• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

For anyone who missed out on Shadow Warrior, this "fellow collector" has got you covered for a measly $199 (and $65 (!) standard international shipping). ;-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Special-Res...rior-2-Collection-PS4-Cover-Set-/263200907370

Fellow Collector said:
I am a fellow collector and I know how to safely care for, store, pack, and ship so that it arrives to YOU in excellent condition.

Wonder how he's going to "safely care for it", when the disc arrives loose at his place.

Ventara

Wait, isn't this Eternity's Child? A game that was infamous for being one of the few really bad games on Steam back when that was an exception and not a common-place thing.

Same developer? Edit: same artist, at least.

Yikes, this new game looks and play very closely to that one. I really hope it's much better. I was just making a little fun of it since it's laughable to think it's one of the best looking games up there with Odin Sphere and Killzone: Mercenary (or anywhere close), but if it's bad too, that would be disappointing. And funny considering how much the dev hypes it up.

mosaic

go eat paint
Anddd it's gone. Fine. Scalpers life for me. So shit that a game as big as Shadow Warrior 2 has so little physical copies. I'd have got one from SRG but they didn't ship to Australia. Annoying. Ah well.
They're pretty knaff for shipping to armed forces APOS/FPOS also. Someone needs to tell them it's JUST LIKE SHIPPING IN THE USA.

Clive

If LRG starts doing long boxes (I love those) then I hope they will factor in that they need to be sent in a cardboard box with bubble wrap or similar around them. Don't send those in a padded envelope, ever.

JDH

Just wanted to add my good vibes for the longboxes. If it's a success (which it will be) I hope they look into other systems for preservation sake such as high quality jewel cases (for PSone/Dreamcast replacements) and Turbografx style Hu card cases (basically a jewel case with a Hu slot instead of CD) stuff like that.

Hey all.

I've recently 'released' my jumbo hold order I put together over the relentless summer period. Can anyone tell me which of these games are yet to go out at all? I know that Lawbreakers was one title that had production delays, but I'm just trying to figure on what else I might have to wait for before the crate of games is shipped.

Waiting on:

Bard's Gold (Vita and PS4)
Rive (PS4)
Jotun (PS4)
Neurovoider (PS4)
Drive! Drive! Drive! (PS4)
Oceanhorn (Vita and PS4)
Wonderboy (PS4)
Lawbreakers (PS4)
The Bunker (PS4)
Night Trap (PS4)
N++ (PS4)
Lili LE (PS4)

Thanks!

Whats the word on this?

I'm waiting on a large 10+ bundle as well. Are some of these games not produced yet?

Shinriji

Just wanted to add my good vibes for the longboxes. If it's a success (which it will be) I hope they look into other systems for preservation sake such as high quality jewel cases (for PSone/Dreamcast replacements) and Turbografx style Hu card cases (basically a jewel case with a Hu slot instead of CD) stuff like that.

I could buy some of PS1 double CD jewel cases. Finding one in good condition is quite hard nowadays.

For replacing PS1 cases, I tend to use older cd cases since they're usually around the same quality. I can usually find them for free or very cheap, and while they're not mint (usually), they're nice enough that they wouldn't look out of place next to the rest of my collection.

Hucard cases would be nice too, though at this point I'm really only missing cases/manuals for Bloody Wolf or Ordyne (Air Zonk too, but I'd need to make a custom case for that one).

Weevilone

LRG needs some escalation process for support. I saw Josh brushing someone off b/c he doesn't do support, and therefore doesn't know what's going on with a ticket.

If support cases are lingering for 3-4 weeks then the customer needs some outlet to escalate that case. As it is, just the owners brushing it off on Twitter.

Olengie

LRG needs some escalation process for support. I saw Josh brushing someone off b/c he doesn't do support, and therefore doesn't know what's going on with a ticket.

If support cases are lingering for 3-4 weeks then the customer needs some outlet to escalate that case. As it is, just the owners brushing it off on Twitter.

Sometimes support isn't much of a help anyway

Moofers

Good grief, they just need to stop offering the order holds. Sounds like they are way more headache than they are worth. Half of what I see from them on Twitter is groaning related to customer service issues, so clearly its time to simplify things for themselves.

Whats the word on this?

I'm waiting on a large 10+ bundle as well. Are some of these games not produced yet?
I believe all those titles have finally been shipped out with the sole exception being LawBreakers. A decent indication to see whether something has become readily available would be checking out auction listings on eBay for actual photos of the product.

hawk2025

The Tachyon Project Vita box... is the most adorable thing ever.

I hope LRG does mini-boxes for any upcoming Vita LEs like this.

Got my Tachyon LE aswell. So much quality (content, packaging, shipping) for such a little price. I really love the attention to detail, with the embossed box or the protection sleeve around it. They really care for their own games, something I rarely see today.

Other companies should take a note.

My Lili arrived yesterday. The cover is lovely but the text layout on the back leaves something to be desired. That's something I've noticed with a few LRG games. Do we know if they do the design for the covers internally or outsource it? Sometimes they're great and some time it's microscopic text, in an illegible font, against a background color the text will blend into.

My Lili arrived yesterday. The cover is lovely but the text layout on the back leaves something to be desired. That's something I've noticed with a few LRG games. Do we know if they do the design for the covers internally or outsource it? Sometimes they're great and some time it's microscopic text, in an illegible font, against a background color the text will blend into.

Josh's 12yo nephew does the covers.

(Yeah, they need a better designer for most of their covers. Some are just amateur hour.)

hawk2025

Got my Tachyon LE aswell. So much quality (content, packaging, shipping) for such a little price. I really love the attention to detail, with the embossed box or the protection sleeve around it. They really care for their own games, something I rarely see today.

Other companies should take a note.

Also helps that the game is lots of fun.

Oh, and this is a new version with a platinum trophy, unlike the digital one. even though there's only 2000 copies each.

Take note indeed :)

on topic, the LRG cover design has been largely amazing IMO. There are some truly fantastic ones like N++ and Wonderboy, too, that IMO are some of the all-time greats in boxart.

I think the back is relatively less important, but agree that in some cases it should be given an extra pass of care.

Shadio

Oh, and this is a new version with a platinum trophy, unlike the digital one. even though there's only 2000 copies each.

I love how they've been adding platinum trophies to all the games that didn't have one when they do their limited releases. It's a shame LRG hasn't been doing that, aside from Soldner which was also an Eastasiasoft thing.

Also helps that the game is lots of fun.

Take note indeed :).

Wow, didn't know that. Even better! Is a new build required for adding such a thing to the game? If so, that's something I wished other devs would do for certain LRG games to get all patches and other stuff on the cartridge.

Shizuka

LRGSupport‏ @LrgSupport 4h
If you are experiencing an issue w/a ticket older than a week without an update, please DM me your ticket number so that it can be resolved.

https://twitter.com/LrgSupport/status/907619767099576320

And nothing. I'm not sure if the customer support is really the worse I've ever had to deal with my entire life or if I'm being purposedly singled out because of something I must've said in the past.

And nothing. I'm not sure if the customer support is really the worse I've ever had to deal with my entire life or if I'm being purposedly singled out because of something I must've said in the past.

Maybe you should change your avatar to the LRG logo and do some more brown-nosing on here indeed.

On a serious note: you're a paying customer like the rest of us. I don't believe they would single you out and treat you extra poorly. Also, far worse stuff has likely been said about LRG on here or elsewhere than anything you may or may not have posted.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/908042612090818560

Windjammers confirmed.

Aside from the fact this is awesome news in and of itself... start of a partnership with SNK too?

Tweet says "...exclusively at LRG". Play-Asia release confirmed? ;-)

Top Bottom