• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Blues1990

I just have a question:
Why do people think that Max is going to lose her time manipulation powers by the time Episode 5 comes to a close? It seemed more like her body can't handle her abilities, especially after pausing time had taking a bit of a toll on her.

Finished episode 3:

MAX WTF HAVE YOU DONE

I'm absolutely certain I erased the message on the answerphone about Chloe's truck, but it says that I didn't

Persona7

Banned
Finished episode 3:

MAX WTF HAVE YOU DONE

I'm absolutely certain I erased the message on the answerphone about Chloe's truck, but it says that I didn't

Did you rewind at any point and forget to re-do the decision? I've accidentally done that a few times lol

Midway through. After having a bit of time for it to settle, I'm really not a fan of the beginning, it's the first thing that has felt notably cheap in the game.
The way they give you a huge decision - one that is almost too massive and obvious - and then immediately cancel out of the entire situation felt like a massive cop-out. Really hoping there is at least some real consequence introduced for bailing out on all that.

Hope the rest of the ep picks up a bit.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Question. I had Episode 1 on my Xbox. I liked it a lot, I bought a pass that had 2-5 on PS4. But I can't seem to start the game. Will I need to buy episode 1 another time or something? (I download the episode but theres no icon to boot it up with).

What Hahaha. You buy them on different consoles?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Midway through. After having a bit of time for it to settle, I'm really not a fan of the beginning, it's the first thing that has felt notably cheap in the game.
The way they give you a huge decision - one that is almost too massive and obvious - and then immediately cancel out of the entire situation felt like a massive cop-out. Really hoping there is at least some real consequence introduced for bailing out on all that.

Which episode are you in now? And which part?

Jachaos

What do you mean by obvious?
The ratio was 51-49 when I finished the episode
. I did spend a few minutes looking at the screen and weighing the situation.

TripOpt55

What a crazy episode! Awesome, sad and super dark. Man I love this game. The wait for the next episode is going to kill me.

Does anyone have a picture of the percentages for the choices this episode? They wouldn't load up when I finished the game tonight and I'm curious what the majority of people chose to do this time.

Choomp

Banned
I just have a question:
Why do people think that Max is going to lose her time manipulation powers by the time Episode 5 comes to a close? It seemed more like her body can't handle her abilities, especially after pausing time had taking a bit of a toll on her.

No actual reason judging by what's happened so far, I think it's about closure with this theory, and would force Max into a dramatic sacrifice to end it. I think it also leaves open possibility for some sort of timeline rigmarole at the end, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw someone else with time powers or something.

Blues1990

The best and definitely the darkest episode. I'm in shock at some of the themes that episode touches on.

My heart was crushed seeing what had happened to Chloe in the alternate timeline. What made it worse, was Max is (unintentionally) the cause of crippling her friend, & when the choice to help Chloe end her life was heart wrenching, it was ultimately the right thing to do.

Does anyone have a picture of the percentages for the choices this episode? They wouldn't load up when I finished the game tonight and I'm curious what the majority of people chose to do this time.

At the time of when I was playing, here were the stats:

You accepted Chloe's request. - 51%
You refused Chloe's request. - 49%

You let Warren beat up Nathan. - 45%
You stopped Warren from beating up Nathan. - 55%

Chloe killed Frank. - 8%
Chloe wounded Frank. - 25%
No one got hurt - 67%

Victoria believed your warning. - 75%
Victoria didn't believe your warning. - 20%
You didn't warn Victoria. - 5%

You saved the blue jay. - 47%
You let the blue jay die. - 53%

You disturbed the bird's nest. - 7%
You didn't disturb the bird's nest. - 93%

You found David's code. - 9%
You got David's files in another way. - 91%

Kate helped you find Nathan's room. - 57%
Kate didn't help you. - 43%

You motivated Danel to attend the Vortex Club Party. - 32%
You didn't motivate Daniel to attend the Vortex Club Party. 68%

You left a message on Warren's slate. - 13%
You didn't leave a message on Warren's slate. 87%

You figured out Nathan's PIN code. - 23%
You didn't figure out Nathan's PIN code. - 77%

You helped Alyssa. 72%
You didn't help Alyssa. 28%

No actual reason judging by what's happened so far, I think it's about closure with this theory, and would force Max into a dramatic sacrifice to end it. I think it also leaves open possibility for some sort of timeline rigmarole at the end, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw someone else with time powers or something.

I wouldn't be surprise that one of the minor characters in the game has similar abilities as Max, but it had to be someone I would least expect. Also, didn't the developers say that if they were going to create a sequel to Life is Strange, they would most likely use a new cast of characters?

JonnyKong

In regards to the first big decision in ep 4,
when I played I originally picked no, but then the game forced me to rewind and change my decision to yes. Did this happen to anybody else? I probably should have picked "I don't know"

Fret

when I played I originally picked no, but then the game forced me to rewind and change my decision to yes. Did this happen to anybody else? I probably should have picked "I don't know"

I didn't kill her. You probably had a glitch.

Chariot

Forced you to rewind?

Dominator

My heart was crushed seeing what had happened to Chloe in the alternate timeline. What made it worse, was Max is (unintentionally) the cause of crippling her friend, & when the choice to help Chloe end her life was heart wrenching, it was ultimately the right thing to do.

At the time of when I was playing, here were the stats:

You accepted Chloe's request. - 51%
You refused Chloe's request. - 49%

You let Warren beat up Nathan. - 45%
You stopped Warren from beating up Nathan. - 55%

Chloe killed Frank. - 8%
Chloe wounded Frank. - 25%
No one got hurt - 67%

Victoria believed your warning. - 75%
Victoria didn't believe your warning. - 20%
You didn't warn Victoria. - 5%

You saved the blue jay. - 47%
You let the blue jay die. - 53%

You disturbed the bird's nest. - 7%
You didn't disturb the bird's nest. - 93%

You found David's code. - 9%
You got David's files in another way. - 91%

Kate helped you find Nathan's room. - 57%
Kate didn't help you. - 43%

You motivated Danel to attend the Vortex Club Party. - 32%
You didn't motivate Daniel to attend the Vortex Club Party. 68%

You left a message on Warren's slate. - 13%
You didn't leave a message on Warren's slate. 87%

You figured out Nathan's PIN code. - 23%
You didn't figure out Nathan's PIN code. - 77%

You helped Alyssa. 72%
You didn't help Alyssa. 28%

I wouldn't be surprise that one of the minor characters in the game has similar abilities as Max, but it had to be someone I would least expect. Also, didn't the developers say that if they were going to create a sequel to Life is Strange, they would most likely use a new cast of characters?
You have all these stats? On PS4 it only shows 5 of these if I'm remembering correctly.

Yeah, sometiems the option to advance to the next part just fails to appear, it probably would have appeared too if you chose the same option the second time.

Jachaos

You have all these stats? On PS4 it only shows 5 of these if I'm remembering correctly.

You can flip the page and see other choices in the episode aside from the 4-5 major ones (those have the time pause and screen flicker, the others have a butterfly in the top left corner)

Chariot

Yeah, I made my decision, then the scene just kinda froze. I assume another cut scene was about to kick in, but nothing did, so I rewound and changed my decision without any choice. Must have been a weird glitch.
I was confused after choose to accept, because i seemingly only could turn around and nothing else. But in some weird angle I got to the book. Could be a bug where it has trouble tracking Max is looking because it binded you the chair.

tomtom94

It is quite irritating how, considering it's the main mechanic, the rewind and dialogue skip have a tendency to break the game. I was replaying episode one yesterday and I got stuck in an early conversation where the game thought I was rewinding, wouldn't let me rewind, and Max just kept saying 'I can't stop here'. Forced to reload the checkpoint. I've also had major choices where dialogue hasn't played out and I'm forced to rewind and go through it again.

It doesn't happen regularly enough to be a major problem but it's still irritating.

Which episode are you in now? And which part?
Ep 4,
accept or refuse

What do you mean by obvious?
The ratio was 51-49 when I finished the episode
. I did spend a few minutes looking at the screen and weighing the situation.

Obvious as in I saw Chloe's question coming from pretty much the very beginning. That isn't a real problem in itself, but the way they stick around long enough to force you into this choice and then immediately bail out and set things back to normal is exactly what I was worried they would do after ep3's cliffhanger.

But again, I haven't finished, so I'm hoping that I'm worrying for nothing and it'll introduce some consequences for that sequence after all.

Yaari

What Hahaha. You buy them on different consoles?

I did yes. It used to work fine with Telltale Games. Now, these are by different developers but I figured they had something in place.

It would just randomly generate some choices, and you could play. Unfortunately it does not work for this game.

I had Episode 1 on my Xbox One and I bought the 2-5 pack because I still had some credit left on my PS4 that I did not know what to use for.

ksdixon

It is quite irritating how, considering it's the main mechanic, the rewind and dialogue skip have a tendency to break the game. I was replaying episode one yesterday and I got stuck in an early conversation where the game thought I was rewinding, wouldn't let me rewind, and Max just kept saying 'I can't stop here'. Forced to reload the checkpoint. I've also had major choices where dialogue hasn't played out and I'm forced to rewind and go through it again.

It doesn't happen regularly enough to be a major problem but it's still irritating.

I got that at the dark room. Door. I fucked up the code and locked it. Wanted to refund to retry and max wudnt remind, but kept telling me she had to rewind.

kvk1

Looked up some of the songs from the party portion.

Some of them (the best ones, really) are straight out of Audio Network's royalty free service.

Cool stuff. Hopefully those artists get a nice little boost.

Chariot

Pro Tip: Do not look up Episode 4 on Youtube.

Youtubers are assholes with their video titles...
Still remember post-episode 3 where eveybody had the image of the last scene as cover. My favorite had a clickbait title "You won't believe how this episode is goj g to end". Well, dweep. I know it now. It's one the fucking cover image.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Just now noticed Daniel's
m'lady shirt

LOL

A-V-B

Yeah, sometiems the option to advance to the next part just fails to appear, it probably would have appeared too if you chose the same option the second time.

Same here. I said no, but then I couldn't advance so I had to rewind because I thought the game was forcing me to choose yes for some insane reason. I'm going to replay Episode 4 before 5 is released just so I can change that.

JonnyKong

Same here. I said no, but then I couldn't advance so I had to rewind because I thought the game was forcing me to choose yes for some insane reason. I'm going to replay Episode 4 before 5 is released just so I can change that.

Well it's good to know I wasn't the only one :)

Steamlord

Yeah, I made my decision, then the scene just kinda froze. I assume another cut scene was about to kick in, but nothing did, so I rewound and changed my decision without any choice. Must have been a weird glitch.

I was confused after choose to accept, because i seemingly only could turn around and nothing else. But in some weird angle I got to the book. Could be a bug where it has trouble tracking Max is looking because it binded you the chair.

I refused so I can't talk about the "accept" scenario, but if you refuse Max will sit there until you interact with the photo album - you just have to get the relevant photo in the center of the screen to interact with it. The aiming on the interaction with objects and people could definitely stand to be improved a bit.

Played the first episode and loved it! Can't wait to play the rest.

I went back to play Remember me on PS3 as soon as I finished life is strange and I am loving it too.

Why didnt they use the same engine as Remeber me?

It looks noticeably better

Steamlord

Played the first episode and loved it! Can't wait to play the rest.

I went back to play Remember me on PS3 as soon as I finished life is strange and I am loving it too.

Why didnt they use the same engine as Remeber me?

It looks noticeably better

Totally different art style. Life Is Strange has a beautiful stylized semi-painting-like look to it. I'm also not sure how the budgets for Remember Me and Life Is Strange compare, but that might have had something to do with it.

Totally different art style. Life Is Strange has a beautiful stylized semi-painting-like look to it. I'm also not sure how the budgets for Remember Me and Life Is Strange compare, but that might have had something to do with it.

Yeah life is strange still has a great artstyle but there is valley of difference in budget between both games. dontnod are an excellent developer though. I can't wait to see what they do next

Kaze2212

Dat episode.

The beginning was really hard on me though. Becasue I actually have been in a serious car crush, but was REALLY lucky and "only" was hospitalized for a month. But the beginning hit me like a truck, because of that. (...no pun intended)

The plot twist at the end was also really nice, I hope they will manage to build up on that in a decent way. I just can't wait for the next eposde

GeoGonzo

Just finished playing Episode 4. Spoilers!

As the girls found Rachel's corpse my heart sank... and then I instantly felt a chill as I remembered Nathan's cheerful and earnest greeting "Rachel!" when he saw Max with her shirt.
He doesn't know she's dead. He didn't do this...

Anyway, amazing chapter. I can't wait for the finale!

Steamlord

That's an interesting observation, but...
that graffiti on the names in the junkyard couldn't be anybody other than Nathan, right? Jefferson is like the cold practiced kidnapper/torturer/killer so I really doubt he would write some psychotic shit like that and leave additional evidence for no reason, he'd just do his thing.

Jachaos

That's an interesting observation, but...
that graffiti on the names in the junkyard couldn't be anybody other than Nathan, right? Jefferson is like the cold practiced kidnapper/torturer/killer so I really doubt he would write some psychotic shit like that and leave additional evidence for no reason, he'd just do his thing.

Unless he wants the evidence to point to Nathan. He did everything so it'd point that way after all. Nathan seemed drugged when he was under Rachel in one of the photos. Either he doesn't know or he knows but didn't want to go through with it and now regrets him, furthering his mental issues and both scenarios would explain why he'd be happy at seeing Rachel.

Persona7

Banned
Just finished playing Episode 4. Spoilers!

As the girls found Rachel's corpse my heart sank... and then I instantly felt a chill as I remembered Nathan's cheerful and earnest greeting "Rachel!" when he saw Max with her shirt.
He doesn't know she's dead. He didn't do this...

Anyway, amazing chapter. I can't wait for the finale!

That was in my mind the entire time.

chadskin

My head is blown after episode 4. Like, wow.

Lots of questions to resolve in episode 5. Hope they wrap this all up nicely and in a satisfying way.

Top Bottom