• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets talk about Sonys First Party Studios and their upcoming Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

dEvAnGeL

My only fear for TLoU2 is that I don't want one that's not written by Druckmann. I don't think he's lying when he said sequel ideas for TLoU is put on ice while he focuses on U4.

It'd be awkward if somehow Team Pre-Production is working on TLoU2 without Druckmann. I hope it's a new IP.
the fact that people think druckmann is some sort of a god just baffles me, the guy is a good writer but ND has a lot people with immense potential or how do you think he got to write the game? because that company is full of talent and gives chances to their team, i bet you they have another game on production that has nothing to do with uncharted or TLOU and it will be a great story written by someone else, the guy is good but not incredibly good

I reckon Evans and Balestra should really try to foster some new creative leads. I have huge respect for Druckmann and Straley but they shouldn't have to be relied upon all the time. Someone needs fill Hennig's shoes.

Who's to say there aren't though? Given how fast some of the more recent hires got promoted to lead artist/lead game designer, it's hard to assign seniority as an assumption of who's likely candidates to get that next step of creative leadership. We don't know who's the leadership in the pre-production skeleton crew.

the fact that people think druckmann is some sort of a god just baffles me, the guy is a good writer but ND has a lot people with immense potential or how do you think he got to write the game? because that company is full of talent and gives chances to their team, i bet you they have another game on production that has nothing to do with uncharted or TLOU and it will be a great story written by someone else, the guy is good but not incredibly good

Unlike Uncharted that's always had some amount of external inputs from other writers here and there, TLoU was wholly written by Druckmann.

At the very least, I'd like to see the first 'expanded vision' of TLoU still have the main creative's juice at the helm of the ship, before letting someone else's vision broaden it.

KAL2006

Banned
I wonder what other Co development surprises we will have. We already got BloodBorne, Street Fighter V and Deep Down. Isn't Level 5 JRPG rumoured, maybe that's Co developed with Sony Japan Studios. I expect Co development happens with struggling publishers like Capcom. I really wish Sony would work together with Konami to bring a Suikoden VI. Other struggling publishers are Sega and SNK, perhaps we will see some exclusives from those publishers in the future.

delSai

I wonder what other Co development surprises we will have. We already got BloodBorne, Street Fighter V and Deep Down. Isn't Level 5 JRPG rumoured, maybe that's Co developed with Sony Japan Studios. I expect Co development happens with struggling publishers like Capcom. I really wish Sony would work together with Konami to bring a Suikoden VI. Other struggling publishers are Sega and SNK, perhaps we will see some exclusives from those publishers in the future.

Level 5 isn't even a Rumor, that's going to be revealed at E3. Atleast that's what some Level 5 Dude said.
And Sony helping SNK would be amazing. We are already getting Metal Slug and other Classics from them, but the next KoF, maybe a new Maximum Impact or even a Fatal Fury on Ps4 would be sweet. And since Ps4 seems to be the Main Console for Fighting Games, i think that wouldn't be a dumb move.

mejin

Media.Vision and Tri-Ace could bring us new jrpgs. Well, I'd like to see that.

Not really sure what you're saying. So because there are other good writers at ND (and I agree that there almost certainly are), that somehow lessens Druckmann's achievements?

I reckon Evans and Balestra should really try to foster some new creative leads. I have huge respect for Druckmann and Straley but they shouldn't have to be relied upon all the time. Someone needs fill Hennig's shoes.

You assume they're not? I mean, these guys have been in charge of the studio for a long time and they obviously know what they're doing.

Do you think Naughty Dog will stay the same in this Generation or will Sony make this to a bigger Studio with maybe 3 Teams to push some more games and Ips from their Killerstudio?

jiggle

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=144519589
I can't wait to match my post to the 108 Stars of Destiny? It's fate Psycho.

1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

2. Superman is looking to make his triumphant return to video games, in a non-fighting game this time.

3. New Virtua Fighter game to come.

4. Good news for some PC MGS fans, there are plans from the top to bring the HD collection to PC. Not that anyone isn't expecting that, I'm sure.

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

7. You will start to hear about digital revivals of some old IPs in the next one to two years. Playstation and otherwise.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

Now for more something which is what you would say is a tease but actually makes perfect sense:

11. A new game which will be a pretty big deal, I'm sure.

12. An old game, which will be somewhat of a big deal I guess.

We should have news on all of the above over the coming 2 years I'd think. There's one or two "twists" here and there where one may not like what happens, but it's all true. I honestly think this is going to be an amazing generation.

stryke

Do you think Naughty Dog will stay the same in this Generation or will Sony make this to a bigger Studio with maybe 3 Teams to push some more games and Ips from their Killerstudio?

They're not even at 2 full production teams yet. I believe the studio will grow as a necessity as games become bigger, more detailed, complex and whatnot, but not so much that they can facilitate 3 teams.

Surely it's TLOU 2

I think that depends entirely on whether Druckmann and Straley want to make it, or whether they're willing to hand it off to someone else. If not then it could be a new IP.

I'd rather have something new too. I love TLOU, but a Sequel should wait till the End of the Gen imo.

Uh, you realise that even if it is TLOU 2, it'd still be another 2 years away, right? That's 2017, four years after the first game came out and a fairly long time.

They won't grow that large. They might ramp up to two full development teams but I don't think they'll ever be a Ubi Montreal or EA Canada mega-studio.

Isn't that the currency in the Helghasts goggles?

I think that's a sign it's Mercenary-ish. Maybe an integration of money into the MP system.

