• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited edition PS4 availability

They should've made the etchings represent the anniversary edition and then release a standard gray one for everyone to enjoy.

Or maybe I'm talking crazy and that just ruins the whole limited collector's aspect of the thing :p

I doubt it will be limited to Playstation Experience event. Yesterday there was something on Playstation Turkey Facebook page.

It says, " With the legendary colors of PS1, Playstation 4 20th Anniversary Edition has been announced,details for Turkey soon."

Playstation Turkey page: http://goo.gl/pavqpm

It seems like they are simply implying that it will be also sold in Turkey, and obviously in other countries in limited quantities.

Vay aq, Turkiye'de bile saticaklar bunu :p

So... 499€ for the standard package + camera with no game or HDD upgrade?

:lol
People pay up to 150 euro for collectors editions of games that aren't even limited. This item is limited, numbered and has a special design. Heck they could sell it for a 1000 euros and it would still sell out.

Btw. vertical stand is included as well

People pay up to 150 euro for collectors editions of games that aren't even limited. This item is limited, numbered and has a special design. Heck they could sell it for a 1000 euros and it would still sell out.

Btw. vertical stand is included as well

I know, I know, I used to be a limited editions collector. Now just Metal Gear Solid and few stuff. I know people can pay high numbers for something ridiculously cheaper in actual value.

But the fact they're selling it out of the PSX feels less 'exclusive' to me.

If they're shipping this to several countries, selling on retail and not by raffle or social media prize makes it affordable to almost everyone who is on the mood to go to any store and preorder one with anticipation.

And one thing, the fact that's numbered doesn't add value per se.

Many numbered LEs have devaluated from their selling price. Others have gone wild. Depends on the feel of exclusivity. And this doesn't feel exclusive at all.

If Sony wants to add value to the package, they should include something else to match the 500€/$ price of other bundles.

I know, I know, I used to be a limited editions collector. Now just Metal Gear Solid and few stuff. I know people can pay high numbers for something ridiculously cheaper in actual value.

But the fact they're selling it out of the PSX feels less 'exclusive' to me.

so, that's subjective, some may think the opposite.

If they're shipping this to several countries, selling on retail and not by raffle or social media prize makes it affordable to almost everyone who is on the mood to go to any store and preorder one with anticipation.

they will probably be sold in some specific retail stores, online, or maybe directly from Sony Gallery retail stores here in Spain, but you should have in mind there will be like only 500 units for countries such as Spain, France, Italy, Germany, etc.. so 500 units for this, is very limited

And one thing, the fact that's numbered doesn't add value per se.

Many numbered LEs have devaluated from their selling price. Others have gone wild. Depends on the feel of exclusivity. And this doesn't feel exclusive at all.

as exclusive as only 12300 units across the world

If Sony wants to add value to the package, they should include something else to match the 500€/$ price of other bundles.

that would be great, but I feel the price is fair for what's included in the SKU

Vay türk müsün gardaş, aynen satcak gibiler, muasır medeniyetler seviyesine gelmişiz :)

Dogus'dan beri Ingilterede yasiyorum, ama Turkluk yer'den degil, yurek'ten gelir ;)

Gran Turismo 5'te Turkce dil ayari gordum zaman ayni seyi demistim :) We're a First World country now haha.

Anko

Wonderful. Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia to share 18 units. Philippines gets 18 to themselves.

I don't think I will bother entering this contest. Never am good with this kind of thing.

ron_bato

Wonderful. Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia to share 18 units. Philippines gets 18 to themselves.

I don't think I will bother entering this contest. Never am good with this kind of thing.

I will enter the said contest. Wish me luck GAF.

Chinbo37

I hate this exclusive shit.

Since when did consoles stop coming in multiple colors? I guess it was a late 90s or early 2000s thing.

Regular xbox had several versions, there were all the different color n64s and also the PS2 slims ...

Disappointing. I wanted a white xbox one as well but I am not ready to get one, by the time I actually want the console they will be gone.

Ban Puncher

The only way to get one in Australia is to win it through a Facebook competition?

Listen here Sony, I am trying to give you money for one. Remember money? It's that stuff you used to have a bit of but are seemingly kind of desperate for now. Giving away things for free does not help your bottom line.

#4theprofits

Audioboxer

Competitions are actually a lot fairer than a website ready to take... 20 orders.

Go put a lottery ticket on, you've got a better chance than trying to go through checkout when only 20 are in stock.

A competition at least lets everyone have a bit of time to come up with something, and everyone attempt to win. It also means scalpers have to actually put some effort into trying to win, rather than just being those who don't care about a PS4 and just want money.

inki

I just want one of the controllers.

I think they will wait until the newness and uniqueness of those who get the whole package wears down and then it will come out for all. Maybe around E3?

Because I want one too! (If you're smart, get the new system and sell the controller to counter the loss if you sell your original ps4. I'm sure someone would drop $150 for it).

Dunan

The "original grey" colour finish makes the PS4 look like a scanner or printer. It wouldn't look out of place in an office environment imo.

People are just gonna be paying extra for an engraved case and a special box.
It's just a stock PS4 underneath. If this unit had full PS1/2 hardware BC or the case was made from brushed aluminum -- just something that really sets it apart from a standard PS4, I think it would be a far more compelling product.

As it stands it's just a regular PS4 with a fancy plastic case and a smart box and that just makes the prices it will fetch all the more ridiculous.

This is an important thing to keep in mind. I have the Final Fantasy XIV PS4, which is black and has an engraved outer shell (which looks quite subdued and nice), but it at least comes with the FFXIV game and some limited in-game items. This retro PS4 lokos like it could be "made" by the same third parties who will custom-color your Macbook. They really should have put in some kind of custom PS1 emulator or a pile of old games for retro buffs to enjoy.

Breakage

This is an important thing to keep in mind. I have the Final Fantasy XIV PS4, which is black and has an engraved outer shell (which looks quite subdued and nice), but it at least comes with the FFXIV game and some limited in-game items. This retro PS4 lokos like it could be "made" by the same third parties who will custom-color your Macbook. They really should have put in some kind of custom PS1 emulator or a pile of old games for retro buffs to enjoy.

Yeah. I think if you're gonna explicitly make something strictly LE there should be something really special about it.
Beyond the grey colour finish, colour PS family logos and some embossing there's nothing special or premium about this PS4.
The classy minimalist box it comes in suggests a premium product when in reality you're just getting a regular just getting a regular PS4 + peripherials in a particular shade of grey.

It's just underwhelming.
If this was made of higher quality materials, had EE/PS1 CPU emulation or even an exclusive remixed PS1 boot sequence then I'd understand the desirability for such a product and the crazy amounts of money people will pay to obtain one.

THis thing looked pretty nice in the Giantbomb video, but the controller stood out even more. Would definitely buy one if they released those separately but I'm not gonna go out of my way (and pay ridic prices) for the console itself.

The "original grey" colour finish makes the PS4 look like a scanner or printer. It wouldn't look out of place in an office environment imo.

People are just gonna be paying extra for an engraved case and a special box.
It's just a stock PS4 underneath. If this unit had full PS1/2 hardware BC or the case was made from brushed aluminum -- just something that really sets it apart from a standard PS4, I think it would be a far more compelling product.

As it stands it's just a regular PS4 with a fancy plastic case and a smart box and that just makes the prices it will fetch all the more ridiculous.

oh boohoo.

"if you take out everything that makes it different from a regular ps4, it's just a regular ps4!"

Breakage

oh boohoo.

"if you take out everything that makes it different from a regular ps4, it's just a regular ps4!"

You say "take out everything" as if to suggest this console has significant differences that make it dramatically different from a standard unit.

It's just another colour.

Lucent

I'd love to own one but I couldn't shell out the money right now. I'd love the controller separately though.

in singapore you have to take a photo or vid showing how much you love playstation and share it on instagram.

hopefully there's nothing like that for north america. ugh.

Top Bottom