• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Letter from Bonnie Ross in regards to MCC (Halo 3 ODST SP free to MCC players)

That's a given. :/

it's a shame because the game has really solid maps.

crater was perfect when i was on my own.
windward with a buddy when i was feeling a bit campy. loved sniping on this map
chasm ten and lost platoon were great for 4 players
rally point and last exit were harder to play on so they required more tactical play
alpha site was everyone's go-to for endure and also good for 2 or 4 players

the only one i didn't really like was security zone because it was too open.

Minions

So I take it anyone that didn't have gold between those days does not get ODST SP free?

If so that sucks. It seems the way they worded it you must have played "online" during that period. I don't pay for gold so I guess I'm SOL for the campaign.

Hopefully they fix these achievements that are not unlocking properly.... that is the main issue I've had in single player anyway. That and very unstable frame rate if you co-op locally...

darthbob

it's a shame because the game has really solid maps.

crater was perfect when i was on my own.
windward with a buddy when i was feeling a bit campy. loved sniping on this map
chasm ten and lost platoon were great for 4 players
rally point and last exit were harder to play on so they required more tactical play
alpha site was everyone's go-to for endure and also good for 2 or 4 players

the only one i didn't really like was security zone because it was too open.

Mmm Crater Night and Uplift Reserve were my favorite FF maps to play on, for different reasons. (VISR mode for CN, Vehicle Carnage for UR). Alpha Site, as you said was THE go-to map for Endure and was pretty decent in it's own right.

Here's hoping that 343i surprises us with FF.

So I played MCC and my Xbox was online, but I didn't go to multiplayer because you all said it was broken. Does that mean I don't get any of this stuff?

I'm not sure why they limited this until the 20th. I'm still having issues playing with a group of 3 and even playing solo sometimes.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So I played MCC and my Xbox was online, but I didn't go to multiplayer because you all said it was broken. Does that mean I don't get any of this stuff?

As a token of our appreciation and to thank fans for the continued support and understanding, we will be offering the following items, for free, to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection online since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).*

Might be a good idea to go online, and hope your history is good enough.

So I take it anyone that didn't have gold between those days does not get ODST SP free?

If so that sucks. It seems the way they worded it you must have played "online" during that period. I don't pay for gold so I guess I'm SOL for the campaign.

Hopefully they fix these achievements that are not unlocking properly.... that is the main issue I've had in single player anyway. That and very unstable frame rate if you co-op locally...

No, as long as your Xbox is connected to the internet while you play during that timeframe, you are eligible, you don't need to have Gold nor played multiplayer.

OH SHIT I don't think I ever got into an official online match. It never worked. So I don't get anything? Balls.

Edit: Oops, guess I misread what 'got online' meant. I played a bunch of campaign stuff so YAAAAAY

membran

So, they make up for all the numerous, mainly online-related, issues with the eventual release of ODST's offline campaign? Adding a campaign without Master Chief in it to the Master Chief Collection? Makes sense, right. Playing yet another old campaign is what all the multiplayer fans were yearning for.

And don't get me started on Relic. I still can't believe they chose this one instead of Midship, Beaver Creek or Ivory Tower.

3+ additional maps for H2:A would have been awesome. ODST and Relic? Not so much.

So, they make up for all the numerous, mainly online-related, issues with the eventual release of ODST's offline campaign? Adding a campaign without Master Chief in it to the Master Chief Collection? Makes sense, right. Playing yet another old campaign is what all the multiplayer fans were yearning for.

And don't get me started on Relic. I still can't believe they chose this one instead of Midship, Beaver Creek or Ivory Tower.

3+ additional maps for H2:A would have been awesome. ODST and Relic? Not so much.

"This free stuff isn't the free stuff I wanted."

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

Jesus fucking Christ.

This is why we can't have nice things.

They give Halo fans that were upset when their Halo game did not work as advertised one of the best Halo games ever made Remastered in 1080p and 60fps. Free.

Plus a multiplayer map and a month of Xbox Live. All while simultaneously working night and day to fix the problem. Even going as far as to cancel the launch of one of their other Halo titles until this one is up to par.

And yet here we are. With you bitching that it's not enough.

What has the Internet done to humanity?

membran

Well, you know, it's my opinion. I'm happy for everybody who enjoys playing old campaigns such as the ODST one. It's not for me. Halo has always been a multiplayer affair for me.

So, for all the hours wasted in matchmaking and trying to work around the broken party system I get the Relic map, and let's not kid ourselves here, this one is bad. You can't play multiflag/neutral bomb on it, it's no proper team slayer map - it's a small island with a single base on it. It's certainly no midship.

Midship is getting TWO remakes in Halo 5, and has already basically been remade twice. I'd rather not get a 6th version of the map, regardless of how good it is.

If the game is in your history, you're eligible.

I don't think mine had fully installed when i launched it, i remember trying to play some of it and it said i had to wait for the extra content to finish installing or something so i just changed a few of the customization options. Would that still show up, or would it be different as it wasn't fully installed?

Well, you know, it's my opinion. I'm happy for everybody who enjoys playing old campaigns such as the ODST one. It's not for me. Halo has always been a multiplayer affair for me.

So, for all the hours wasted in matchmaking and trying to work around the broken party system I get the Relic map, and let's not kid ourselves here, this one is bad. You can't play multiflag/neutral bomb on it, it's no proper team slayer map - it's a small island with a single base on it. It's certainly no midship.

Playing yet another old campaign was exactly what I, as a series fan, have been waiting for. I can't wait to delve into ODST again.

Heck, I hope they add Reach somewhere down the line, too.

pikablu

Never been a fan of halo odst. Thought the levels were tedious and I had to use the map way too often. I hate using maps in games.

i don't see why they have an end date because the game still isn't functioning properly. I consistently have lag in games (when it connects to a game), I haven't been able to get a BTB game yet, playing with 2 or more friends last night and we played 3 games in 2 hours because it kept disconnecting us and getting stuck at the loading screen.

So people buying the game now should not be exempt from these freebies.

i don't see why they have an end date because the game still isn't functioning properly. I consistently have lag in games (when it connects to a game), I haven't been able to get a BTB game yet, playing with 2 or more friends last night and we played 3 games in 2 hours because it kept disconnecting us and getting stuck at the loading screen.

Agreed absolutely

FyreWulff

Also, from what people tell me, you still can't Forge in Halo 3 due to being unable to switch to any game mode.

Top Bottom