• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
i still think its a huge missed op for from software to not create a new kings field or shadow tower for the morpheus.

Futuridium VR
o1WZtiR.jpg

(Trailer)

They spent way less time on morpheus that I expected
Yeah, and House seemed really concerned about stressing how this stuff was totally optional, and people were free to ignore it completely if they choose, because it's really only tangentially related to the PS4. At first, I thought it was just a dig at MS for bundling the Kinect, but he actually seemed concerned that Morpheus would somehow tarnish the pristine reputation of the PS4. "If it ain't broke"? It seemed kinda weird, given how stoked Shu and the others are about it. =/

oldergamer

It's because sony also knows that VR will only appeal to a smaller range of game fans. As cool and immersive as it is, the fact some people get sick from using it, means its not for everyone.

For me a lot of the games seem very last gen or like tech demo's more then than AAA titles.

It's because sony also knows that VR will only appeal to a smaller range of game fans. As cool and immersive as it is, the fact some people get sick from using it, means its not for everyone.
Sure, but Shu knows all that stuff too. Maybe the difference is Shu's a real gamer, and House seems like he's just a suit. /shrug

For me a lot of the games seem very last gen or like tech demo's more then than AAA titles.
That's kinda to be expected. We're all hoping for the best here, but it is still a gamble at its core. Until we see just how popular this thing is, it'll be hard for anyone to justify investing much more than an indy-sized budget for this stuff. Still holding out hope for support from GT and Dreams though.

And yeah, the performance requirements will carry some design constraints, but I think most of what we've seen looks pretty clean.

Sotha_Sil

Did not know that Mind: Path to Thalamus was coming to PS4. That's one of the games I've wanted to try for a while, but haven't gotten to.

I think puzzle games will be great for VR. The Witness remains one of my most anticipated PS4, even all these years later. I will be playing it with or without VR support.

gmoran

Morpheus needs a roller coaster designer and simulator.

The end goal to design the most extreme roller coaster you can, that can then be experienced in VR.

The design side doesn't need to be in VR.

It could (should?) also have a business simulator where earning more $ allows you to build bigger and bigger roller coasters, thus allowing progression..

I just wanted to say, great job on the OP, Sangetsu. The other day I dropped by to post links to a few games I'd found, but it turned out you'd already covered them all!

Someone please make a Ringworld game. <3

I just wanted to say, great job on the OP, Sangetsu. The other day I dropped by to post links to a few games I'd found, but it turned out you'd already covered them all!

Someone please make a Ringworld game. <3

Haha, thanks man. I try my best <3

Sometimes I may miss some, so if you guys see any games that are missing feel free to post a link or some info so I can look it up.

stryke

It looks like there some Morpheus event today but I don't know if it's internal only at Sony or a press event -

00bXNSF.png

fred

All looking good to me, but I'm going to be using my PC for VR goodness myself. Elite: Dangerous is the main reason but better quality eye candy on more powerful hardware is also a factor.

Probably going to be 18 months before I can afford to build a new PC and afford to buy either Oculus Rift or HTC Vive though.

magnumpy

this makes me wonder how all the exclusives will work out.

for instance, there is eve: valkyrie which I think (?) is coming to morpheus, oculus rift, and vive. but then there are all these titles listed here which for some of them is the first time I've heard of them. I guess we'll find out more later? I guess there is still several months before the first of these headsets launch.

this makes me wonder how all the exclusives will work out.

for instance, there is eve: valkyrie which I think (?) is coming to morpheus, oculus rift, and vive. but then there are all these titles listed here which for some of them is the first time I've heard of them. I guess we'll find out more later? I guess there is still several months before the first of these headsets launch.

Right now Project Morpheus has a couple of exclusive games (Which reminds me I should categorize them for people to know). Edit: done

The rest are multiplats basically. But let's not forget Sony has two studios working on Morpheus (London & North West) so expect more exclusives to wow the crowd for launch in 2016.

Jeels

From the list in the OP:

World War Toons (maybe)
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Surgeon Simulator (maybe)
Summer Lesson
Harmonix Music VR (played this at E3 and it was the perfect chill out after work game)
Playroom VR (I like the little guys...)

If Harmonix Music VR and Summer Lesson come out at launch, I'll def be getting a Morpheus.

eFKac

^^ hmm wonder if that's true.

Don't really like the name, but that's a side thing.

A 300€ price tag for vanilla headset ensures a niche status for VR.

Edit. Also weird release date. Sony is quoting lack of software as the reason for the first half of 2016 release window, I have a hard time believing that a 2 month delay is worth missing the holiday season.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
^^ hmm wonder if that's true.

Don't really like the name, but that's a side thing.

A 300€ price tag for vanilla headset ensures a niche status for VR.

Edit. Also weird release date. Sony is quoting lack of software as the reason for the first half of 2016 release window, I have a hard time believing that a 2 month delay is worth missing the holiday season.

I think it's a pretty cool double entrendre'. It's a nice play on the Morpheus code name if this is the actual name.

Top Bottom