• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Have there uh, been any updates about patching this so it runs on Win10? I'm dying waiting here..

Just finished playing Episode 4. Spoilers!

As the girls found Rachel's corpse my heart sank... and then I instantly felt a chill as I remembered Nathan's cheerful and earnest greeting "Rachel!" when he saw Max with her shirt.
He doesn't know she's dead. He didn't do this...

Anyway, amazing chapter. I can't wait for the finale!

What?
When did Nathan call Max Rachel? I don`t remember that. Anyways i don`t feel sorry for Nathan, he would have killed Chloe if it wasn`t for Max so he is no angel. I think its his dad though working with Jefferson.

Reedirect

Oh man, I envy you. I wish I could experience it all over again for the first time.

Totally. Went in with zero expectations, got a GOTY contender (and likely winner, unless Big Boss just wrecks me). I even remember when the game was announced at Gamescom last year, I kinda hated the first gameplay video thinking this will be just a Gone Home rip-off with a bland teenage protagonist. I'm glad that I was so hilariously wrong.

I just got the game yesterday and completed chapter 1. I tried to play chapter 2 but there was no save. I tried making a folder for the game in c://documents/my games/life is strange/saves. Nothing seems to be working. Anyone have a solution?

Certinty

Honestly can't believe how much of an impact every choice makes, just makes everything feel so unique. Yes, some consequences only differ by a little but it really is so damn awesome.

Unless the 5th episode completely sucks, I'll be very disappointed if this game doesn't win GOTY awards, absolute masterpiece thus far in every way possible.

Choomp

Banned
Totally. Went in with zero expectations, got a GOTY contender (and likely winner, unless Big Boss just wrecks me). I even remember when the game was announced at Gamescom last year, I kinda hated the first gameplay video thinking this will be just a Gone Home rip-off with a bland teenage protagonist. I'm glad that I was so hilariously wrong.

This has my GOTY locked up right now but I'm pretty sure Metal Gear will take that by years end. There's only so much you can do Super Max, sorry, I mean it's Big Boss.

Razorskin

----- ------
Episode 3:
Every time after
breaking into the principal's office
and take control of Max the game crashes within seconds. help!

Jachaos

I just got the game yesterday and completed chapter 1. I tried to play chapter 2 but there was no save. I tried making a folder for the game in c://documents/my games/life is strange/saves. Nothing seems to be working. Anyone have a solution?

This is the only thing I could find on their forums... http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=157511

Hopefully someone else on here knows something

Episode 3:
Every time after
breaking into the principal's office
and take control of Max the game crashes within seconds. help!

Have you tried this? http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=157528

Is the "last checkpoint" rewind glitched for everyone in ep4? Takes me back to the very end of available rewind instead of stopping at the node.

Jachaos

Is the "last checkpoint" rewind glitched for everyone in ep4? Takes me back to the very end of available rewind instead of stopping at the node.

It was fine for me on PS4 but I've read others have the same issue as you. I almost never use it though, always go with the manual rewind for some reason, so that might be why I didn't notice.

Persona7

Banned
lifeisstrange_2015080u7ku2.jpg

The little details

I noticed this too. I don't think it was in previous episodes? Not sure if I turned a graphic setting off or anything but I noticed it on the PS4 version as well when I watched my friend play the latest episode.

Tuck

Played the demo, immediately bought episode 1. It reminds me of Heavy Rain. The introductory lines were kinda lousy but the writing and VA is pretty solid overall.

Playing on PS4. Hoped the PS4 version would have looked better than it does, but it is a smaller scale title I suppose.

Choomp

Banned
One of my favorite parts of episode 5 coming out is that everyone who's holding out for the full season to release is finally going to play it. It seems like even people who aren't into this kind of game are enjoying it, I'm excited to see how much more popular it gets.

iosefe

One of my favorite parts of episode 5 coming out is that everyone who's holding out for the full season to release is finally going to play it. It seems like even people who aren't into this kind of game are enjoying it, I'm excited to see how much more popular it gets.
real talk, those people will regret it

i jumped on the boat a week or so before Episode 4, and i went through 1-3 in 2 nights, and i was an emotional wreck after finishing episode 3.

imagine what people hopping on then will do? marathon it? one episode a day?

So much story in so little time.

the whiplash will destroy them.

Choomp

Banned
real talk, those people will regret it

i jumped on the boat a week or so before Episode 4, and i went through 1-3 in 2 nights, and i was an emotional wreck after finishing episode 3.

imagine what people hopping on then will do? marathon it? one episode a day?

So much story in so little time.

the whiplash will destroy them.

Yes, sadly all those people who have that problem with episodic gaming are going to miss out on how this is supposed to be experienced. It happened to me with Walking Dead, and I like it better playing as the episodes release. I don't know how anyone would be able to handle episode 3 then episode 4 consecutively.

I'm gonna be pretty darn sad when it's all over though.

Bowl0l

Same. PS4 user here. It doesn't stop rewinding.

It's bugged for a lot of people. Use the other rewind instead.
What is the other button for rewind, PS4?

It was fine for me on PS4 but I've read others have the same issue as you. I almost never use it though, always go with the manual rewind for some reason, so that might be why I didn't notice.
PS4 user here. Which button is to manual rewind?

Chaos17

Started playing ep 4 and I am really disapointed of the begining
can't Max just rewind time and avoid Rachel accident ?! I think yes if she is able to find clues of that day. We went trhough so much length to save William. Then Max don't hesistate to sacrifice him over Chloe without asking her opinion. This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Certinty

Recommended this to a friend but he can't find the complete season on the Xbox 360? Can't seem to find it either now, was it ever there, has it been taken down?

Puzzle spoilers: I think I'm overthinking
That damn phone pin number. I've tried a bunch of variations of the numbers and I think I've tried every set of 4 numbers on the documents. Now I'm getting all lateral thinking with it and I'm pretty sure no one was meant to do that. I'm not broken yet, but I did need to vent--even after sleeping on it.

wrowa

Puzzle spoilers: I think I'm overthinking
That damn phone pin number. I've tried a bunch of variations of the numbers and I think I've tried every set of 4 numbers on the documents. Now I'm getting all lateral thinking with it and I'm pretty sure no one was meant to do that. I'm not broken yet, but I did need to vent--even after sleeping on it.

Are you from Europe?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
can't Max just rewind time and avoid Rachel accident ?! I think yes if she is able to find clues of that day. We went trhough so much length to save William. Then Max don't hesistate to sacrifice him over Chloe without asking her opinion. This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

There's a limit to how far Max can rewind (as implied in-game): she can only remind a couple of minutes.

I guess Max's only option to save both Chloe and William would be to ask Chloe if she has any pictures of Chloe and Max just before Chloe's accident so Max can go in and prevent it. But given that Max won't have any memory of the picture as it isn't her original timeline, her powers might not even let her jump to it. And if a picture close to the accident doesn't exist that Max can use, Max would have to go back and potentially have to wait years til the day when she can warn Chloe. Plus it'd be approaching a dangerous precedent where she starts using her powers to fix every bad things that ever happens, and then every bad consequence of her fix's and she'd probably end up completely lost in a mess of timelines and feel utterly disconnected from the new reality she has created for herself. Meddling with time is scary shit, keeping things as simple and limited as possible is probably the safest thing you can do

Manu

I guess Max's only option to save both Chloe and William would be to ask Chloe if she has any pictures of Chloe and Max just before Chloe's accident so Max can go in and prevent it. But given that Max won't have any memory of the picture as it isn't her original timeline, her powers might not even let her jump to it. And if a picture close to the accident doesn't exist that Max can use, Max would have to go back and potentially have to wait years til the day when she can warn Chloe. Plus it'd be approaching a dangerous precedent where she starts using her powers to fix every bad things that ever happens, and then every bad consequence of her fix's and she'd probably end up utterly lost in a mess of timelines and feel utterly disconnected from the new reality she has created for herself. Meddling with time is scary shit, keeping things as simple and limited as possible is probably the safest thing you can do

Reminds me of Seconds, the Bryan Lee O'Malley graphic novel.

Guri

She can only go back to where she was.
She wasn't in the place Rachel was killed.

Jachaos

No . . . I just didn't think through what they did.

Later spoiler, not long after that puzzle:
Put the goddamn files back, dammit.

I found it by trying Nathan's birthdate (08 for August I think, and then the last two digits of his birthyear). Either way you can reset his phone when you can't find it so it's not like that bottle thing where the last bottle was so damn well hidden.

PS4 user here. Which button is to manual rewind?

L2, hold R2 during that to rewind faster.

Top Bottom