• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

And nothing. I'm not sure if the customer support is really the worse I've ever had to deal with my entire life or if I'm being purposedly singled out because of something I must've said in the past.

Have you tried sending them messages on CAG and the mighty rabbit LRG forums as well?

There's no way in hell you should be having to do this but at this point that's all i can think of.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
And nothing. I'm not sure if the customer support is really the worse I've ever had to deal with my entire life or if I'm being purposedly singled out because of something I must've said in the past.

Sheesh. C'mon LRG.
This is someone who's been here since the start.

I know for a fact you aren't being singled out, not sure what the problem is.

DM me @limitedrundoug your ticket number and I can bump the team to make it a priority.

Dare to dream. Physical vita carts of MOTW and SSV would be amazing. Still, even if not, I'm all over this anyway. Made my day.

Yeah, I'm very happy about this announcement in itself (I waited on buying it thinking it was a likely grab for LRG) but the thought of being able to get Garou/Last Blade/SamSho as well.

*drool*

How come game announcements like Windjammers doesn't show up on LRG's website under news? In fact, the news hasn't been updated in awhile. You would think they would have all these key announcements on their own site somewhere.

How come game announcements like Windjammers doesn't show up on LRG's website under news? In fact, the news hasn't been updated in awhile. You would think they would have all these key announcements on their own site somewhere.

They prefer to do the announcements on their social media. It's how they've been working from the very beginning, and to great succes. Few people would actually visit their website to read the news section anyway.

It is under news?

Yeah just verified.

Ah it wasn't there earlier when it was Tweeted. It must have been added afterward. Still, haven't you had more announcements since July 27th?

They prefer to do the announcements on their social media. It's how they've been working from the very beginning, and to great succes. Few people would actually visit their website to read the news section anyway.

The thing is if you want to find just announcements, you'd have to parse through so much of their Twitter and weed out that information among everything else. It would be nice if their key announcements were listed in one place. At the very minimum, every time they announce a game.

The thing is if you want to find just announcements, you'd have to parse through so much of their Twitter and weed out that information among everything else. It would be nice if their key announcements were listed in one place. At the very minimum, every time they announce a game.

Agreed, but you won't find that in the news section of their website either. They got some random stuff like interviews they did on there as well.

There's always the OP of this thread, I guess.

Windjammers is huge. But I don't know if I need a CE for that game. Hopefully we learn more about the content near in the future - and what they are actually look like.

EmiPrime

My held items finally shipped today and if the email is accurate they've shipped the wrong format for one of the games. I really don't have the energy to deal with this right now. :(

What's the difference between the two? Additional content?

A significant number of changes exist between Samurai Shodown V and Samurai Shodown V Special. Among them, the characters Sankuro and Yumeji were replaced with Samurai Shodown boss, Amakusa Shiro Tokisada, and Samurai Shodown III boss, Zankuro Minazuki. Also, the hidden character Poppy was replaced with Samurai Shodown II boss, Rashoujin Mizuki, and was playable without the need of a hidden code.

In addition to the roster change, many graphics and sound changes were made to give the game a fresh feel, even though most of the returning characters used their old voices, dating from Samurai Shodown IV. Existing Samurai Shodown V character stages were modified, and new stages were made for the arrival of Amakusa, Zankuro, and Mizuki.

This game also received many gameplay tweaks, making this version much more balanced than its predecessor. However, the biggest gameplay change was the introduction of the Zetsumei Ougi, or the Overkill Move. When performed correctly, it instantly ends the match for its victim, regardless of how much life he/she has remaining. This concept is similar to that of the Guilty Gear series, except that the conditions for the move are much stricter. The character must be in a rage, and the opponent's life must be below the point where they could have entered Concentration One, introduced in Samurai Shodown V as a special slow motion mode powered up by meditating (holding D while standing still). The start-up motion is the same for each character, but if it hits the attacking character, it can finish off their victim in their own unique fashion.

In addition to the overkill moves, generic fatality effects from Samurai Shodown IV were brought back for this game, such as being slashed in half horizontally. New fatality effects were also added, such as being split in half vertically with the victim drenching their opponent in blood. In addition, Nakoruru and Rimururu, who were both made "immune" to fatal effects in Samurai Shodown III and Samurai Shodown IV, are able to experience these fatal effects at the end of the match, and in some situations, they scream violently. This combination of violent acts in Samurai Shodown V Special generated much controversy and resulted in SNKP censoring the Neo Geo AES cartridge shortly after the Sasebo slashing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Shodown_V_Special

Shizuka

Update: the LRG Support Twitter replied to my DM and let me know that the package was shipped today. Finally, it's on its way here, but after going through everything I did, I'm not sure I'm in the mood for celebration, specially knowing that I had other games being held after this package and if I'm going through all of this again, I'll just explode.

In the end, I don't advise against buying games from Limited Run Games, buy the games you want from them (even though the customer support is... whelp), but definitely think twice before using the hold shipment service. Thrice. Many times. If you can, just pay for the shipping, it'll save you a lot of time and spare you a headache in the future.

Update: the LRG Support Twitter replied to my DM and let me know that the package was shipped today. Finally, it's on its way here, but after going through everything I did, I'm not sure I'm in the mood for celebration, specially knowing that I had other games being held after this package and if I'm going through all of this again, I'll just explode.

In the end, I don't advise against buying games from Limited Run Games, buy the games you want from them (even though the customer support is... whelp), but definitely think twice before using the hold shipment service. Thrice. Many times. If you can, just pay for the shipping, it'll save you a lot of time and spare you a headache in the future.

So did they end up sending you replacements for all the games that got lost? I remember you had some games from a while ago.

Olengie

they shipped it today? I thought it was shipped a while ago. :/

Edit: Damn, I'm starting to think I imagined this. I can't find it mentioned anywhere.
Edit 2: Sorry, I'm removing this. I can't find the interview or statement I remember. I don't want to be responsible for some BS rumor.

Mzo

I am so down for replacement longboxes. That's been a dream project for myself and some friends, great to hear someone's really getting it done.

Fuck me. Windjammers? And possible physical Samurai Shodown V Special, Mark of the Wolves, and Last blade 2? Gotta buy ALL OF THOSE. I got Ys Origins and Skullgirls, but shit those would tickle me pickle far more than the standard stuff. Don't limit it to 4000 please. Those need at least 10,000. There's a lot of neo fans and fighting game fans in general that are gonna lap those up.

Seik

Banned
Just saying for people who wanted a physical Wonderboy on Switch, because I remember there was a couple asking here including myself.

There is a Asia physical version that was announced, I just pre-ordered it on Play-Asia! Multi-language and all.

I think they can probably estimate well enough. Their initial Ys estimates were incredibly close to what actually ended up being sold. Gonna try to get one!

I know that they mentioned that pre-orders would only be for larger titles. I just hope this is a larger title. Ys benefited from a good Asian physical release. Windjammers has no such fail safe and so it feels more like a Night Trap situation. Heck, even Wonder Boy sold out in the blink of an eye and that had a competent, good-looking Asian physical release. I just feel like this is gonna be "one of those".

Think I'm going to pass on tomorrow's releases. May change my mind last minute though. Sort of like what happened with Rive (which I now regret because of the more appealing Asian release)

Already own Caladrius Blaze's Asian release, so there's that.
And I've watched a 1 hour+ gameplay video of The Flame in the Flood last week on YT. Don't think it's a game I would play a whole lot. I do tend to enjoy roguelikes. Had a lot of fun with Flame Over for example. Would love a physical release of that one too. But this game here, while definitely stylish doesn't seem like it would keep my attention all that long. The crafting mechanic, from what I've seen in that video, looked a bit clunky too. Shame, because I like the art style, and that cover art LRG came up with this time around is actually very appealing.

Olengie

Think I'm going to pass on tomorrow's releases. May change my mind last minute though. Sort of like what happened with Rive (which I now regret because of the more appealing Asian release)

Already own Caladrius Blaze's Asian release, so there's that.
And I've watched a 1 hour+ gameplay video of The Flame in the Flood last week on YT. Don't think it's a game I would play a whole lot. I do tend to enjoy roguelikes. Had a lot of fun with Flame Over for example. Would love a physical release of that one too. But this game here, while definitely stylish doesn't seem like it would keep my attention all that long. The crafting mechanic, from what I've seen in that video, looked a bit clunky too. Shame, because I like the art style, and that cover art LRG came up with this time around is actually very appealing.

I'm passing too. I already have the Asia Eng of Caladrius Blaze a year ago.

Moofers

Totally down for Caladrius Blaze and I'm happy I didn't buy the asian version a few months back when I first heard of it.

Any updates on Skullgirls? I don't even know where to go to check anymore. I bought the Vita version.

Olengie

Totally down for Caladrius Blaze and I'm happy I didn't buy the asian version a few months back when I first heard of it.

Any updates on Skullgirls? I don't even know where to go to check anymore. I bought the Vita version.

PS4 ver is in production and might come in time for Late September.

PS Vita ver is still in the Testing process

Top Bottom