• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

oldmario

Just look at the CE prices on eBay. Some were listed as low as $70 and that's only $8 more than LRG. No one expects them to do this for every game but it will definitely help cut down the vitriol directed at them on twitter if they do it for the bigger titles.

I ordered a couple standard copies and they are still unfulfilled too.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/902184289890160640

they're still shipping, i guess all those bundles take a lot of time to make

Has anyone dealt with customer support through Special Reserve Games in the past? I sent an e-mail last week and, three-to-four business days later, I still haven't heard anything. On another note, with the rise of another limited run company, I look forward to whatever library Strictly Limited brings to the table although I hope international shipping isn't on the absurd side. Went ahead with adding them to the bottom OP references and added the countdown clock for the currently undisclosed PS4 titles later in September.

I'll slap an additional clock somewhere at the top once the LRG variant for Shadow Warrior 2 gets an appropriate release time, too!

Anyone know if there is a problem with Night Trap? My order is still unfulfilled. My orders have never taken this long before.

Did you happen to order it along with the vinyl, the bunker or other extras? Mine hasn't shipped yet either and I think that may be why.
I think LRG claimed they just started shipping Night Trap sometime last Monday and I was additionally beginning to worry about my combined order as well. Thankfully, I just received shipping confirmation on The Bunker and Night Trap CE so you might finally hear some movement within the coming week. East Coast of U.S. if it provides any extra point of reference.

zeopower6

On Twitter they said if your Night Trap isn't shipped yet DO NOT WORRY. It will ship..

Also there's some teasing going on at some stuff on their personal Twitters.

We're likely going to be selling something really unexpected at some point in the next three months. Should be fun!

Also this from the LRG forums:
We have been working on 1 huge thing for 8 months so far and another since December 2015 and they both will launch around the same time, so I'm not sure!

Wonder what's coming.

I knew nobody cared about Vita except for weirdos!

I dunno, if their biggest selling Vita title ever means they didn't care... :p But it was around their estimates for sure.

What title have you been asking for?
header.jpg

PBBG is the reason I took interest in LRG. I wasn't really paying attention to them at all until they mentioned it was a title they were trying to get last year.

Got my copy of Night Trap PS4 CE! It was on my bed when it arrived.

And the packaging was opened. I have a sneaking suspicion who it might be. Which means I'm going to get "the bad talk" due to the game's cover art. Also cause of the fact that I bought "ANOTHER GAME".

Man having to live with family due to my hospitalization can have it's downsides at times.

I only opened the box to see but it looks like it's in good condition! I'm gonna sleep for now but I'll take a closer look tomorrow.

Hey, a reasonable read of the outcome by smart people!

Even the "bad"Vita outcome wouldn't be an issue in future scenarios, because the pre-order window wouldn't have had an order placed ahead of time for a certain number.

Looks like a win-win for the future, and the proof's in the pudding: They sold as expected, and no one has to go on eBay. End of the day, the only thing that changed is that the extra $30-$50 charged by the scalper for a slice of the copies evaporated. The copies were allocated directly to the end customer rather than middlemen making a buck.

Yeah... that was my thought too. I can understand why it's less of a success because they've already placed the order, but that won't happen again in future so there should be no issue?

A bit surprised this hasn't already been iterated upon in the thread, but several users have spread the news about another title from LRG's collection, Rive, joining the ranks of Play-Asia's selective run, too. Unlike the vanilla release it received through Limited Run, P-A will be knocking out a collector's edition for their take with two separate color variants for the packaging box (blue or orange), game manual, double-disc soundtrack, and a numbered certificate. I'll reference this version sometime later today in the OP for those that missed out on the North America opportunity and, again, don't mind dealing with imports from another region.
DIXiLu8UEAA510m.jpg

https://twitter.com/eastasiasoft/st...l-release-deals-and-discussion-thread/page-92

RIVE will join our PS4 Limited Edition lineup in September. Limited to 2500pcs (1500 blue box / 1000 orange box)!

You know me so well.
We're kindred spirits on this one!

Alright, so with my Ys PAX LE signups I had 7 people show interest, so I'll do my best to fulfill those. I don't plan to have extras, but if you're interested DM me asap and I'll put you on a "backup list" if I'm somehow able to fulfill all 7.

A bit surprised this hasn't already been iterated upon in the thread, but several users have spread the news about another title from LRG's collection, Rive, joining the ranks of Play-Asia's selective run, too. Unlike the vanilla release it received through Limited Run, P-A will be knocking out a collector's edition for their take with two separate color variants for the packaging box (blue or orange), game manual, double-disc soundtrack, and a numbered certificate. I'll reference this version sometime later today in the OP for those that missed out on the North America opportunity and, again, don't mind dealing with imports from another region.
I was going to be salty that I already bought LRG's release and therefore wouldn't double-dip on the "better" Play-Asia version with extras, but after looking at the picture on Twitter, there's absolutely nothing I want there. A useless soundtrack and bloated packaging don't entice me at all. A manual would have been nice to get with the LRG release, but would that even be in English with P-A?

