• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocle

Hmm, looks like I'll have to make a Best Hunks of 2015 post. Just give me a bit to gather my material...

I wish I could post the Warwick Rowers, but I feel like that would be pushing it. Just Google them I guess. NSFW (assuming your workplace discourages you from looking at cute naked athletes for some reason), but totally wholesome.

Haha sure! I think of art training like exercise. No one in their right mind would try to run a marathon without training. They would spend months prior to the marathon, running a little bit more each day - eventually running even longer than a marathon so they are absolutely prepared for it when it happens. Each time the runner runs, the training isn't a comparison of the marathon, it's part of a larger supplemental program which ends in the marathon.
With art, the practice shouldn't be compared to a "finished" work. Finished works are like marathons and they require an extensive program leading up to it. The work in artwork is training your mind and your body to react intuitively to the piece, where creating it is a second nature relying on all the previous work that has lead to it.

In this way you have to ignore what you're doing it becomes conditioned and effortless. THEN the real painting begins.
Great advice. If anyone here wants to become an artist, save this post.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Someone explain to me the capitalization of T's at the end of sentences in a popgaf context.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

ThanksT
6bed28173a.gif

DOWN

Banned
The new guy said that he wanted to know if the woman stared just at him or if she was psychotic and would give anyone who looked an intense stare. He didn't seem to realize he is just really good looking.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
kingdom hearts 3 news tomorrow! i hope they unveil a new (NEW) disney world - Jungle Book or Treasure Planet plx.
itll probably be frozen though

VegiHam

kingdom hearts 3 news tomorrow! i hope they unveil a new (NEW) disney world - Jungle Book or Treasure Planet plx.
itll probably be frozen though

I expect Frozen. And Star Wars.

I want earthbound Lilo and Stich and The Princess and the Frog

I really want Mulan, Bolt and the Emperor's New Groove, but none of them will ever happen. Treasure planet would be really cool but it is hopeless :(

Razmos

There was already a Mulan world VegiHam, and it was awesome.

I'm hoping for a Lilo and Stitch world. The one in Birth by Sleep seemed like a prequel for the actual world to show up later

VegiHam

There was already a Mulan world VegiHam, and it was awesome.

I'm hoping for a Lilo and Stitch world. The one in Birth by Sleep seemed like a prequel for the actual world to show up later

It was! I got my names mixed up, I meant Pocahontas. "They're not like you and me. That means they must be evil!"

Yeah, Space was fun and all but I want to go to Hawaii and see Lilo herself!

VegiHam

Why would it be a licensing nightmare? Square Enix have been given the rights by Disney. Disney own Wreck-It Ralph. If they don't add a world based on Wreck-It Ralph, or at least add a cameo by Ralph and/or Felix, I'll be surprised.

All the videogame dudes. You'd have to negotiate with Sega, Capcom, Nintendo. Cus If you just use Felix, Ralph and friends people might be disappointed.

That said I could see a world focused on Sugar Rush (as a driving minigame maybe), or Ralph as a summon.

Symphonia

Banned
All the videogame dudes. You'd have to negotiate with Sega, Capcom, Nintendo. Cus If you just use Felix, Ralph and friends people might be disappointed.

That said I could see a world focused on Sugar Rush (as a driving minigame maybe), or Ralph as a summon.
Well, I obviously don't expect them to use Sonic, Q-Bert, etc, but there's nothing stopping them using the arcade, train station, and Candy Land as levels/minigames in-game, with Ralph, Felix, Venelope, etc as characters/summons.

Golnei

That said I could see a world focused on Sugar Rush (as a driving minigame maybe)

That seems the most likely option, especially since the games usually only adapt a few of each movie's settings. Though they could also get away with using non-FF Square Enix characters in place of those owned by other companies, 3D's TWEWY cameos seem to show they're open to including them.

So my grandfather died a couple days ago, and today is the funeral... in just a few hours. I'm feeling a lot of mixed emotions right now. I really dread the funeral because while I haven't actually cried after hearing the news, I'm afraid I will there... when others start crying or when it hits me. I haven't been in the best place emotionally the past few months anyways (depression), so I feel fairly fragile right now. And I really don't like crying in front of other people. It also doesn't help that I'm pretty distant from my dad's side of the family (due to them being incredibly religious/conservative/rednecks), and I haven't seen most of them in well over 5 years. I dread seeing them all. I just want it to be over.

daripad

SoraanTribal, I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Cry all you need, you don't have to worry about other people, this is your grandfather you're talking about. I've been there and not being able to cry is more frustrating than doing it.

