• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
what kind of art do you all have in your rooms/houses

Ooh a fun question! Here are the most notable items:

Downstairs

A grandfather clock my husband bought for us (the swirly design makes little hearts d'aww):
augustine.jpg

I have a LE print of Beksinski's Nevermore:

And a giclee print of St. Eulalia by JW Waterhouse:

Stuff like this statue and this mask:
e25979f53b4150a31064adce0ca01211.jpg

p11800_2a_400.jpg

Upstairs

I have a bunch of butterflies and beetles in shadowboxes, similar to this:
il_170x135.804340646_nrc1.jpg

A super neat Garuda mask:
p3288_2a_400.jpg

A giclee print of The Young Martyr (cropped) by Paul Delaroche:
the-young-martyr-L.jpg

And this guy which I love - Hail Satan!
hail_satan.jpg

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Nothing at the moment, but previously French cat posters and an Andy Warhol-esque rubber ducky piece. If you'll count them as "soft sculptures," I also have a stuffed animal collection that is on display.

These were college room decorations, so maybe I'll develop taste when I officially become an adult.

Spyware

I haven't had the energy to fix anything since we moved here last year, but I have some stuff I plan to decorate with... someday.
These are already framed but I dunno exactly where I want them:
This Guild Wars picture as a signed lithograph.
The three posters from Bioshock 2 Special Edition.

These are not yet framed because it is expensive and I don't have the money :(
10th Anniversary Firefly poster
These three by Simon Stålenhag
"Septemberjägare" for the bedroom
"För guds skull, spela aldrig melodin nere vid alkärren." for the kitchen
"Gaussfraktarna" for the living room

Remilia shall stay on the League of Legends team in 2016. And shall be the 1st (trans) woman to play as a starter for a pro team in League. 2nd female (i believe) to be on a pro team (the first was colalin for Taipei Assassins in 2012 and only played in a show match once)

Razmos

Woo, my brother is away all weekend and he's letting me use his super-duper gaming computer to try out FFXIV while I wait for my laptop cooler to arrive.

Dis is gonna be good! (i hope)

Woo, my brother is away all weekend and he's letting me use his super-duper gaming computer to try out FFXIV while I wait for my laptop cooler to arrive.

Dis is gonna be good! (i hope)
Yay!! I hope you like it! :3 know what you wanna try playing as yet? :)

VegiHam

ALL The Marvel Men are lovely tbf. Hemsworth is most to my personal taste but they're all great.

I live in student housing so we aren't allowed to decorate the walls, but I found space for a painting of Venice I quite like!

Symphonia

Banned
I live in student housing so we aren't allowed to decorate the walls, but I found space for a painting of Venice I quite like!
That's one of the downsides to student housing. You in halls or found accomodation elsewhere? The house I shared was a private accomodation one, not too dissimilar to the one on Fresh Meat, minus the manequin and Jack Whitehall. We weren't allowed more than two posters on the wall, or any obscenities anywhere. Still, the landlord was pretty good when it came to allowing us to throw parties.

Man, I miss uni.

Yrael

And Tom Hiddleston (...really?) looks only slightly less like an alien than Benedict Cumberbatch. Two can play at that game, friend.

u wot m8

tom_hiddleston_high-rise.jpg

Tom-Hiddleston-tom-hiddleston-25151790-500-333.jpg

RatskyWatsky said:

A few of my own paintings are on the walls of my rooms, as well as some metal wall sculptures of dolphins near the front door (I can't remember where they're from). In the main living area is a triptych of colourful human silhouettes with splashes of paint (looks a bit weird).

VegiHam

That's one of the downsides to student housing. You in halls or found accomodation elsewhere? The house I shared was a private accomodation one, not too dissimilar to the one on Fresh Meat, minus the manequin and Jack Whitehall. We weren't allowed more than two posters on the wall, or any obscenities anywhere. Still, the landlord was pretty good when it came to allowing us to throw parties.

Man, I miss uni.

I'm on my second private rental, but it's through a student letting company unaffiliated with the university. In halls we were allowed posters but everywhere since has forbidden that. My place last year was like Fresh Meat, but I've gone smaller this time. No Jack Whitehall here either though.

Razmos

Yay!! I hope you like it! :3 know what you wanna try playing as yet? :)
I've started playing as a Lancer and it seems good so far. I've gotta admit the "MMO-ness" of it got tiring pretty quickly. Like there's just fetch quests and monster hunting and all that stuff.
I'm about to hit level 10 and there's just not much plot yet, nor is there anything really "Final Fantasy" about it other than the Moogles, Chocobos and a few familiar monsters, it's a surprisingly slow start. There are a couple of neat little things that remind me of Final Fantasy 12 though, like the teleport crystals, the area transitions, the lines that show who is attacking who ect.

I'll keep going, but I'm really glad this is just a free trial.

Started watching Sense8. mmm, the entire male cast - yes please. Unexpected full frontal nudity shot of one of the characters, too. I knew that guy looked familiar too (no, not THAT, lol). He was in that gay movie "Free Fall" or whatever.

Started watching Sense8. mmm, the entire male cast - yes please. Unexpected full frontal nudity shot of one of the characters, too. I knew that guy looked familiar too (no, not THAT, lol). He was in that gay movie "Free Fall" or whatever.

Free Fall was hot. I didnt know it was him though.

alvmew

Hahaha I'd feel weird giving friends an autograph! I can give you a CD tho or something!! LOL! :) I'm there from the 19th - 24th!

Haha, I'll take it.

Really though, if you have the time while you're here, I'd love to say hi at least! Have yet to meet another Letters GAF-er in person like it seems a decent number of you have lol

DOWN

Banned
The new guy at work leaned in and whispered all low and determined in my ear to look at some woman's eyes. I didnt see so I don't know if they were weird or nice eyes, but my god he got my attention.

erLMWC7.gif

Haha, I'll take it.

Really though, if you have the time while you're here, I'd love to say hi at least! Have yet to meet another Letters GAF-er in person like it seems a decent number of you have lol

I'll definitely have the time I think! I'll be on vacation so I don't have a massive schedule or anything! :)!

Don't worry, I haven't met any Letters GAF-ers in person either!!

Altho i think B-Dex and I are from the same city if I remember right LOL!

Mind expanding on that last bit? :3

Haha sure! I think of art training like exercise. No one in their right mind would try to run a marathon without training. They would spend months prior to the marathon, running a little bit more each day - eventually running even longer than a marathon so they are absolutely prepared for it when it happens. Each time the runner runs, the training isn't a comparison of the marathon, it's part of a larger supplemental program which ends in the marathon.
With art, the practice shouldn't be compared to a "finished" work. Finished works are like marathons and they require an extensive program leading up to it. The work in artwork is training your mind and your body to react intuitively to the piece, where creating it is a second nature relying on all the previous work that has lead to it.

In this way you have to ignore what you're doing it becomes conditioned and effortless. THEN the real painting begins.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Haha sure! I think of art training like exercise. No one in their right mind would try to run a marathon without training. They would spend months prior to the marathon, running a little bit more each day - eventually running even longer than a marathon so they are absolutely prepared for it when it happens. Each time the runner runs, the training isn't a comparison of the marathon, it's part of a larger supplemental program which ends in the marathon.
With art, the practice shouldn't be compared to a "finished" work. Finished works are like marathons and they require an extensive program leading up to it. The work in artwork is training your mind and your body to react intuitively to the piece, where creating it is a second nature relying on all the previous work that has lead to it.

In this way you have to ignore what you're doing it becomes conditioned and effortless. THEN the real painting begins.

That makes a lot of sense and is actually super helpful! Thanks so much! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom