• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

I thought I looked nice in my dress uniform :-D!

Hey s back from a almost 15 dat vacation ...ever need vacation from vacation

There was a story on one of those Dateline news programs the other night about a NYC cop who looked exactly like you and was also named Christopher, who was being investigated for insurance fraud. At first, I was all like, "Chris, nooo why" but I'm pretty sure it wasn't really you. :eek:

Imagine if we dressed as our avatars :D

giphy.gif

they are not ready.

SPESSMEHREN

Neo Member
Ask her if she knows if he's single or dating. Thats it. Then broach with him that you two have a mutual friend. And just see where it goes :)

:)

yeah that's what I've been thinking of doing. I've never actually introduced myself to him and I rarely see him so it just seems weird to ask her about him and to perhaps introduce us.

Caladrius

Still an improvement over the usual design.

I rather like Miku's V3 design. There's an assload of neat little details on it. if you look closely. http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130926085408/vocaloid/images/d/d0/MIKUV3_img1.png

That said the correct tier list is (taking Voice into account) Rin/Len = Luka > Miku > Meiko = Kaito

That said, I like all of them.

New avatar, bow down before your dragon god.

I refuse to believe that Toothless is not part-cat.

Christopher

There was a story on one of those Dateline news programs the other night about a NYC cop who looked exactly like you and was also named Christopher, who was being investigated for insurance fraud. At first, I was all like, "Chris, nooo why" but I'm pretty sure it wasn't really you. :eek:

Nope lol I wouldnt know where to start on that lol

HeySeuss

Can I ask a somewhat ignorant question without getting people upset? I don't want to cause any problems it's a legitimate curiosity of mine and it may be specific to my job field.

HeySeuss

go right ahead.

Ok. I work as a police officer and we have a high population of lesbian officers. Whenever they get really upset, usually toward each other, but sometimes to the male officers, they throw out the fa**ot word as an insult. Is this a common thing? I always viewed that as a very offensive slur akin almost to a racist slur.

I've heard no less than 7 officers freely use it frequently and just wondered if it was a common thing or not.

Ok. I work as a police officer and we have a high population of lesbian officers. Whenever they get really upset, usually toward each other, but sometimes to the male officers, they throw out the fa**ot word as an insult. Is this a common thing? I always viewed that as a very offensive slur akin almost to a racist slur.

I've heard no less than 7 officers freely use it frequently and just wondered if it was a common thing or not.

I use the "F" word daily with my friends.

Grakl

I've done this plenty of times lol

If a straight person did that though they'd be dead, just saying

idk if that's common but it's common for me though. then again i say shit everyone think is offensive.

HeySeuss

I've done this plenty of times lol

If a straight person did that though they'd be dead, just saying

Yeah I would never use it and have grounded my kid for saying it before. I just didn't know if it was common or maybe a way of trying to gain acceptance to the male officers or something. Good to know.

Really? That seems counterproductive... Lol

A lot of people just own the word, I know that's what I do. Sure, I'd be offended if a homophobe used the word against me as an insult but I see no problem in using the word myself, or even my straight friends using it simply because I know they aren't actually trying to offend me nor are they being mean or anything. Hell I know some people use the word as a self descriptor, and sometimes I even use it as a term of endearment when in a joking mood.

http://abload.de/img/img_0410n7snw.jpg

He's deep in thought. Don't disturb him.

i was going to say why did you give him candy. but it was just a scrap paper.

A lot of people just own the word, I know that's what I do. Sure, I'd be offended if a homophobe used the word against me as an insult but I see no problem in using the word myself, or even my straight friends using it simply because I know they aren't actually trying to offend me. Hell I know some people use the word as a self descriptor, and sometimes I even use it as a term of endearment when in a joking mood.

a word is a word to me. i don't really let it define or offend me. but i grew up weird lol.

RM8

a word is a word to me. i don't really let it define or offend me.
Same. I don't defend people who clearly want to insult someone, but personally, there's no word that makes me feel offended. My favorite slur is beaner. Granted, no one uses it here in Mexico, but whenever I encounter it online I'm like "yup, I like beans!".

alvmew

A lot of people just own the word, I know that's what I do. Sure, I'd be offended if a homophobe used the word against me as an insult but I see no problem in using the word myself, or even my straight friends using it simply because I know they aren't actually trying to offend me nor are they being mean or anything. Hell I know some people use the word as a self descriptor, and sometimes I even use it as a term of endearment when in a joking mood.

Same here. When I was younger, I started to use the word towards myself just to help get rid of the "sting" of other people using it (like desensitizing myself to it, I guess). So nowadays, I use the word both towards myself and in a joking way, but never to offend others, and I definitely don't let people use it around me in an offensive way. I have a few friends that still call things "gay" or "f*ggy" in jest, but I know what they mean. Other friends have even gone out of their way to get rid of those words from their vocabulary (or at least around me), so that's been cool too.

Kater

Banned
I don't like the f-word and stay away from people who use it (on everything "that [thing/person] is so gay, such a f**"). Simple.

VegiHam

Please do let me know because I'm curious on your impressions of it. :)
You're welcome! Give me your feedback once you started playing it! Though there's a lot to do in this game so you might not be able to put it down soon... :D
Okay guys! I've played for three hours now and this game totally rocks. Like both of you I'm not that busy with Halloween so I'm looking forward to playing it for the next week solid or so. I am a Magician with a pet dog and a Butterfly best friend and I'm already getting sidetracked by shiny distractions and quests and not bothering to progress the game properly. Haven't had a go at any other lives yet. Soraan the story so far would probably disappoint you, it's a really cliche sort of thing, with a kind and mysterious rocks and stuff; but it's saved by the well written characters. There's so much personality and freedom in the little bit of game I've played so far that I can't wait to get back to it.

RM8

Oh boy, I feel like this girl from my thesis classes has a thing for me :x She's been very polite and chatty, and she's coming to my office today... I shouldn't have mentioned where I work. Am I reading too much into it? We barely know each other.

Kater

Banned
You need to, they're both absolutely amazing.
I mean, it's fairly easy in the days of streaming to get to watch a particular movie but it's mostly me being always occupied with other things like at the moment Fantasy Life or whatever. I hope I can find some time for it someday. 😥

Oh boy, I feel like this girl from my thesis classes has a thing for me :x She's been very polite and chatty, and she's coming to my office today... I shouldn't have mentioned where I work. Am I reading too much into it? We barely know each other.
It's really annoying when girls hit on you even after they get to know that you are not into the other sex. Experienced that myself when living with a bunch of people. 😒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom