• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

chashodges

Neo Member
Oh man, I forgot about vinyl..

For me, vinyl is about legitimising gaming as a wider art form in the same way we've done for years with vinyl soundtracks for films.

A soundtrack to a game can play a huge part in the feel of the experience - Streets of Rage as has been mentioned would lose a lot of its appeal without the audio, as would more recent examples like Hotline Miami. That's to say nothing of AAA titles with orchestrated scores too. Uncharted for example is basically contemporary classical music, complete with themes or idée fixes. Vinyl, as a high fidelity medium, gives weight to an area of game production not always considered. Plus, with boutique releases like those offered by Data Discs and iam8bit, we get sweet artwork from the original releases (e.g. the painted concept art used for MD/Genesis titles) or alternate takes on a games character or locales from excellent graphic designers, again, celebrating aspects of game culture rarely viewed in isolation.

Got Night Trap and The Bunker today. I got the red Night Trap cover. Bummed, because I wanted the blue one. Oh well! At least I got it!

First time I've gotten trading cards too. Pretty cool!

Add me to the list of people that got Night Trap (and The Bunker) today.

I got the blue cover, but I open everything so it doesn't really matter. I switched it to the red one because the font on the spine makes it easier to identify at a glance when looking at my shelf.

Justinh

Are you guys getting the PS4 version of Night Trap, or have your PC versions shipped yet?

I got my PS4 copy of Night Trap like a week and a half ago, and I'm just waiting for my PC copy to ship. Why does it matter which color your copy is? I mean, aren't they all reversible? Mine came on red side but I flipped it to the Blue side because I like that one better.

Strangely enough, I got an email last night saying my order shipped (or however they worded it...) but they again referred to the PS4 version, not the PC copy as I was expecting.

Are you guys getting the PS4 version of Night Trap, or have your PC versions shipped yet?

I got my PS4 copy of Night Trap like a week and a half ago, and I'm just waiting for my PC copy to ship. Why does it matter which color your copy is? I mean, aren't they all reversible? Mine came on red side but I flipped it to the Blue side because I like that one better.

Strangely enough, I got an email last night saying my order shipped (or however they worded it...) but they again referred to the PS4 version, not the PC copy as I was expecting.

PS4 version, I think some shipped later if they were ordered with The Bunker (maybe?). I'm still waiting on Wonder Boy for the same reason, I bought Lawbreakers with it.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
A little update on my two Wonder Boy orders. Apparently when you ask them to combine orders it sends their shipping dept. into complete chaos... kidding... kinda.sorta

I apologize for the delay in your order, it is most likely because your order was removed from our regular manifest in order to be combined with your second order. I will reach out to our shipping manager and get back to you shortly with an answer.

Cheers,

Limited Run Games Support Agent]

So yeah, next time I won't bother combining and will just have it all ship seperately.

Sad. But I think LRG is trying to make Windjammers happen :)

If LRG lands Windjammers then that would squarely fall into the same category as a Wonderboy or a Night Trap. Especially if there is a swanky Collector's Edition
with a box that mimics the appearance of the original Neo Geo release. It'll be a terrible bloodbath without a pre-order window. Windjammers would also be a sweet opportunity to create a limited arcade stick to go with the game.

I wouldn't be that adamantly sure. It's much more retro-looking than a remade Wonder Boy. But I may be wrong.

True, but Windjammers has had the Giant Bomb fandom propping up prices of Neo Geo cartridges for years. Wonder Boy may beautiful but Windjammers is a beloved meme amongst a loyal fanbase. I'd be happy to see Windjammers physical leak into the world just so people can ask Dave Lang to sign their copy at conventions.

krae_man

Missed out on Night Trap before but was able to snag one here at PAX. Limited run had a few copies for a silent auction with proceeds going to child's play.

I bid $50 and won. Considering I'm Canadian, that's barely more then I would have had to pay with shipping had I got an order in so I'm super happy.

Really loved the game on the 3DO.

Shizuka

Not sure I'll bother with the hold shipment service again... It's been over two months and they haven't dealt with the mess yet. I wouldn't recommend it if they can't even ship the games when you ask, don't reply to the tickets, etc.

Weevilone

Not sure I'll bother with the hold shipment service again... It's been over two months and they haven't dealt with the mess yet. I wouldn't recommend it if they can't even ship the games when you ask, don't reply to the tickets, etc.

I saw Josh complaining on Twitter again about customers doing PayPal disputes, and about how they are needless. He hasn't had to deal with their customer service.

Really sorry to hear that you've been having issues with reaching the support team. Since I've been fastidious with cover artwork quality in the past several years, I opted to avoid any sort of incidents that would involve having to make additional contact to combine orders at the cost of a few extra dollars. Having dealt with several support crews, I'm honestly surprised that LRG hasn't already taken measures to fix the situation as they've been pretty good with responding back between one-to-two business days. I went into greater detail in a previous post, but I can vouch for them taking care of the few times that I requested an exchange over cover art. In contrast, I can't say anything quite positive toward the other competitive publishers out in the field. Signature Edition Games took about a week to respond with indication that they'd take care of an issue with one of my orders, but it has been well over a month without a single word back. 8bit and Special Reserve Games have actually been even worse. Both of those companies apparently have non-existent e-mail crews as I've sent numerous messages, ranging from complimentary to minor requests like subscribing to their newsletter, and neither have bothered to get back. I was incredibly flustered with the latter to the point that I just re-bought Shadow Warrior 2 from a scalper at three times the sell price. If they weren't going to help out with fixing one issue, I might as well spill the coin to get it elsewhere before the resale price starts launching through the roof.

Apologies for the mini-rant, but I do hope they'll get your situation sorted out in the near future!

Olengie

I thought they've would helped you out by now

Got my Wonder Boy Collector's Edition today! :D Really love it.

More than happy to buy it again (again) on Switch too if that ever happens, but otherwise I love that I have a physical copy of the game in some form now. Thanks for making that possible Limited Run Games. Physical media 4 life!

So I just got my Wonder Boy CE here in the UK, absolutely seamless / no customs charges.

Yet ordering Guacamelee from VBlank ended with me paying almost the same due to shipping costs and a £14 customs charge.

I know there's an element of luck with anything like that but I want to thank LRG for whatever magic you have going to mean a seamless delivery from US-UK.

Tapejara

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/905143497442942976
DI9n5r5WsAM9F4X.jpg
Limited Run Games‏ @LimitedRunGames 2m2 minutes ago
Excited to announce that we're giving Caladrius Blaze a western physical release on PS4. Available September 15th at http://limitedrungames.com

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/905143747914039296
Limited Run Games‏ @LimitedRunGames 1m1 minute ago
Also available on Friday, September 15th at http://limitedrungames.com - The Flame in the Flood on PlayStation 4 from @molassesflood!

Both September 15th

Clive

Nice get with Caladrius Blaze but it has been out in Asia in English for ages so I have it already myself. Hopefully this will help it get in the hands of more people at least and maybe manage to make someone more interested in shooting games.

Heard very good things about Flame in the Flood so I'm down with that one.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Oooooo I am so in for Caladrius! Did not expect this one to come! (Darn, no Sept break for me!)

Still waiting for Fata Morgana to go through and the other Japanese Vita/PS4 game.

Tapejara

I had actually been holding out for an NA version, so this is perfect for me. Between Caladrius, Dariusburst earlier this year and Raiden V DC next month it's been a great year for physical shmups.

I had actually been holding out for an NA version, so this is perfect for me. Between Caladrius, Dariusburst earlier this year and Raiden V DC next month it's been a great year for physical shmups.
Would be even nicer if Garegga or Feveron got a physical release. M2 STG series needs some love. Just sayin'

Clive

Would be even nicer if Garegga or Feveron got a physical release. M2 STG series needs some love. Just sayin'

And Senko no ronde 2 and Game Paradise Cruisin' Mix. These are seemingly also confirmed for English too unlike M2's stuff which might need localization work.

And that EDF STG announced just today needs to happen too. The developers aren't well known and no footage was shown but it's EDF mixed with shmup? It can't go wrong.

And #3 I really liked Jamestown+ too. It has a few flaws and is not a revolution but it's a cut above the normal indie shmups. I had a good time with it.

Just sayin'.

Never picked up Caladrius so that's a go for me, and I've been wanting to play Flame. A nice, easy week where I don't have to worry about tacking on an extra box.

Caladrius feels a bit like a lazy cash-in. Already got the Asian release. I probably won't be double dipping.

At least they seem to have changed the cover art, which is an improvement over their Deemo release where they didn't.

Olengie

Since I have the Asian Ver of Ghostblade and Caladrius Blaze, guess I'll be skipping those. While I could double dip, I could spend that money on actual new titles that I don't have lol.

So, I finally got my Night Trap and the documentary Blu-ray...in a flimsy pink "garbage bag" envelope. Really, guys?! I'm not one to complain about frivolous things - I swear - but aren't orders with more than one item automatically supposed to get shipped in a box??? No damage, thankfully, but still.

With that said, the trading card I got is super cool - it's basically the girl and baddie from the red cover without the red border itself. :D

Edit: PS4 version of Night Trap

Top Bottom