SoraanTribal, I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Cry all you need, you don't have to worry about other people, this is your grandfather you're talking about. I've been there and not being able to cry is more frustrating than doing it.

Thanks, dari. I don't mind crying in general - it can be helpful sometimes in releasing frustration or just being sad, but... I just hate crying in front of others. Makes me feel so vulnerable and exposed. I know everyone feels like that, and I shouldn't worry about it. I think I'm just going to try to hold it in as best I can during the funeral.

Golnei

Thanks, dari. I don't mind crying in general - it can be helpful sometimes in releasing frustration or just being sad, but... I just hate crying in front of others. Makes me feel so vulnerable and exposed. I know everyone feels like that, and I shouldn't worry about it. I think I'm just going to try to hold it in as best I can during the funeral.

Try to, if that helps you; but like daripad said; it's often much more draining to hold it in. I hope you get through all of this okay, regardless.

i cant draw sry. i can try painting you tho

Good. Lets do this.

So my grandfather died a couple days ago, and today is the funeral... in just a few hours. I'm feeling a lot of mixed emotions right now. I really dread the funeral because while I haven't actually cried after hearing the news, I'm afraid I will there... when others start crying or when it hits me. I haven't been in the best place emotionally the past few months anyways (depression), so I feel fairly fragile right now. And I really don't like crying in front of other people. It also doesn't help that I'm pretty distant from my dad's side of the family (due to them being incredibly religious/conservative/rednecks), and I haven't seen most of them in well over 5 years. I dread seeing them all. I just want it to be over.

Theres no shame in crying at a funeral so dont feel bad. It doesnt help that Western funerals say they are supposed to celebrate and honor the lives of those who have died and then design the whole ritual to be as depressing as possible. Just try to remember everyone is going to be dealing with their own grief that theyre not going to be thinking about you. Youre not there to ask anything of them so dont worry about any of them.

I always try to go into funerals trying to disassociate the ritual of funerals from the actual death. Western funerals are so depressing that its hard not to be affected by it. The soft morose music, the displaying of the body and all the religious trappings are just noise that I have to block out. The body is just that. A body. Were born knowing one day we will die. Everything that was your grandfather is gone, but everything important he did, the memories of his life are still with those that knew him.

When the priest starts reading from the bible I tend to get emotional. Im not religioys and Im not sure why I do get worked up. But if you were able to read my thoughts furing those times youd hear me reciting the Greek alphabet, thinking about my grocery list or anything else to remove me from where I currently am.

When you get home you can mourn in your own way. Thats when everyone really does. The people closest to him probably havent had it hit them yet. Theyve been busy dealing with the funeral. But once everyones left the wake and theyre alone with their own grief, they will start the mourning process.

Sai-kun

Banned

i dunno dude. i can appreciate that you're shy about crying, and there's nothing wrong with that ultimately, but seriously, let me reassure you that nobody is going to think you're weird or anything for doing it at a funeral of all places. i've been to 3 of them in the past year and all were pretty heartwrenching, despite only one of them actually being family (a great aunt). i wept like a baby at all three.

that said, if you don't cry/force yourself to not cry there, it's okay as well. like escape goat said, everyone deals with their grief in their own ways, and each way is totally valid.

Hey Soraan, go ahead and do whatever you need to do to grieve. Forget that anyone else is looking or is even watching you. Because chances are they don't care that you're crying or whatever.
If it's what feels right at the time, just let it all out.
Or don't. That's OK too.

I'm sorry for you loss though. :(

Razmos

I really don't get people who are too proud to cry, especially at funerals of all places. It's not like you are going to be sobbing or weeping or anything.

Symphonia

Banned
I really don't get people who are too proud to cry, especially at funerals of all places. It's not like you are going to be sobbing or weeping or anything.
I have cried twice in my life. Once when I was seven and I was hit by a school bus. And then again when I heard that Li'l Sebastian had passed.

I'm so sorry about your loss Soraan :(. Stay strong. We're here for you.

So did everyone remember to buy ARTPOP on iTunes or are y'all still fucking around?

Paid for ARTPOP. Paid for artRAVE. No regrets :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom