• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII announced for 2013 [Up3: Famitsu Details]

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thread just got weird.

This concept sounds neater and neater the more I hear about it. I hope it turns out as well as it sounds on paper.

One thing confuses me, though. If there aren't going to be multiple endings, what's the point of playing and replaying it multiple times?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
apparently people stopped aging so you never know?
I don't think he froze himself so he could live in the future like Hope and Alyssa did, nor did he get trapped in Paradoxes like Sazh, Dajh, and Snow(?) did, lol. I'd like to see him alive but I don't see it happening since he was relatively minor outside of kicking out PSICOM and starting up the Academy with Hope's dad.

Rygdea lol, was he was the dude who looked like John Sawyer and (like basically every NPC in FF13) had 4 lines and was entirely forgotten when he's off-screen?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3465

Really liked this part:

Kamikakuryou: Most of the in-game assets have been newly designed. Novus Partus has been created from the ground up out of many drawings. Lightning herself also looks quite beautiful now.

Everything I read about this game makes my even more hyped. They're really trying to create something different from the usual Final Fantasy while remaining tied to it somehow when it comes to mithologies or key elements such as jobs and ATB. The fact that they're also re-designing most of the assets let me think this game is getting more support and budget than XIII-2 did, and that's always a good thing. Lightning's model looks quite beautiful now? I hope that means she got some added polygon to her. Well, the concept of the world is what I find most fascinating though, I really want to see the beauty of Novus Partus with my eyes.

This will be Lightning's last game and will end with a happy ending. The game has just one ending.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, so cute! Toriyama tries so hard to make his virtual waifu happy.

You can freely move around during battle. Some elements of the battle system are timing-based. The battle system is very similar to an action RPG, but contains an ATB bar. There are no menu commands this time – commands are mapped to specific face buttons which can be pressed in succession.

I was afraid that it would be the same FF XIII battle system remixed, but with such heavy modifications, it will certainly not feel like more of the same. That's great news to me, it's not that I don't like FF XIII and XIII-2 battles, but I want something new for the next game :)

Zoe

Interesting. Care to expand? I thought she disappeared once the timelines got straightened out since her surviving The Purge was a paradox in itself.

Didn't the paradox that allowed her to live occur during the Purge? Wouldn't it have had to be resolved in that time period then?

They didn't resolve all of the paradoxes. There's still the one that took Lightning away in the first place.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I want Type-0 Otome, though. I would definitely buy it! The character designs were kinda decent.

Even though it was a joke. v_v

Dunan

Rygdea was the best male character in the FF13 games, for sure.

Babu-Finger-Wag1-1.gif

Sazh.jpg

Hope is the best male character, not sure why everyone has a hard on for Sazh, he's alright. but nothing great.

Snow is terrible.

Noel is great but Hope has had two games to develop so for me has slightly has the edge, I wonder if Noel will be in this third game?

Stark

Banned
Hope is the best male character, not sure why everyone has a hard on for Sazh, he's alright. but nothing great.

Snow is terrible.

Noel is great but Hope has had two games to develop so for me has slightly has the edge, I wonder if Noel will be in this third game?

Should be. I just hope he hasn't turned into a pool of depression.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
If you ask me, it was a stealthy sneak peek at Type-1 character's or a possible Type 0 sequel or new installment.
I hope we get this one!

MdmhF.jpg

Sazh is certainly the best character out of the playables. There's no question about that, and his English voice actor did an extremely good job with him in making his lines as earnest and sincere as possible.

Rygdea, though, looks like he stepped outta FF12. Plus he gets stuff done like
confronting and killing Cid, exposing the crap the Sanctum did, and had a hand in starting up Academia with Hope's father.
Like a boss.

phoca_thumb_l_13-rygdm2c5i.jpg

Why couldn't he be playable? :(

Stark

Banned
Rygdea, though, looks like he stepped outta FF12. Plus he gets stuff done like
confronting and killing Cid, exposing the crap the Sanctum did, and had a hand in starting up Academia with Hope's father.
Like a boss.

Wait what? was that last bit in an XIII-2 fragment? x_x I don't remember that, lol.

Top Bottom