Cool, I guess, for those that missed out on the LRG release and still want the game though.

but would that even be in English with P-A?.

Most likely: yes, it would.

I was going to be salty that I already bought LRG's release and therefore wouldn't double-dip on the "better" Play-Asia version with extras, but after looking at the picture on Twitter, there's absolutely nothing I want there. A useless soundtrack and bloated packaging don't entice me at all. A manual would have been nice to get with the LRG release, but would that even be in English with P-A?

Cool, I guess, for those that missed out on the LRG release and still want the game though.

The thing is, you'll likely get all the extras for a price similar to LRG's vanilla version. Unless you're hellbent on owning a North American copy, the P-A release is probably going to be the better deal of the two.

Well according to this there IS a manual. I don't know why it isn't featured on the picture though.

And I'd think P-A manuals are certainly in English
Right. I know the P-A version DOES come with a manual - I just wasn't sure if it was in English.

The thing is, you'll likely get all the extras for a price similar to LRG's vanilla version. Unless you're hellbent on owning a North American copy, the P-A release is probably going to be the better deal of the two.
From a value perspective, I agree. But other than the manual, none of the extra stuff entices me.

- Bloated box size: Can do without it.
- Vinyl: Nope, not interested.

If both the LRG and P-A versions of Rive were around at the same time, obviously I would've gone with P-A. But they were released months apart, and I've already gotten the LRG version, so no use crying over spilt milk now.

With all of that said, I really hope this motivates LRG to start making their packages feel special again (I mean regular editions too, not just CEs). I'm not sure if that's even within their control or not, but at the very least, every game should come with a manual IMO.

I wonder what the new game will be.
Alright, so with my Ys PAX LE signups I had 7 people show interest, so I'll do my best to fulfill those. I don't plan to have extras, but if you're interested DM me asap and I'll put you on a "backup list" if I'm somehow able to fulfill all 7.
Nice! Hope I get one since I'm on the list.

Didn't they have to drop the Amazon connectivity?

The iPhone app had to drop it, I think. The desktop version uses it. The iPhone links with the desktop and acts as a wireless barcode scanner. So, I can open the app on the iPhone, scan some stuff, and then open the desktop, and it gets the stuff from the iPhone, and adds them to the desktop. Then, I can publish my library to a server and see all my information anywhere.

zeopower6

Josh mentioned on Twitter that something in the background has release dates up in the air for now and they will post about it soon. Kinda worrisome.

Shizuka

In the end, despite what has been said months ago, Rabi-Ribi is already out in Europe, PS4 physical print and all. If anyone doesn't want to wait for LRG/Sekai Project's release and doesn't mind importing, you can order a copy from a few european retailers that'll ship worldwide.

Also, judging that both September releases are PS4-only, don't expect Rabi-Ribi to come from LRG anytime soon.

Shizuka

It could be October since a lot of things got pushed back due to numerous problems. But I'm just spitballling

Sekai Project and all that, I'm not expecting an October release at all, even if the game is basically done judging that it's out in Europe.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I just hope I get all of my Sekai stuff ONE DAY. I just got my final order from Mighty No. 9, so I guess anything is possible :x

Olengie

Sekai Project and all that, I'm not expecting an October release at all, even if the game is basically done judging that it's out in Europe.

Trust me when I say I don't have much faith in Sekai Project at all. Hell, it could be set for 2018, despite it being basically done as you said

Sekai to busy on their Kickstarts. =p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Trust me when I say I don't have much faith in Sekai Project at all. Hell, it could be set for 2018, despite it being basically done as you said

Sekai to busy on their Kickstarts. =p

I can't fault them for WAS of Memory Dogma though, being more a dev issue with things. Everything else, I stay optimistic :x I spent so much monies...

Anyone knows how long do packages usually take to get to European countries? Took 3 days to get from the US to the UK and it has been 8 days now since it says it left the hub, whatever that means... For 15 dollars of shipping, the least they could do was not use one of the shittiest couriers (Asendia, the only ones that managed to lose my packages from Amazon UK... three times in a row...)

blazeuk

Anyone knows how long do packages usually take to get to European countries? Took 3 days to get from the US to the UK and it has been 8 days now since it says it left the hub, whatever that means... For 15 dollars of shipping, the least they could do was not use one of the shittiest couriers (Asendia, the only ones that managed to lose my packages from Amazon UK... three times in a row...)

Once my last order arrived in the UK it took about 2 weeks for Asendia to pass it onto a UK courier for delivery, so possibly slightly longer to other European countries from here.

Top Bottom