• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lez talk mechanical keyboards

accx

I'm not sure a switch tester is that great to estimate the noise a full keyboard will make, but that's better than nothing...

I'm more and more thinking I'll use ALPS to build my (slightly modified) Ergodox.

It's not easy, though... Not pin compatible, far less options for PBT keycaps, and I think they all require a plate :/

I haven't dabbled in making my own keyboard yet (although will probably do an ergodox build as well whenever i can afford it).
Yea it's a bit shame about keycaps... I've actually kinda considered looking into mass manufacture alps keycaps but honestly don't know where to start and have no experience creating a business... Also it sounds super hard. But the though has crossed my mind!
You can get adapters though. They're not cheap, but someone from ehm... Geekhack? made a 3D Printer model you can order:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/9J3P8UFW7/alps-to-mx-120-stems?optionId=56261645

I have a box of tai hao miamis that are just waiting to be added on my modded matias full size board (paracord in the same colours as the miami set, Matte white spray painted terribly, gonna redo it whenever). But i can't really justify the adapter cost.. So, i've yet to try it out.
The forum thread where the guy posted it says that they work fine with matias switches, but ymmv. Better to get in contact with the guy directly if there's any doubts.

Also kind of want the tai hao paradise set (baby miami and unicorn tears) that's up on massdrop atm. Gotta get the adapters first.

The closest i've come to having the same feel as matias switches is mx clears, but ugh... Cherrys feel so cheap and hollow and plasticky and meh. The blues are also kind of okay but one might as well just pierce your ears with an ice pick because you'll go insane by the sound.
I swear, my former roommate hade blues and that shit traveled through two doors, a hallway and a pair of sennheiser hd25-ii. You know, the DJ standard for using in clubs because of their ability to block out noise.
This was 4-5 years ago and just thinking about it makes me mad.

Fake Edit:
He was also a programmer who worked almost every day after he got home from his workplace.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Someone said Cherry Clears are similar in feel to typical rubber domes, so it seems my guess was right. Not sure whether to get a mechanical though, I don't do all that much typing these days.

This is the exact keyboard I have in my shopping cart. I've used reds in my shine 2 for years without issue but I want a smaller keyboard and one that is backlit red so it matches the rest of my build. Other than the typing feel (I mostly use mine for gaming so reds suit me fine) is there any other reason you returned the keyboard? I really love my shine 2 other than it's size at this point so wanted to stick with Ducky unless the quality otherwise has dropped?
Apologies for the late reply. The keyboard itself had a great feel to it. It was the first mechanical I ever got my hands on but it had a nice solid feel to it. I think if it had Clears I'd still have it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Someone said Cherry Clears are similar in feel to typical rubber domes, so it seems my guess was right. Not sure whether to get a mechanical though, I don't do all that much typing these days.

Apologies for the late reply. The keyboard itself had a great feel to it. It was the first mechanical I ever got my hands on but it had a nice solid feel to it. I think if it had Clears I'd still have it.

In terms of actuation force they are similar. I have clears and wouldn't agree they feel like rubber domes beyond that though.

I'm really happy with my clears, and I'd recommend them to someone who wants something a bit heavier and more tactile than browns.

accx

If you like a noticeable bump in actuation, consider alps/matias!
Hard to come by to try but there's places where you can order a single switch for like $5 each. It's not like the real thing but it gives you an idea. I'd recommend getting a bunch of switches so you can compare.
Personally (despite my hatred for cherrys and their derivatives), clears are my favorites so far. Clears is the real tactile, similar to reds, as Whites are more similar to blues, if you get what i'm saying.
But.... i implore you to consider ALPS. All the switches from matias are tactile. Quiet Click's almost as silent as reds, but benefit immensely by having something soft under it (silicone pad, towel, whatever). All keyboards benefit from it. I see people recommend doing the o-ring mod on cherrys but honestly, you're ruining the feel for marginal at best results.

doitbenstiller.gif

BTW, i think Topres is the closest to rubber domes IIRC. Super expensive though (usually).

EDIT:
I wanted to say that i've owned black, reds, brown and greens from cherry and never felt completely satisfied. I've also tried numerous mods (different types of o-rings mostly) and always felt it ruined the feel of the switch + marginal sound dampening.
I always bottom out though so... My personal preference regarding cherry switches would be; clears/whites by far. browns. blues (if they weren't as loud they would prolly be top). reds. everything else.
Blacks will make you fatigued. Reds makes you press keys you're not supposed to press. browns feel nice at the start but kinda not really... something iffy. Blues... if you're deaf. Clears felt super duper but there's like what, 4 keyboards with clears now a days? White's the heavier version, felt okay but not really.

.... join the ALPS crowd.

Koren

I haven't dabbled in making my own keyboard yet (although will probably do an ergodox build as well whenever i can afford it).
Well, I already have an Ergodox, but I want to design my own, because of those small things I don't like (1.5u on sides, I'll replace them with 1u, two in some rows, better place thumb cluster, etc.)

Yea it's a bit shame about keycaps... I've actually kinda considered looking into mass manufacture alps keycaps but honestly don't know where to start and have no experience creating a business... Also it sounds super hard.
Indeed... Please tell me in case you succeed in this ;) I'll take blank or customs, since I use my own layout (I don't like Bépo, Dvorak, Colemak... Mine is ézomy ;) )

You can get adapters though. They're not cheap, but someone from ehm... Geekhack? made a 3D Printer model you can order:
I know, I'm posting there on a semi-regular basis... But that raise the keycaps, and add a bit of wobbling. That's far from perfect :/

BTW, i think Topres is the closest to rubber domes IIRC. Super expensive though (usually).
And impossible to find in any remotely decent ergonomic layout...

I'd probably fork a LOT for a Topre Ergodox.

Btw, I like blues sound, the thing I don't like is the low actuation point (and the fact that they don't slide perfectly when you press them off center, I look at you, 1.5u)... Maybe I should Jailhouse them.

Tripon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QagBmwL6g5c

Review of iKBC/Vortex MF108, their premium version of their fullsized keyboard.

I'm really impressed with iKBC, I have their new Poker II as a 60% keyboard that I carry around, and that thing is a tank. TaeKeyboards (who lives in Australia) said it was 200 ASD, and around $160 in the US.

Just looking at Amazon, you can only buy the New Poker II (60%), C series (entry level keyboards) and F series (that's their mid tier line) in the U.S. right now.

https://www.amazon.com/IKBC/b/ref=w...=15850361011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=IKBC

leng jai

Man even finding one with a detachable cable isn't that easy, let alone being actual wireless. The Duck One looks like the best option at the moment.

I keep eyeballing this Ergodox EZ to complement my Ergodox Infinity so I don't have to keep taking it with me back and forth to work.

Thoughts?

leng jai

How quickly do ABS caps actually starting shining? I'm surprised the Das 4 uses them instead of double shot PBT considering how expensive it is.

Tripon

How quickly do ABS caps actually starting shining? I'm surprised the Das 4 uses them instead of double shot PBT considering how expensive it is.
A couple of months? There's no set time table. You should get pbt if you like how they feel though.

leng jai

I've nailed it down to these, bear in mind I'm on a comfy couch setup:

Das 4 - Easily the best looking keyboard with he brushed metal top plate and oversized volume knob. USB 3.0 hub is also super handy. Downsides are non-detachable cable, weight and ABS caps.

Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 - The main reason I'm looking at this is for the wireless functionality. Again uses ABS caps and is the second most expensive of the bunch.

Ducky One/Shine 6 - RGB backlight, PBT caps and detachable cable. Is there any point in getting the Shine if I don't really need the numpad?

Logitech Pro TKL - Second best looking keyboard, beautiful RGB and detachable cable. Romer G caps is a big of an unknown for me.

Topre RGB - Most expensive, never tried Topre keys.

Ducky is the default choice, but the Das 4 is still tempting.

kami_sama

Das 4 - Easily the best looking keyboard with he brushed metal top plate and oversized volume knob. USB 3.0 hub is also super handy. Downsides are non-detachable cable, weight and ABS caps.
DAS quality has degraded over time, don't go with it. Also, for a couch setup, a non-detachable cable is a no-no.
Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 - The main reason I'm looking at this is for the wireless functionality. Again uses ABS caps and is the second most expensive of the bunch.
f you go for the tkl version it can be a good option.
Ducky One/Shine 6 - RGB backlight, PBT caps and detachable cable. Is there any point in getting the Shine if I don't really need the numpad?
Really, that's the best option really, go for the tkl if possible.
Logitech Pro TKL - Second best looking keyboard, beautiful RGB and detachable cable. Romer G caps is a big of an unknown for me.
Romer G caps = 0 Really, there are no aftermarket caps for romer switches, and they feel awful. DON'T BUY THIS
Topre RGB - Most expensive, never tried Topre keys.
I wouldn't recommend getting topre as a first"mechanical" keyboard tbh. It's expensive, there are little customization options and you might end up not liking Topre (I love it tbh) Also I think there's still no tkl version of the rgb.

So I'd go with the tkl Ducky.

Btw, abs caps can be good or bad, if it's thick doubleshotted abs it will feel better than thin lasered pbt. The issue is that most abs caps they use are shit thin pad-printed abs, so they feel awful and get their legends removed with little use, like the ones that CM used before (right now they use thick lasered pbt for the non-rgb and dual-shotted abs for the rgb ones)

leng jai

DAS quality has degraded over time, don't go with it. Also, for a couch setup, a non-detachable cable is a no-no.

f you go for the tkl version it can be a good option.

Really, that's the best option really, go for the tkl if possible.

Romer G caps = 0 Really, there are no aftermarket caps for romer switches, and they feel awful. DON'T BUY THIS

I wouldn't recommend getting topre as a first"mechanical" keyboard tbh. It's expensive, there are little customization options and you might end up not liking Topre (I love it tbh) Also I think there's still no tkl version of the rgb.

So I'd go with the tkl Ducky.

Btw, abs caps can be good or bad, if it's thick doubleshotted abs it will feel better than thin lasered pbt. The issue is that most abs caps they use are shit thin pad-printed abs, so they feel awful and get their legends removed with little use, like the ones that CM used before (right now they use thick lasered pbt for the non-rgb and dual-shotted abs for the rgb ones)

Pretty sure I'm getting the Ducky One TKL, if it was wireless it would basically be perfect. Can't justify the Filco being $50 just for the wireless when it has no backlight and ABS caps. Are red switches the best for playing games on?

TikeMyson

I'm thinking about buying a new mechanical keyboard, but I don't really know which one. At the moment I have a Steelseries 6Gv2. I like it, but it is a pretty too basic.

Right now I'm thinking about the following:

- Corsair K70 Lux RGB
- HyperX Alloy FPS
- Razer BlackWidow (X) Chroma
- Logitech G910

Ranked from favorite to least favorite. The Steelseries has Cherry MX blacks, but after some trying I like the red ones more. So I'd buy the Corsair and the HyperX with MX reds. I also like the feeling of the razer green ones. Never tried Romer-G, but considering the postings before they are a no-go.

Aerocrane

Pretty sure I'm getting the Ducky One TKL, if it was wireless it would basically be perfect. Can't justify the Filco being $50 just for the wireless when it has no backlight and ABS caps. Are red switches the best for playing games on?

Red switches are marketed as being the best for gaming by western companies, while in Asia blue switches are marketed as the gaming switch. Really, the best switch for gaming is the one you like. You should try going to a electronics retailer near you to try some mechanical keyboards, the large gaming brands are usually well represented with some demo units.

kami_sama

Not really, I think the only switches that are better objectively are the silent ones. They are a little mushy compared to the usual red and black switches, but the silent-ness is worth it.

I personally have Gateron Yellows and Browns, Topre 45g, Oetemu Blues, and Kaihl Speed copper and gatiostoles (a mix of a aristotles switch and a gateron one) without a board to put them in. Best one is topre, worst one is between Oetemu Blues and Gateron Browns.

But in the end, it's a personal preference, so like Aerocrane said, if you can try them out before you buy.

I'm thinking about buying a new mechanical keyboard, but I don't really know which one. At the moment I have a Steelseries 6Gv2. I like it, but it is a pretty too basic.

Right now I'm thinking about the following:

- Corsair K70 Lux RGB
- HyperX Alloy FPS
- Razer BlackWidow (X) Chroma
- Logitech G910

Ranked from favorite to least favorite. The Steelseries has Cherry MX blacks, but after some trying I like the red ones more. So I'd buy the Corsair and the HyperX with MX reds. I also like the feeling of the razer green ones. Never tried Romer-G, but considering the postings before they are a no-go.

And what about CM keyboards? The Masterkeys Pro L is almost the same as the Corsair K70 and it has a standard layout, unlike the latter.

MoogleMan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QagBmwL6g5c

Review of iKBC/Vortex MF108, their premium version of their fullsized keyboard.

I'm really impressed with iKBC, I have their new Poker II as a 60% keyboard that I carry around, and that thing is a tank. TaeKeyboards (who lives in Australia) said it was 200 ASD, and around $160 in the US.

Just looking at Amazon, you can only buy the New Poker II (60%), C series (entry level keyboards) and F series (that's their mid tier line) in the U.S. right now.

https://www.amazon.com/IKBC/b/ref=w...=15850361011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=IKBC

The aluminum version is available too: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W5SBQNG/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I love my ikbc. I have the f108 rgb with mx browns. Build quality is stellar. None of the stabilized keys rattle, which is my biggest peeve with a mech kb. I really think ikbc offers the best value for the money right now.

Very fast for typical abs caps. On my strafe rgb, literally a few days of use and it was showing. On my code it took longer by a fair amount. Doubleshot textured (not smooth) finish abs keys seem to fare the best. My maxkeyboard blackbird has doubleshot abs textured keycaps like the ducky one and has yet to show any shining.
I've nailed it down to these, bear in mind I'm on a comfy couch setup:

Das 4 - Easily the best looking keyboard with he brushed metal top plate and oversized volume knob. USB 3.0 hub is also super handy. Downsides are non-detachable cable, weight and ABS caps. Das are now made in china, so keep that in mind. Quality control may not be as tight. Overpriced, IMHO.

Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 - The main reason I'm looking at this is for the wireless functionality. Again uses ABS caps and is the second most expensive of the bunch. No experience with this one.

Ducky One/Shine 6 - RGB backlight, PBT caps and detachable cable. Is there any point in getting the Shine if I don't really need the numpad? I have a ducky one with mx blues; very disappointed. The detachable cable it comes with is too short, the leds are off on mine (supposed to be blue, they're more like purple) and worst of all, the stabilized keys rattle. I love the case though, and other than the stabilized keys, build quality is great.

Logitech Pro TKL - Second best looking keyboard, beautiful RGB and detachable cable. Romer G caps is a big of an unknown for me. I like the design of this one a lot, but non standard switches (meaning no keycap replacements) and stabilized keys that rattle are deal breakers for me.

Topre RGB - Most expensive, never tried Topre keys. Same. I'd like to try this one someday.

Ducky is the default choice, but the Das 4 is still tempting.
Consider an ikbc. The mf108 rgb I have and use now is the best mechanical keyboard I've used. No detachable cable, but even for a living room setup that shouldn't be a dealbreaker; cables can be run fairly efficiently and out of the way. I run mine under the sofa to an end table with a usb hub for kb+mouse.
Any mx switch is good for gaming; they just have different properties. Try to get a switch tester if you can. I'm not crazy about reds. Browns are great, as are blues (again, IMHO). I'm cool with black switches too (heavier reds).

leng jai

How are the Masterkey Key Pro caps? They are double shot so that's a plus.

What's the easiest way to remove caps without damaging them? I don't have the actual tool me.

leng jai

The aluminum version is available too: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W5SBQNG/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I love my ikbc. I have the f108 rgb with mx browns. Build quality is stellar. None of the stabilized keys rattle, which is my biggest peeve with a mech kb. I really think ikbc offers the best value for the money right now.

Very fast for typical abs caps. On my strafe rgb, literally a few days of use and it was showing. On my code it took longer by a fair amount. Doubleshot textured (not smooth) finish abs keys seem to fare the best. My maxkeyboard blackbird has doubleshot abs textured keycaps like the ducky one and has yet to show any shining.

Consider an ikbc. The mf108 rgb I have and use now is the best mechanical keyboard I've used. No detachable cable, but even for a living room setup that shouldn't be a dealbreaker; cables can be run fairly efficiently and out of the way. I run mine under the sofa to an end table with a usb hub for kb+mouse.

Any mx switch is good for gaming; they just have different properties. Try to get a switch tester if you can. I'm not crazy about reds. Browns are great, as are blues (again, IMHO). I'm cool with black switches too (heavier reds).

That looks great, price doesn't concern me too much. I'm in Australia though and that seller doesn't ship here.

Renekton

Not really, I think the only switches that are better objectively are the silent ones. They are a little mushy compared to the usual red and black switches, but the silent-ness is worth it.
For silent switches, I think the Logitech Romer-G is better for having a tactile bump.

kami_sama

How are the Masterkey Key Pro caps? They are double shot so that's a plus.

What's the easiest way to remove caps without damaging them? I don't have the actual tool me.

They are abs for the black part and pom for the transparent one. The non-backligt models have pbt caps tho.
For taking out switches, they always give you a metal wire keycap puller.

For silent switches, I think the Logitech Romer-G is better for having a tactile bump.

But Romer-G doesn't have any replacement caps, so that's a -inf for me and for most users of mechanical keyboards.

leng jai

They are abs for the black part and pom for the transparent one. The non-backligt models have pbt caps tho.
For taking out switches, they always give you a metal wire keycap puller.

But Romer-G doesn't have any replacement caps, so that's a -inf for me and for most users of mechanical keyboards.

I've actually got an old beat up Das S lying around and I'm pretty sure they never came with the cap pullers. Can't remember what the caps were so I'll have to open it up.

kami_sama

I've actually got an old beat up Das S lying around and I'm pretty sure they never came with the cap pullers. Can't remember what the caps were so I'll have to open it up.

Really? Well, at least my Novatouch came with one more or less like this:
s-l300.jpg

So that's what you should be looking for to be able to change your keycaps.

Wonder if anyone here can help me. I am looking for a mechanical keyboard with quieter buttons (so black or reds I guess?) and no number pad as I need it smaller to fit on the desk I use. Most the ones I find have US layouts and I need UK.

Any suggestions?

kami_sama

Wonder if anyone here can help me. I am looking for a mechanical keyboard with quieter buttons (so black or reds I guess?) and no number pad as I need it smaller to fit on the desk I use. Most the ones I find have US layouts and I need UK.

Any suggestions?

Reds, Blacks and Browns are more or less the same at least in sound. If you want really silent switches, there's the silent switches, but only company that does have them is Corsair and their keyboards are not recommended.
If you don't mind having brown switches, CM Masterkeys Pro S is what you're looking for. Haven't been able to find one with red switches on the uk, all I've found have brown ones.

Reds, Blacks and Browns are more or less the same at least in sound. If you want really silent switches, there's the silent switches, but only company that does have them is Corsair and their keyboards are not recommended.
If you don't mind having brown switches, CM Masterkeys Pro S is what you're looking for. Haven't been able to find one with red switches on the uk, all I've found have brown ones.

As long as its not super clacky lke blues I dont mind. I will see if I can find that one and have a look thanks.

edit
They have that on amazon but Im not sure I want all the lights crap on it lol. Are there cheaper options without lights?

Found a different one with blacks for £59.99 that I am gonna try out. its even smaller so suits my needs with that regards.

Aerocrane

Any suggestions?

The Keyboard Company have a listing for tenkeyless Filco Majestouch 2 with MX Silent switches in UK layout. It's due for release on August 31st according to their website:
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/...ss-nkr-silent-soft-linear-action-keyboard.asp

Frankly, I think Filco's keyboards are overpriced for what they offer, but it would fit your needs.

Tekniqs

I am looking for a mechanical keyboard in Canada.
- Under $125
- Reds or Browns
- RGB Preferred
- Detachable Cable

Is there anything good out there that meets those specs or is everything there crap and I am better off dropping the RGB?
You can try the MK disco. I bought one to complement my cherry brown fc750r which I mostly use for gaming. Bought the blue switch (forgot what brand cuz it's not cherry mx) MK disco for when I need to do paperwork for my job. I believe I bought it for $120 but I don't know how much shipping will be to Canada.

Macnair

Think I will get an Ikbc board. The MF87 is the same, just TKL right?

Now I just need to decide between blue/red/brown.

Edit: does the MF108/87 have a detachable cable or not? Seeing conflicting reports.

Both have removable micro usb cables and yes MF87 is the TKL version.

Makikou

Any mech. keyboard cleaning tips available here? I have a Ducky Shine 5 and i'd really like to clean it since I can all kinds of nasty filth rolling inside it.

Edit: No it's not bad hygiene, theres just hair and stuff..

pmj

Any mech. keyboard cleaning tips available here? I have a Ducky Shine 5 and i'd really like to clean it since I can all kinds of nasty filth rolling inside it.

Pull the keycaps off and clean the inside with a cloth. You may want to take a picture of the keyboard first to make it easier to put the caps back on. Take the opportunity to clean the keycaps in water. Assemble when dry.

Monoprice has their D20 RGB keyboard with either Cherry blues or browns for $45 right now if anyone is interested. I got one with browns. My first mechanical keyboard! Seemed like a good jumping in point for me.

Monoprice has their D20 RGB keyboard with either Cherry blues or browns for $45 right now if anyone is interested. I got one with browns. My first mechanical keyboard! Seemed like a good jumping in point for me.

That's a good deal. The keycap font looks terrible, but you can always replace them.

Tripon

Hey guys, I never had a mechanical keyboard and was looking into getting one. So due to my budget and from asking some friends, I have come to these two. Corsair STRAFE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Red LED, Cherry MX Red and MechanicalEagle Z-88 with Blue Switches DIY. I am still open to any suggestions as long as its ~$100.
lower price would be better if possible :)
What do you guys think?
Do you need backlighting in your keyboard or not? Reds and blues feel differently. Do you need to feel pushback or are you okay with no feedback?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I never had a mechanical keyboard and was looking into getting one. So due to my budget and from asking some friends, I have come to these two. Corsair STRAFE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Red LED, Cherry MX Red and MechanicalEagle Z-88 with Blue Switches DIY. I am still open to any suggestions as long as its ~$100.
lower price would be better if possible :)
What do you guys think?

Make sure you know what kind of switch you want, since reds and blues are very different.

The Corsair doesn't have a standard bottom row, if you ever want to change the keycaps later that could cause problems.

Those blue switches aren't Cherry. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's worth pointing out. Cherry switches generally cost a bit more and are generally considered more consistent/reliable, but some people prefer the feel of "clone" switches like the ones in that MechanicalEagle keyboard. If cost is a big factor looking for a keyboard with Gateron or Outemu switches instead of Cherry might be an option for you.

Slide the sticky side of a post it between the rows of keys of your keyboard

Do you need backlighting in your keyboard or not? Reds and blues feel differently. Do you need to feel pushback or are you okay with no feedback?
I would prob like backlighting. I am going to my locak best buy to check out the mechanical keyboards that are on display.

Make sure you know what kind of switch you want, since reds and blues are very different.

The Corsair doesn't have a standard bottom row, if you ever want to change the keycaps later that could cause problems.

Those blue switches aren't Cherry. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's worth pointing out. Cherry switches generally cost a bit more and are generally considered more consistent/reliable, but some people prefer the feel of "clone" switches like the ones in that MechanicalEagle keyboard. If cost is a big factor looking for a keyboard with Gateron or Outemu switches instead of Cherry might be an option for you.
O gotcha, thanks for mentioning those. I will look into them. If i would want to change my keycap, is there something I should be on the lookout for?

noomi

I love my ducky shine 3 very dearly but....

....now that I've been spoiled by the logitech g900 and it's it's super awesome 3366 sensor which made a wireless mouse a completely viable option for competitive gaming; I need to have a wireless mechanical keyboard with brown switches in my life.

Is this even a thing? A good mechanical keyboard gaming that can be wireless?

I want that chord off my desk.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I would prob like backlighting. I am going to my locak best buy to check out the mechanical keyboards that are on display.

O gotcha, thanks for mentioning those. I will look into them. If i would want to change my keycap, is there something I should be on the lookout for?

Cherry and Cherry clone switches have tons of keycaps available. Most keyboards that aren't Logitechs and Corsairs use standard layouts that are easy to get keycap sets for.

Top Bottom