the $25.8k sticker price is an absolute bargain. It's the best compact I've found and punches up their with mid-30k midsizes like a champ. There's definitely a few cost-cut corners and a few elements that conform well with me specifically, but I still give this car a big thumbs up. Anyone... uh... in the market for a new car right now - I'm willing to answer any questions you might have about it. :messenger_grinning:
I know when I started car shopping I didn't expect to end up with a Kia, but here I am.

Rear:
VKzs5coh.jpg

Side:
wNOH0W3h.jpg

Front:
J95Hgeoh.jpg

Interior:
7pbQhzqh.jpg

Interior (night - I just really like the ambient lighting):
k4EkdEXh.jpg

highrider

Banned
mJCxXfE.jpg

6vzyIj3.jpg

Picked up a Scion very cheap, put a used door on it and painted it ( I work as a painter ). I generally flip every car I buy but I might drive it for a little while.

The WRX? It was ok. I just hated it. fuck the CVT most miserable transmission I ever experienced. I will never own another Subaru ever again!

Ok I'm sorry...I can't...I can't...who the hell buys a WRX with a cvt? That is absolutely ludicrous. I'm not the biggest fan of Subaru and their clutches, mainly the odd bite point they have, but I would take the manual and it's quirks over a cvt. I'm baffled by this.

p.s. sweet abarth. Those have a dirty exhaust note and I love it.

i've got a 2017 mustang ecoboost as my daily (full exhaust, intercooler, BOV, CAI, wastegate, etc...). about 330 whp... not my pic. I'm probably replacing this with an r32 gtr:
2017-ford-mustang-ecoboost-performance-package-7-miles-magnetic-metallic-2dr-car-1.jpg

my other car, the unicorn. a 2008 evo x gsr with under 40k miles on the chassis. built engine with 8k miles on it, too many upgrades to list. just over 500 awhp on a dynojet. Getting a bigger fuel pump, bigger injectors, switching to open source and a re-tune in 1 week. should make another ~50 hp with a flex fuel tune

iXqhUwf.jpg

my wife's family car is a 2015 Buick Enclave

Last edited:

Uhtred

Ok I'm sorry...I can't...I can't...who the hell buys a WRX with a cvt? That is absolutely ludicrous. I'm not the biggest fan of Subaru and their clutches, mainly the odd bite point they have, but I would take the manual and it's quirks over a cvt. I'm baffled by this.

p.s. sweet abarth. Those have a dirty exhaust note and I love it.

I don’t know how to drive a stick. The CVT was just the absolute worst. The Subaru was the most choppy unenjoyable car I ever had.

The Abarth has an amazing sound, the Record Monza exhaust is beautiful.
Could you elaborate some more? I've heard only good things from Subarus
I had so many problems with that car, it was brand new:
Leak in the passenger side footwell that needed repair.

A low idle issue that never got fixed. It was very annoying.

Loose axle that needed to be fixed.

Rattled galore

Last edited:
I don’t know how to drive a stick. The CVT was just the absolute worst. The Subaru was the most choppy unenjoyable car I ever had.

The Abarth has an amazing sound, the Record Monza exhaust is beautiful.
I had so many problems with that car, it was brand new:
Leak in the passenger side footwell that needed repair.

A low idle issue that never got fixed. It was very annoying.

Loose axle that needed to be fixed.

Rattled galore

That choppyness is most definitely a characteristic of the cvt. The cvt's I've driven all had that "rubberband" feeling. I've driven a manual STI and it definitely wasn't choppy. It was tons of fun.

jts

...hate me...
Qashqai+2. Getting a bit old in the tooth but I really like it. Was kinda planning to trade it this year but maybe not yet with the pandemic going on and shit.
O4ZSbeI.jpg

Last edited:
Sold the WRX. In truth, it was a miserable experience. I hated the car, and it gave me nothing but problems.

MG5bUlk.jpg

jSbRyz7.jpg

55UJMWv.jpg

kaG2q17.jpg

I've driven one of these a few times. Really really fun car...but if you think its going to be more reliable than a Subaru (granted its mostly a Mazda but not the engine)

200.gif

Reactions: 888
Top Bottom