• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Shy Fingers

Banned
It looks like I'm headed to pride in DC this year. A buddy has offered a couch for me to crash on.

Having never been to any pride event... what should I be expecting?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It looks like I'm headed to pride in DC this year. A buddy has offered a couch for me to crash on.

Lots of shirtless guys, loud music, drinks and probably fun if you are ok with those things I mentioned and with a nice group of friends.

Elitist1945

.eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGIBClQJuQ5CgUSmBmvu43O733le941abOkT63AD2c2Yeu57CI9WiK3O9S-rn1JkfSCIpH09pMsEGQ0gYPRoTyVMwsNiwOrS0RmsdoXcIb7saf5rurarfHwcoIts.JAdfanYinLXIYpP5Xhe-FTWBJHs

thinking.gif

Reminds me of Grade 9 drama class when my friend did a monologue about a female loving her husband Richard (Dick). Teacher was no happy.

Goldrush

I don't think anyone know what to expect this year. Protests against Trump will probably push the whole thing to crazy levels.

Shy Fingers

Banned
Lots of shirtless guys, loud music, drinks and probably fun if you are ok with those things I mentioned and with a nice group of friends.

Avoided gay bars for years, ended up enjoying it and wondering why I hadn't start getting more involved in the community sooner. So while my brain is telling me no, I'm hoping I'm wrong again.

I don't think anyone know what to expect this year. Protests against Trump will probably push the whole thing to crazy levels.

Oh right! I didn't even think of that aspect. Should be interesting at least then.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm having a bad day.

At work there was a customer who turned abusive after wanting to buy things she had nowhere near enough money for, ordering me to remove a whole heap of items from her order and being confused about it all and ordering some of them back and accusing me of making mistakes when it was all her and telling me she doesn't trust me and she was lumping things in the scanning area where they could automatically rescan by accident and be added back to her order, and I'm having to write down the prices for each item she's changing her mind on, and a long queue is forming. Everyone in the long queue afterwards criticised her to me after and said that I handled her well. But it is still hugely frustrating even 10 hours later.

I got home and I got a letter from where I volunteer which was dated the 17th telling me that all volunteers need working with children checks by the 30th. I searched my emails and this was indeed the first time they contacted me for it. The 30th is tomorrow! And I work both these days and have other responsibilities. I go through everything to order one and then see that I don't have a specific form of photo ID they want. One photo ID they accept that I could get takes 20-25 business days to arrive. I'll send a message to this effect tomorrow and get that process started.

I don't even work with children!

And I seem to be getting a cold.

vdLE8dJ.gif

:(

sry argy

mDeHWLI.gif

Sorry to hear that Aarglefarg. Hope you had a better day today :/
Well it was better but an appointment with a job agency that is normally like 15 minutes was 90 minutes long since their computer system failed and didn't submit the thing they were working on that I had to sign when they were finished. So I will need to go again tomorrow afternoon after work for them to do it, and it was very cold and started raining a lot when I was walking home from it.

Two separate people in two different situations in the past two days have praised me for my patience!

Thanks Ratsky too! :)

OrionX

So I just started watching American Gods, partially because I heard there was some gay shit in it, and it's pretty good. Also the gay shit was really freaking good.

200w.gif

Crayons

Banned
Seems like your life is never boring
It always feels boring, though.
Chaotic Neutral option: fuck him, now he's equally responsible for the secrecy of your profile!
While I am a chaotic neutral person, I don't really want to put my new job (which I like) in jeopardy because of my penis. Now, if he says something to me first, then that's different.

I don't really care thaaat much if he were to tell people anyway

Kevyt

I will be living by myself for the first time in my entire existence on this Earth soon.

Also, I'm applying for a credit card!

I feel super old. I'm already thinking of my life post-retirement.

Asexuals are welcome it relates to sexuality in its own way.

We've also had individual threads for it in the past, but nothing lasting like a community thread I don't think.

Aah, shame. I'd seen there'd been a few threads on the topic in the past, but the replies weren't exactly generally understanding or tolerant. :/

Gibbs

Aah, shame. I'd seen there'd been a few threads on the topic in the past, but the replies weren't exactly generally understanding or tolerant. :/

Stick around, take your shoes off and enjoy yourself <3.

Everyone in here are extremely great and friendly. You'll fit in perfectly. We don't judge... Well I do, depending if you like cheesecake or not. =)

Elitist1945

One of my old managers is all over the news (wont state why to keep her life private), but its not good, and my days been shit and I feel really bad for her. Like she's such a nice woman.

Golnei

I'm assured that heterosexuals are by far the most direly persecuted group in modern America. We will never know the depths of their struggle.

Gibbs

Apparently the death dreams are back again. I had another, and when I awoke I went into panic mode and paced the floor. Blessed anxiety! I'm exhausted and need sleep.

Last time this happened it went on for a week.

mantidor

This and that other article that even got its own thread is just depressing, hits a bit close to home with my brother's situation, and even though I've overcome it I did have major depression and suicide thoughts, and I'm sadly not a stranger to binge drinking.

I wonder if this is just the transition of generations, and LGBT kids growing up now will have better, more adjusted lives. Some of us were damaged when we were too little and fixing it is really difficult if not outright impossible.

Vazduh

mantidor, WonderzL, sorry you're going through all that.

I could relate to the article as well, that's why I linked to it in hopes more people would read it. I don't have it as bad as you, but I have anxiety issues and also take meds for it. Also very much related to my struggles stemming from growing up/childhood/struggles with gay identity. Every day can be a struggle sometimes, but the most important thing is to just keep on keeping on, no matter the circumstances.

----------

Sense8 cancelled at Netflix.

I guess the ratings didn't justify the budget spent on the series, right?

mantidor

Sense8 cancelled at Netflix.

I guess the ratings didn't justify the budget spent on the series, right?

Oh thanks, do not worry currently I'm fantastic, years of therapy did help, I'm now even moving and getting a new job, my brother does concern me but I'm&#8203; hopeful. There is the drinking from time to time but I'm also trying to cut back from it. All that is missing now is a relationship heh.

As for sense8, I'm very sorry for the fans, but I really never could get into it, I'm still going to give it a try for season 2 once I get internet at home. I hope that Grace and Frankie survived though, a cancellation of that one would sadden me.

Vazduh

It cost 9 mil/episode which is 3 mil more than GoT, so doesn't surprise me, but it's still sad :(

mantidor, I hope the situation with your brother gets resolved somehow (and not in the negative way, of course!).

Top Bottom