• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Breach and Clear is still the most expensive LRG release?
So I attempted to proxy for a small group of people for the Ys cover, unfortunately I wasn't able to cover everyone, so I'll be picking a few people at random and I'll DM you to figure out costs/shipping deets and whatnot. Sorry I couldn't get for everyone, shit happened but at least I can make a few of you happy.
Thanks for letting us know! It was real nice of you to help out at all!

I saw the latest LRG announcement and I will skip it again- they do not seem interesting to me. I don't want to play "rogue" games, procedural games, or anime games. That takes out 75% of their catalog lately.
The last game I got was Wonder Boy. And I tried to get Night Trap, but of course not enough were made and it was instantly sold out.

Shit, any word if they'll make any more PC versions of that Special Reserve package?
Doubtful. Special Reserve seems to treat their PC offerings as the main specialty over anything on Sony platforms. I wouldn't be surprised if this sentiment is fully expressed somewhere on their website, but it's pretty evident when most of their expansive collector goodies are primarily tied toward the PC versions while Sony either got bare bone copies or a handful of scraps from the aforementioned computer sets. Limited Run hasn't even really dabbled too much with desktop versions in their own catalog so it isn't surprising to see these types remain exclusive to SRG's store. Also, I think Special Reserve technically already "reprinted" Shadow Warrior 2 on PC prior to the release of the PS4 port. I vaguely recall the first print retroactively being dubbed as their first forte into the limited print field back when they launched as a new competitor earlier in the year.

Question about Shadow Warrior, how much was it original priced by SRG (regular PS4 edition), 40$ seems a bit high although I understand it's 2 games in 1, which is what's tipping me over.
SRG's original run was also priced at forty buckets although it came with a few extras like the randomized, hand-painted "kanji of empowerment" scrolls and, presumably, the inked burlap carrying sack. However, it might be worth repeating that Special Reserve claims the two-disc collection contains a newly pressed version of the first game with the latest "up-to-date" patches.

According to an e-mail a few people received/posted on CAG, it sounds like the Night Trap 32X Cover Variant has been cancelled 'due to some unforeseen events'. :(
Josh has clarified that the cover was sadly killed off as a result of "some changes from Sony regarding required assets on coversheets." It does sound like ESRB ratings might become a mandatory element with future releases. Also, the two founders are apparently uncertain how to tackle the fate of the scrapped 32X variant. Douglas stated on their forum that they "might do a slip cover or just put it up online for everyone to print themselves" whereas Josh claimed they weren't "allowed to directly share high-res printable assets that utilize Sony branding and are not approved."

Something tells me that I wasn't part of the group that's getting the Ys Origins Variant Cover 😭.
Josh has clarified that the cover was sadly killed off as a result of "some changes from Sony regarding required assets on coversheets." It does sound like ESRB ratings might become a mandatory element with future releases. Also, the two founders are apparently uncertain how to tackle the fate of the scrapped 32X variant. Douglas stated on their forum that they "might do a slip cover or just put it up online for everyone to print themselves" whereas Josh claimed they weren't "allowed to directly share high-res printable assets that utilize Sony branding and are not approved."
Wow so the problem is the ESRB? Dang. They have to add the ratings now right?

Well at least I won't have to worry about trying to order the variant cover now.

t26

They just have to release 32x cover without play station logo. After that I am sure some fan will add them back.

I saw the latest LRG announcement and I will skip it again- they do not seem interesting to me. I don't want to play "rogue" games, procedural games, or anime games. That takes out 75% of their catalog lately.
The last game I got was Wonder Boy. And I tried to get Night Trap, but of course not enough were made and it was instantly sold out.

Dang, thanks for the heads up. Here I thought flame in the flood was going to be like rime or an adventure game. Not really interested in roguelikes.

This is me when I'm holding my two Shantae LRG games.
giphy.gif

erlim

yes, that talented of a member

That's weird, I was able to get Night Trap, but wonderboy sold out immidiately when I tried to buy it.

zeopower6

That's weird, I was able to get Night Trap, but wonderboy sold out immidiately when I tried to buy it.

Wonder Boy was my first purchase since I had been looking forward to it for a while but have followed LRG roughly for a whiiiile now and I got it but was surprised that things sold out within like 100 seconds during second batch.

NR1

Got 29 tickets in hand-- only 11 to go for my free upcoming title reward!

Still need the following orders delivered with their tickets too:

Ys ORGINS
ASDIVINE HEARTS
LAWBREAKERS
WONDER BOY
SKULLGIRLS 2ND ENCORE

Plus, CALADRIUS BLAZE and FLAME IN THE FLOOD this Friday.

4 MORE TO GO!

mosaic

go eat paint
But will Skullgirls 2nd Encore ship before Shenmue 3 is finished?

How about Duke Nukem Forever? (Don't answer that last one).

A new side-scrolling project, Mecho Tales, from developer Arcade Distillery (Plague Road) was quietly confirmed for a physical PS4/Vita edition courtesy of LRG.
Yuck lol

LRG's standards for picking games can be pretty low sometimes.
Yep!^^

Got 29 tickets in hand-- only 11 to go for my free upcoming title reward!

Still need the following orders delivered with their tickets too:

Ys ORGINS
ASDIVINE HEARTS
LAWBREAKERS
WONDER BOY
SKULLGIRLS 2ND ENCORE

Plus, CALADRIUS BLAZE and FLAME IN THE FLOOD this Friday.

4 MORE TO GO!
"Free"

Lol

Dyna

That Mecho Tales game's graphics makes me feel sick, yikes... Is there still any word on the VA-11 Hall-A release? Doesn't look like the Vita version is out yet on the PS Store.

Don't forget that "Shadow Warrior 2" launches in less than 3 hours. Please reference the countdown clocks on the respective product pages or opening post in this thread as necessary. As always, don't wait for an e-mail reminder with this partnership batch as they'll sell out quick between the 1,000 single variant copies and 85 bundles with the original SRG run. This title isn't officially part of the LRG collection and I wouldn't expect a reward ticket from these orders based on their lack of appearance in the "Strafe" shipments as well.

Jimm

Don't forget that "Shadow Warrior 2" launches in less than 3 hours. Please reference the countdown clocks on the respective product pages or opening post in this thread as necessary. As always, don't wait for an e-mail reminder with this partnership batch as they'll sell out quick between the 1,000 single variant copies and 85 bundles with the original SRG run. This title isn't officially part of the LRG collection and I wouldn't expect a reward ticket from these orders based on their lack of appearance in the "Strafe" shipments as well.

Thanks for the reminder. Really want one but its currently midnight and it goes on sale at 2am here.
Going to be upset if i stay up and don't get one! haha

FC Bayern

That's by far the fastest I've seen anything on LRG ever sell out. Wasn't even a minute, didn't even get half way into the checkout.

Weevilone

Don't know how anyone could be fast enough for the 85 copy bs today. I was as streamlined as I get and I barely got the normal one.

Anddd it's gone. Fine. Scalpers life for me. So shit that a game as big as Shadow Warrior 2 has so little physical copies. I'd have got one from SRG but they didn't ship to Australia. Annoying. Ah well.

Wow... that's unusual. What's the reasoning behind that?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Will Shadow Warriror get a second batch?
If not fuck! :p
There's no second batch later tonight. This isn't an LRG numbered release so they made sure to not have it on their regular day (Friday), regular times (10am and 6pm ET), or 2 batches.

Top Bottom