The safe bet would be a Mercenary port since Bluepoint was/is remastering a "AAA" handheld game for the PS4 since August.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885552

I would be totally okay with this. It's a great game that could definitely use more exposure. That being said, it could also be Gravity Rush, as I'm sure the first game will get a PS4 port along with the sequel showing up on PS4. Or it could be Uncharted: Golden Abyss, if perhaps Bluepoint are working on the HD Collection and they're chucking GA in there as well. An outside chance that it may be Wipeout 2048 (I would fucking love this), and it definitely won't be Tearaway as Mm are remaking it themselves. Maybe Soul Sacrifice or Freedom Wars at a stretch, but I doubt it. The condition of it being a 'AAA' Vita game actually narrows it down a great deal. I guess maybe it could be a third party game, but again, not many on Vita that are a big deal.

This listing just proves that its pointless to own a PS Vita at this time.

If they wanted to promote Remote Play, now is a horrible time to push it since Vita software is non-existential at this time.

GnawtyDog

Banned
I wonder if that Superman game is the Warner Bros. exclusive he talked about a while back.

If it's by Rocksteady that'll be big. At least for me.

But that's more of a BIG rumor rather than anything else. I don't think WB is having their flagship studio release exclusives and pander to a side. I could however see WB have the studio that made Origins do something like that.

Elfstruck

Old game
Coming home
Back where I belong

Jeez what can it be
It can only be this, right guys?
2604521-crash.jpg

Biker19

Banned
Earlier, I listed the IP's that Sony has owned here, & to be honest, the series from that entire list from PS1, PS2, PS3, & PSP that I enjoyed, & would like to see again on PS4 &/or PS Vita, are

• Alundra (the 1st one),
  • Ape Escape,
  • Colony Wars,
  • Cool Boarders,
  • Dark Cloud,
  • Folklore,
  • G-Police,
  • Genji,
  • God of War,
  • Gran Turismo,
  • Ico,
  • Intelligent Qube,
  • Jak & Daxter,
  • Jeanne d'Arc,
  • Jet Moto,
  • Jet X2O,
  • Jumping Flash!,
  • Kingdom of Paradise,
  • Legend of Legaia,
  • Lemmings,
  • LocoRoco,
  • MediEvil,
  • MotorStorm,
  • Patapon,
  • Philosoma,
  • Primal,
  • Puppeteer,
  • Q*bert,
  • Ratchet & Clank,
  • Rise of the Kasai,
  • Rogue Galaxy,
  • Shadow of the Colossus,
  • Sly Cooper,
  • SkyGunner,
  • Super Stardust,
  • The Eye of Judgment,
  • The Last of Us,
  • The Legend of Dragoon,
  • The Mark of Kri,
  • Twisted Metal,
  • Uncharted,
  • Wild Arms, &
  • WipEout.

Oh, & a proper return of Crash Bandicoot with gameplay from Crash 1, 2, & Warped (even though Sony doesn't truly own the IP).

Other series that I also like, such as inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, & Shadow of the Beast, are already on PS4 &/or PS Vita, so that's why I didn't list them (& the reason why I didn't list Demon's Souls is because we're already getting Bloodborne).

^^^ There are a lot of series there I'd like to be brought back, but most of all I want a new Alundra. Man, it would be so amazing to have another beautiful 2D adventure with stunning visuals similar to Rayman or Muramasa. Were I in charge of it I'd put Silicon Studios (3D Dot Game Heroes, Bravely Default) on development.

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

Ahhh, of course. I was wondering which game they'd bundle with XII to bring the price up to $40 - I hadn't considered Dragon Quest VIII.

zeromcd73

Imru’ al-Qays;151567850 said:
Ahhh, of course. I was wondering which game they'd bundle with XII to bring the price up to $40 - I hadn't considered Dragon Quest VIII.
I would assume that they would be separate releases. Bundle FFXII HD with another FFXV demo (if it isn't out) or FFXVI demo, and DQVIII HD with a DQXI demo and they can sell them at full price.

Day 1 for both :)

Lol. Developers should know that the community always gets itself overhyped over teasers!

I never had any expectation of it, because it's rarely how Sony rolls with these kind of stuff.

Nevermind individual games, even for 'events', Sony rarely does teasers. And their teasers are largely video-based, and doesn't hint to a game specifically, because they'd like it to be a surprise.

It either pops up as a random PSBlog announcement out-of-nowhere (like Singstar or TLoU:R), or it'll be kept for events.

Percy

Banned
I completely forgot Sony owned Cool Boarders and Jeanne D'Arc... I'd love to see either of those come back, but I know it'll never happen.

Just gonna get shovelled into IP limbo along with all the other abandoned series Sony is sitting on no doubt.

Hmm but rocksteady is warner bros biggest studio and they almost finished Batman

yeah maybe ;)
But I mean Warner Bros Montreals last big game was in 2013. So what did they do these past 2 Years?

+Monolith Productions is probably working on the Shadow of Mordor Sequel
+Rocksteady is currently working on Batman
+NetherRealm Studios are working on Mortal Kombat X
+TT Games are busy with their Lego Games

So only Warner Bros Montreal isnt currently working on a big budget Game --> So my guess the exclusive Ps4 Game

Superman....that would be damm nice

2014_08_batman-vs-superman-battle-rain-batman-vs-superman-doomsday-metallo-or-darkseid.webp

Turkoop

Banned
yeah maybe ;)
But I mean Warner Bros Montreals last big game was in 2013. So what did they do these past 2 Years?

So only Warner Bros Montreal isnt currently working on a big budget Game --> So my guess, they are working on the Ps4 Exclusive Game

2014_08_batman-vs-superman-battle-rain-batman-vs-superman-doomsday-metallo-or-darkseid.webp

would be very nice :)

yeah maybe ;)

So only Warner Bros Montreal isnt currently working on a big budget Game --> So my guess the exclusive Ps4 Game

I thought they were working on Suicide Squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom