• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just curious if anyone had any experiences with them. Haha they were brought up earlier this evening in another thread.
"curious"

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

"they were brought up"

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

"another thread"

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Alrus

Not sure I'm seeing this right but he has that terrible type of mustache that I don't remember how it's called and it's really blegh. It's like, onset of puberty stache...

Kevyt

Thanks and Tera is Free 2 Play now so you could just download and try it :p

Wow I'm really digging the combat and the gameplay of Tera! It looks more action-oriented. I hate turn based MMO's or "spam click to attack" kind of MMO's (*cough* Final Fantasy *cough*).

I just want an MMO with a combat style to Soulsborne or Dragon's Dogma.

Tera reminds me of Kingdoms of Amalur. I think this might be the MMO I've been looking for. I was all excited reading about an LGBT server, only to find peeps were talking about the Final Fantasy MMO.

Looks amazing.

TERA-Rising-Arkai_mask.gif

Kevyt

Yasss Archer (bow and arrow) gameplay done right in an MMO! Yasss!!!

giphy.gif

I just love attacking enemies from a distance and the satisfaction of using a bow. Few games get this mechanic right. I loved Dragon's Dogma for that reason. Even the Soul's series messes up with the bow and ranged combat.

Few games get this right.

Edit: "Happy Cloud has detected your PC might not be able to run Tera, you can still try anyway."

Ron-Burgundy-Stare-and-Nod.gif

lol

DOWN

Banned
I just find moaning weird in general, like what is the point even.
I'm imagining silent sex with staring, some soft rustling of sheets, and a creak or two from the bed.

0/10 awkward hell, would request some verbal feedback

Yeah, the LGBT community is pretty extensive on Gilgamesh. One of the most successful free companies on the server is an LGBT-friendly one called MagiTaint Mayhem with 500ish members. They were the first ones on the server to purchase a house when housing first arrived in the game. I'm part of a different free company called The Sacred Band, which has a really friendly group of people. It's moderately sized which is more my flavor. Easier to carve out an identity for yourself in a smaller, more focused crowd.

Occasionally you'll have people arguing about "the evil gays" in Idyllshire, but that's pretty infrequent. The server as a whole is very LGBT friendly which is why I've stuck around.

I'm actually considering making the switch to Gilgamesh myself, actually.. X_X. I'm sort of done with Leviathan, and the FC I'm apart of. X_X!

Yup! I'll take some screens when I get home (in a couple of hours)

I got a little carried away and made a collage

The bottom screenshots have my two friends that I play with - you can't really see it, but they have the red band too.

Since FFXIV talk is happening, screenshot time!

That screenshot with the light behind your character really fits the monk motif.

Here's a couple quick screenshots of my toon! :)

Bondage, nice!

edit:

Black Desert looks like it has that (like Dragon's Dogma at least), but who knows if it is ever coming to the west. It also has one of the most incredible character creation kits I've seen (even moreso than DD imo).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZBZlAq2S6c

Kevyt

Black Desert looks like it has that (like Dragon's Dogma at least), but who knows if it is ever coming to the west. It also has one of the most incredible character creation kits I've seen (even moreso than DD imo).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZBZlAq2S6c

Sweetbabyjesus.gif

Dat combat and those particle effects! Dat Archer gameplay...

It says in the video description that there will be a beta for NA and Europe. Maybe it is coming to NA and Europe. I'll keep an open eye for this one!

PS4 version will come too!! Weee~

Sweetbabyjesus.gif

Dat combat and those particle effects! Dat Archer gameplay...

It says in the video description that there will be a beta for NA and Europe. Maybe it is coming to NA and Europe. I'll keep an open eye for this one!

YAS! I was gonna tell you about the archer, since you linked that vid of Tera, but I'd figure you would find it. ;)

Those particle effects are great - top tier work!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wow I'm really digging the combat and the gameplay of Tera! It looks more action-oriented. I hate turn based MMO's or "spam click to attack" kind of MMO's (*cough* Final Fantasy *cough*).

Tera reminds me of Kingdoms of Amalur. I think this might be the MMO I've been looking for. I was all excited reading about an LGBT server, only to find peeps were talking about the Final Fantasy MMO.

Looks amazing.

TERA-Rising-Arkai_mask.gif

Well Tera combat is super actiony but still has cooldowns and some other things from other MMOs but its extremely fun. I always try playing with people cause I like tanking with people. My main character is actually an archer and her moveset is amazing. A lot of people are ignoring the archers since the gunners were added since those are OP and do lots of crowd control. You can PM me and ask me stuff of the game if you like.

Vazra

Anyone who doesn't use Natalia should give this song a twirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cnD_efmM6s

So good. Too bad it got trolled to death after she made those comments on X Factor or whatever.

Now she changed her name (for like the 10th time) to Teddy Sinclair and releasing an album with a band with Interscope records and after that she plans going indie. Trouble is a really good album that simply didnt get any kind of marketing push from the label which is not that new coming from a label that wasted tons of money on Artpop promo that year. Im honest and say Natalia Kills first album is very hit or miss and most of the production didnt age well. I do enjoy Free, Mirrors, Kill My Boyfriend and Heaven with occasional plays of other tracks.
QuCPxMa.gif

Vazra

Yes! Trouble is so underrated. I live for Television, Saturday Night, Daddy's Girl, and Trouble. Although the entire album is pretty good with only a few misses. Free, Kill My Boyfriend, Heaven, Acid Annie, Broke, and If I Was God are my faves on the first album. ARTPOP was so disappointing honestly, especially since I love Gaga. Sexxx Dreams, Applause, Do What U Want, Gypsy, and Dope are all I really use. I'm excited for more Natalia Kills or Teddy Sinclair or whatever she decides to change her name to next though.
QuCPxMa.gif

This song was leaked and we dont know if its from the new album or outtake from Trouble.
9d9d50a35f.png

JAD0uAU.gif

I wish we'd communicate through moans and sighs tbh

Hmmm, then we'd sound like we live in the Banjo-Kazooie universe... I'm for it!

like? even in sex?

Maybe sex is one of the few times it makes sense for me, I just don't get it why people do it while peeing, pooing, or standing up and sitting down. It's not like it feels good or anything

I'm imagining silent sex with staring, some soft rustling of sheets, and a creak or two from the bed.

0/10 awkward hell, would request some verbal feedback

Put on some music yo.

Anyone who doesn't use Natalia should give this song a twirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cnD_efmM6s

So good. Too bad it got trolled to death after she made those comments on X Factor or whatever.

How dare she copy Cleopatra, I am disgusted!

Spyware

Oh TERA. I wish I could get past the character design because I like everything else.. but it's just too off-putting.
I'll stick to my lovely GW2 instead (it has a beast race with very little sexual dimorphism and a race that doesn't care about gender, wooh!)

There are flying mounts now! It's amazing if mounts are what you're really into :)!!
Oh I knoooooow! <3
My stable already includes Coeurl (omg <3<3<3), Fat Chocobo, Draught Chocobo, Voidal Resonator, Griffin and soon Twintania. But I can't uuuuse them!

Here's my fav character so far. I've tried out a bunch of different ones since I always just play to level 15 and then get stuck due to the need to pug dungeons :(

Dany

Banned
Maybe sex is one of the few times it makes sense for me, I just don't get it why people do it while peeing, pooing, or standing up and sitting down. It's not like it feels good or anything
I mean, I have probably sighed in relief at least once or twice holding in a poo or a pee. But it's the norm.

Bladenic

lmao at that nobody having to change her name after acting like a huge bitch on TV got her fired, cant blame her if she ever hoped to release another song. Not that anyone is checking for her music.

Razmos

I downloaded FFXIV and started the free trial.

I love the character customization, and that's good because that's literally all I could do for now D:

My laptop has been overheating a lot recently, and by the time I'd finished with character creation my laptop was so hot I thought it was going to set my wooden table on fire :p
I ordered a USB notebook cooler so hopefully I'll be able to play soonish, the game looks promising though, everything ran super smoothly (the cutscenes, the character creation, the menus are quite pretty) so I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

I chose to be a lancer for my test character.

B-Dex

ANTM is dead to me after the last cycle, where that majestic unicorn Will Jardell lost to the dullest, safest contestant ever (who—*mysterious coincidence*—Tyra obviously fancied). Fuck all that noise tbh.

I don't really watch to see who wins. I watch for the eye candy. So Justin better stay the whole season tbh.

Kater

Banned
I downloaded FFXIV and started the free trial.

I love the character customization, and that's good because that's literally all I could do for now D:

My laptop has been overheating a lot recently, and by the time I'd finished with character creation my laptop was so hot I thought it was going to set my wooden table on fire :p
I ordered a USB notebook cooler so hopefully I'll be able to play soonish, the game looks promising though, everything ran super smoothly (the cutscenes, the character creation, the menus are quite pretty) so I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

I chose to be a lancer for my test character.
Let's hope but from my own experience it doesn't sufficiently cool the PC. If you could play games of the scale of a FFXIV before but now can't, maybe the problem is that the fans don't work that well anymore. Or maybe something else went wrong.

Symphonia

Banned
It's basically WoW in a Final Fantasy skin. There are some differences, of course, but it's still very much WoW-inspired.
See, I was always more of a Guild Wars guy, and still am. I tried WoW a couple of times, but just couldn't get in to it. I'm not disputing the games popularity, of course, it just wasn't to my liking. As I mainly play games on PS4, is there a way to trial FFXIV without forking over £45?

Meicyn

Gold Member
I'm actually considering making the switch to Gilgamesh myself, actually.. X_X. I'm sort of done with Leviathan, and the FC I'm apart of. X_X!
Well, if you do, there are two GAF members that can hook you up with LGBT friendly free companies on the server. Just let us know!

That screenshot with the light behind your character really fits the monk motif.
It really felt like the perfect moment to take a screenshot. It was during one of the postmoogle quest completion cutscenes.

The red stripe looks great on your character. The whole look is great, has that warrior princess vibe to it.

See, I was always more of a Guild Wars guy, and still am. I tried WoW a couple of times, but just couldn't get in to it. I'm not disputing the games popularity, of course, it just wasn't to my liking. As I mainly play games on PS4, is there a way to trial FFXIV without forking over £45?
There isn't. Best option is to try it out on PC, then buy it on PS4 if you're into it. I can say I much prefer playing it on gamepad/keyboard vs mouse/keyboard.

Here's my fav character so far. I've tried out a bunch of different ones since I always just play to level 15 and then get stuck due to the need to pug dungeons :(
I actually loooove that character.. it looks so unique!! :O!! Amazing!

Well, if you do, there are two GAF members that can hook you up with LGBT friendly free companies on the server. Just let us know!

For reals?! That would be okay?!

That would honestly be awesome :). I've been seriously thinking about it lately, so I'll definitely let you know if that's okay <3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom