• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Letter from Bonnie Ross in regards to MCC (Halo 3 ODST SP free to MCC players)

jbug617

Banned
http://news.xbox.com/2014/12/games-halo-thank-you-to-our-fans?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Last month, I promised the Halo and Xbox community that addressing the matchmaking issues and other bugs impacting players’ experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection was our #1 priority. We’ve been working around the clock deploying weekly content updates and numerous server-side adjustments that have shown good results and we’re encouraged by the feedback we’re hearing from you. Another big hurdle was overcome when we added fan-favorite playlists, such as SWAT and Halo: CE, back to our matchmaking menu and we plan to add more soon. Next week, we’ll release a content update that will add all 10 episodes of the cooperative experience “Spartan Ops” for Halo 4, and will address other issues. I assure you that the team will continue to work on additional content updates to further improve the all-up gameplay experience.

This has been a humbling experience and highlighted how we as a studio can – and need – to do better for Xbox fans around the world. We are so grateful to our fans who have stood by our side and we appreciate all of your patience as we worked through these issues. As a token of our appreciation and to thank fans for the continued support and understanding, we will be offering the following items, for free, to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection online since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).*

1 Month of Xbox Live Gold
Exclusive In-Game Nameplate
Exclusive In-Game Avatar

* For specifics on eligibility and further details on the offer, visit the FAQ at: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...alo-the-master-chief-collection-thank-you-faq

Additionally, you’ve told us that you want more Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer map content and Halo 3: ODST on Xbox One. As a future bonus, we’re going to make these happen and give them to you for free. We are just now starting work with our partners to bring both to Halo: The Master Chief Collection and will share more specific details on timing in the coming months. But for now, here’s what you can expect:

Halo 3: ODST Campaign – Development has just started on the campaign for Halo 3: ODST, which will be available within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and upgraded to 1080p resolution, running at 60fps. It will be available for free to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).* Thanks to our friends at Bungie for creating the original “Halo 3: ODST” campaign.

“Relic” Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer Map – Available via a free content update to Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we will reimagine the fan-favorite map “Relic,” fully remastered and running at 1080p resolution and 60fps. We chose this map based on its suitability for Slayer and Objective modes and its ability to support teams of varying sizes. And you can trust that Certain Affinity will tune and tweak the map to make it even better than you remember.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
*who played Halo MCC between launch and Dec 19

http://news.xbox.com/2014/12/games-halo-thank-you-to-our-fans

Additionally, you’ve told us that you want more Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer map content and Halo 3: ODST on Xbox One. As a future bonus, we’re going to make these happen and give them to you for free. We are just now starting work with our partners to bring both to Halo: The Master Chief Collection and will share more specific details on timing in the coming months. But for now, here’s what you can expect:

Halo 3: ODST Campaign – Development has just started on the campaign for Halo 3: ODST, which will be available within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and upgraded to 1080p resolution, running at 60fps. It will be available for free to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).* Thanks to our friends at Bungie for creating the original “Halo 3: ODST” campaign.

“Relic” Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer Map – Available via a free content update to Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we will reimagine the fan-favorite map “Relic,” fully remastered and running at 1080p resolution and 60fps. We chose this map based on its suitability for Slayer and Objective modes and its ability to support teams of varying sizes. And you can trust that Certain Affinity will tune and tweak the map to make it even better than you remember.

Also:

As a token of our appreciation and to thank fans for the continued support and understanding, we will be offering the following items, for free, to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection online since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).*

1 Month of Xbox Live Gold
Exclusive In-Game Nameplate
Exclusive In-Game Avatar

FAQ: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...alo-the-master-chief-collection-thank-you-faq

Good on them! Of course I'll have to pay for it, since I don't have the game yet, but not the end of the world.

This means Reach is on the table, too! Probably being worked on as well

Damn, that's a cool apology for the mess of a launch.

I guess this means Reach is probably coming too? I don't have an X1 yet but that and ODST are the only Halo campaigns I haven't played, looking forward to eventually playing them remastered.

So, wait...the compensation is more content that probably won't work right for a game that still continues to function improperly a month after launch?

dralla

But how about you fix the game? And not remove the dedicated servers and leave us with garbage P2P as your "fix"

So I bought this and played the SP campaigns and then traded it in after hearing about the MP... Can't recall if I played a match online. Am I SOL?

jem0208

Awesome, that's a seriously good repayment actually.

I presume this will be paid for DLC for those who haven't played within the time frame?

xemumanic

That cool, but do Reach as well. I'll pay! Yes, I said it, we were all thinking it before release that we wanted both these games as a part of the collection.

Also, wtf do you mean no Firefight? We want Firefight!

Well, what we really want is MCC fixed, but that's slooooooooooowly already happening.

Ephemeris

so i bought the game but I haven't had a chance to play it yet (sitting right next to me). I guess I better play this badboy asap to have a chance

Silky

Banned
So, wait...the compensation is more content that probably won't work right for a game that still continues to function improperly a month after launch?

What and why do you think that ODST won't function??????????????

Well, could you please halt development on ODST and focus on fixing the fucking game first?

It's obviously being outsourced to an external team that probably did the porting of Halo 3 and 4.

Well, could you please halt development on ODST and focus on fixing the fucking game first?

THIS 100%.

Why are people acting all happy? The game still has a laundry list of problems. Fuck compensation. Fix the damn game first before throwing more content that probably won't work right at people.

Halo ODST was my favorite Halo. . now only if they can get Reach next.

Wow I really appreciate this, I think the 343 hate should die down some, they are working on it and unlike Ubi they are actually trying to have good PR.

Top Bottom