• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's talk about your favorite ultimate weapons.

Fbh

Guess my Nr. 2 after the Genocide Gun would be Crissaegrim from SotN

1320015259784suih.gif

Really loved this one.

But If you decide to use it it turns the game into a joke

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
pso's heaven punisher

Heaven-Punisher.jpg

pso11377899161jx.png

BB-HEAVEN_PUNISHER-ACTION-2.jpg

if used on the right beat, its special attack beams down damaging rays of light on every enemy on the screen

Great choice, though the weapon was never that useful IMO. Still really cool. Also the music that plays in the hub world instantly popped into my head when I saw that vendor menu.

still <3 dat PSO

Ultimadrago

I hate this thing, probably my least favorite 'ultimate' weapon ever. It's just too good to be any fun.

Overpowered is just how I like my ultimate weapons. I certainly don't use them for the challenge. Mowing down fools is fun for days!

GorillaJu

This bastard here, The Water Sprinkler of Nem Ankh. Probably retained its usefulness as long as a weapon ever has in an MMO, and the quest to get it was pretty neat as were all the 1.0 epic weapons. I would pay SoE to know how many people I clicked back to life over the years.

HZ4B2RS.jpg

Daaaamn, memories!

My epic was the Celestial Fists

celestialfistspic.jpg

The Hadoken from Mega Man X. I don't remember exactly the process to get it since I haven't played the game in so long, but if I remember correctly you can one-hit kill anybody with that thing, even Sigma:

images

The P.R.L. 412 from Resident Evil 4: absolutely the most broken weapon I've ever used in any game, in the history of ever. Funny thing, I found that getting this was easier than getting the Handcannon, yet it's way more broken:

images

stn

Morrowind - Trueflame Sword
Perfect Dark - Laptop Gun
Half-Life 2 - Gravity Gun
Deus-Ex - Dragon Tooth

MisterTom

Neo Member
Always loved Atma Weapon from FF6, I know you have to be high level for it to be useful but when you get to that point!!!

This! Atma weapon paired with Genji Gloves and Offering will always be the best weapon combo of all time to me.

Also love the Redeemer from Unreal Tournament.

dadozer

Banned
Half life 2.

Once you get the gravity gun, you think to yourself 'it world be so badass if it could pick up enemies'

Last level, BOOM, wish fulfillment.

Vitten

Combustion Hellfire in Borderlands 1.

In the hands of a Siren with an SMG-build it makes you a living god. Everything arounds you melts in seconds... every..thing..

combustion-hellfire.jpg

GioG

Neo Member
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn's Ragnell
Ragnell_%28FE13_Artwork%29.png

Ike just isn't overpowered enough. He needs a 18 STR 1-2 Rng sword with unlimited uses and +5 defense bonus half-way into the game.

Imagine if someone asked you to design a super-weapon for the next Ace Combat. What would you choose? How about a barrage of powerful and speedy missiles? How about being able to target air AND ground targets? And does "TWELVE simultaneous targets" sound OP enough?

Ladies and gentleman, I present you, from Ace Combat 6: ADMM - All Direction Multi-Purpose Missile

ADMM.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjBXZaP-t5U

The Claimh Solais from Aria of Sorrow was supposed to be the ult. It wasn't, in all practicality (nunchucks were) but it was still cool and big.

M0Xvoax.png

Also, the best weapon in PSO, I don't CARE what anyone else says:

3qkCze1.jpg

CHAIN SAWD!

Top Bottom