• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Letter from Bonnie Ross in regards to MCC (Halo 3 ODST SP free to MCC players)

All online users that have played “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” between Nov. 11, 2014 and Dec. 19, 20141 will be eligible for the 1-month of Xbox Live Gold, an exclusive in-game nameplate and avatar, as well as the campaign for “Halo 3: ODST.” 2

The “Relic” multiplayer map will be available to all online users of “Halo: The Master Chief Collection,” regardless of gameplay during the eligibility period. 2

So does this mean anybody with an online account, not necessarily with an active Gold sub, will receive the bonus stuff? So long as they play by tonight of course.

Can't wait to here those great tunes in ODST again, love that soundtrack. I'm getting MCC as a Christmas gift so I won't get it free but still think its awesome that it's coming.

RdN

Holy shit, HALO 3: ODST for free?? That's amazing!

Great job, 343i. You messed up, and now you're owning it.

TheOddOne

people really feeling this?

the game's not even fixed and you guys are all like "apology accepted!" because you get to play a free campaign?

alright
Who are these people?

People still have concerns, but this is still a nice gesture--it's hard to see fault in it.

jay23

This is awesome, hope we end up having all halo 2 maps on anniversary edition.

MCC has been working a lot better thanks to all the updates.

jbug617

Banned
ODST isn't going to come out till the Spring. No plans for Firefight. According to the faq they did not plan on doing this.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...alo-the-master-chief-collection-thank-you-faq

The re-mastered version of the campaign for “Halo 3: ODST” in “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” and the re-imagined “Halo 2: Anniversary” version of the “Relic” multiplayer map will be available in spring 2015. Both projects were not part of our original development plans, but as a result of community feedback, and to do something special for our fans, both are now in development. The campaign for “Halo 3: ODST” will be delivered via a free download token for eligible players1 of “Halo: The Master Chief Collection,” and “Relic” will be included as part of a free content update for the game.

Lol at the muted replies in this thread. This is a huge addition that happens to be completely free. Meanwhile we've got people saying in this thread "yea, this sounds alright".

Lol at the muted replies in this thread. This is a huge addition that happens to be completely free. Meanwhile we've got people saying in this thread "yea, this sounds alright".

Well Halo MCC is a pretty epic fuck-up, but this is a nice gesture to give back to the fans for what happened whilst they continue to work on MCC

Nobody knows about my question? Stinkles?

I bought the game on launch to play with on my friend's Xbone until I got my own but I don't have a Gold sub.

Korosenai

"We are just now starting work with our partners to bring both to Halo: The Master Chief Collection and will share more specific details on timing in the coming months."

More outsourcing :(

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
THIS 100%.

Why are people acting all happy? The game still has a laundry list of problems. Fuck compensation. Fix the damn game first before throwing more content that probably won't work right at people.

You act like they are going to stop fixing MCC and just work on ODST...

Fracas

#fuckonami
ODST isn't going to come out till the Spring. No plans for Firefight. According to the faq they did not plan on doing this.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...alo-the-master-chief-collection-thank-you-faq

gKec3XO.gif

clem84

Gold Member
It would be cool if they released an updated retail version with the extra multiplayer stuff you had to download and the ODST campaign. Probably won't happen...

*sigh* picked it up on release day but didn't open it because of the issues.

Guess its best to see now if I can return it and buy it when its in a bargain bin.

darthbob

"We are just now starting work with our partners to bring both to Halo: The Master Chief Collection and will share more specific details on timing in the coming months."

More outsourcing :(

Probably going to the same team that ported H3 over, and they did a pretty damn good job. (except for the sound mixing)

Top Bottom