• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5's “major title that will surpass White Knight Chronicles” purported is alive

Faustek

Off topic
Q: Is Summer Lesson also enjoyable for girls?

A: The development team has girls that are enjoying it. Although, there are a lot of them that say they want to see a hot guy in it.

I love Japan.

On topic :
While WKC was somewhat of a mess I always felt as they aspired to reach for the stars. Wouldn't mind seeing a follow-up.

FireCloud

I really enjoyed WKC. Started WKC II but didn't get very far into it. I'm not sure what happened. It either didn't hold my interest like the fist game or something else came along and I just never got back to it.

I especially liked the online component of WKC. Had fun and met some nice people along the way.

wrowa

"I believe we'll anounce it" but maybe not, who knows! With all that Youkai money I might just keep it for myself!

Shin-Ra

• Offline focused
  • Good character design and artists
  • Vibrant world
That would be a solid start.

Philippo

Good thing is they're working on two PS4 projects
if Verendus is to be baleed
, which means that the endless NNK2/DC3 believers can keep on dreaming.

Datschge

I think WKC is shorthand for "a Playstation project we wouldn't publish on on our own but as long as Sony pays us to develop it..."

Jigorath

Banned
Ni No Kuni was pretty successful in the West so I'd assume they're working on a sequel.

Of course, I'd prefer Dark Cloud 3 but I don't think they'd be working on a Sony IP.

Yokai Chronicles (PS4) - The game to surpass White Knight Chronicles.

I think Hino really has his head up his arse if he thinks WKC was a good game.

Meh, I enjoyed WKC. It was not perfect, no. but it was a fun little RPG adventure. Wish they didn't shut down the online on part 2.

Looking forward to the new project.

Friends, you have no idea how badly I want Dark Cloud 3. I would give up gaming for a whole generation if I could just see a sequel. I can't die without having Dark Cloud 3.

I need it. It's the one sequel I want :(

I loved WKC/WKC2.
Bring it on. I want to GR grind for a couple hundred more hours...

How was WKC Origins in comparison to the other titles?

Not bad, but hamstrung by being on PSP.
It was a series of knife fights in phone booths due to constant room loading.

Mikey Jr.

Was supposed to be announced at E3.

Then everyone thought it would be announced at TGS.

Now nobody knows what the fuck is happening.

Also, fuck WKC. Throw that shit into the garbage bin where it belongs. They should try and surpass NNK.

LtOrange

Personally loved WKC's online mode. I know I'm in the minority, but I hope their ps4 game is heavily focused on multiplayer.

sublimit

Banned
Wow so much unfair hate for WKC in this thread. Sure the game wasn't something mind blowing but it wasn't as bad as some people try to make it look like either.

Anyway i'm glad this new project still exists and they continue working on it.

Wow so much unfair hate for WKC in this thread. Sure the game wasn't something mind blowing but it wasn't as bad as some people try to make it look like either.

Anyway i'm glad this new project still exists and they continue working on it.

Sometimes incredibly lacklustre/mediocre = bad reception.

Barakov

Rogue Galaxy 2!

Honestly, it's probably too late for that. It's a shame since that game ended on quite a cliffhanger from what I remember.

Surpassing WKC will probably be not that hard. If this new game of theirs ever releases that is.

Memento

What about the game that was supposed to be announced at E3? Is it this one?

Where is NNK2? Why cant I have nice things?

I'd take another DQ from them. Or another Dark Cloud.

Otherwise, I think they're one of the most overrated Japanese devs, and their recent console outings (RG, NNK, and WKC) have all been mediocre to bad. I hope they can reclaim what made them good, though I can't put my finger on what it is.

Top Bottom