• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Shizuka

So did they end up sending you replacements for all the games that got lost? I remember you had some games from a while ago.

they shipped it today? I thought it was shipped a while ago. :/

Either the order got lost or they didn't ship when they said they did. I'm almost positive it's the latter, because the first tracking code never worked and they never mentioned "replacements" when they answered to my tickets.

Olengie

Either the order got lost or they didn't ship when they said they did. I'm almost positive it's the latter, because the first tracking code never worked and they never mentioned "replacements" when they answered to my tickets.

I find it funny that sometimes when I ask a seller if they actually shipped my item, I suddenly get tracking info. They totally forgot about it until I mentioned it. ><

mollipen

I don't understand what you mean here. Could you elaborate?

Most of the SNK games that have been coming to consoles lately are through Hamster, who are basically taking older arcade ROMs, getting them working on the console as part of a large series of releases, and calling it a day.

DotEmu (together with Code Mystics), meanwhile, are making the games more "fleshed out" in terms of giving them additional options, online play, and whatever. As opposed to what you might think of being like Virtual Console release in terms of what Hamster does, they're more complexly-produced stand-along "games".

It makes more sense for LRG to be looking to what DotEmu has releases for physical versions, because of them feeling like more fleshed-out stand-alone titles, as well as because they are on both PS4 and Vita. Windjammers is one of the games that got this treatment, as is Mark of the Wolves, Last Blade 2, and Metal Slug 3 (I don't think there are any other SNK titles out by them).

At the end of the day, I don't know that there's any technical difference between putting one of DotEmu's SNK releases onto a disc/cart and putting one of Hamster's ACA releases, but there seems to be even if for no other reason than the "feel" of the releases. So, I would not at all expect LRG to touch anything beyond what DotEmu has done, which would give us the small selection above.

Shizuka

I find it funny that sometimes when I ask a seller if they actually shipped my item, I suddenly get tracking info. They totally forgot about it until I mentioned it. ><

They did generate a tracking code after my first ticket in August, but they only shipped the actual package yesterday.

Shizuka

hate it when that happens. For your case, I would be incredibly annoyed which I assume you are.

I mean, I had just contacted them a month and a half after I asked them to ship my held order and all they did was generate another tracking code. Yeah, pretty annoyed. Like I said, I'll be satisfied once I get my games, but this whole ordeal will make me think twice before ordering games that are not readily available at their store or even using the hold shipment service ever again.

Agent X

Most of the SNK games that have been coming to consoles lately are through Hamster, who are basically taking older arcade ROMs, getting them working on the console as part of a large series of releases, and calling it a day.

DotEmu (together with Code Mystics), meanwhile, are making the games more "fleshed out" in terms of giving them additional options, online play, and whatever. As opposed to what you might think of being like Virtual Console release in terms of what Hamster does, they're more complexly-produced stand-along "games".

It makes more sense for LRG to be looking to what DotEmu has releases for physical versions, because of them feeling like more fleshed-out stand-alone titles, as well as because they are on both PS4 and Vita. Windjammers is one of the games that got this treatment, as is Mark of the Wolves, Last Blade 2, and Metal Slug 3 (I don't think there are any other SNK titles out by them).

At the end of the day, I don't know that there's any technical difference between putting one of DotEmu's SNK releases onto a disc/cart and putting one of Hamster's ACA releases, but there seems to be even if for no other reason than the "feel" of the releases. So, I would not at all expect LRG to touch anything beyond what DotEmu has done, which would give us the small selection above.

I understand now. I was confused when you said Metal Slug 3 was "the one game to come out in the way that Windjammers did", and didn't get the context. I thought you were referring to all of the NeoGeo games, rather than specifically the games in the Metal Slug series. Thanks for clearing that up.

I did pick up MS3 as a digital download, as well as Last Blade 2 and Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and they're all great. I haven't gotten Windjammers or Samurai Shodown V Special yet, but if they're going to have physical releases (which we now know will occur with Windjammers, at least), then I'd consider getting them that way.

Desty86

Neo Member
Does anyone know if and when Night Trap was shipped? Have bought the FMV Friday Bundle, but still no shipping confirmation. I found no information on the website.

Does anyone know if and when Night Trap was shipped? Have bought the FMV Friday Bundle, but still no shipping confirmation. I found no information on the website.

I checked mine and it was shipped on August 30th, delivered on September 1st. Standard PS4 version, ordered with The Bunker.

The only orders I'm still waiting on (besides Skullgirls) are Wonder Boy/LawBreakers and Ys Origin/Asdivine Hearts, all PS4.

I'm in the US.

PC version shipping "sometime in September" is probably holding it up. I got PS4 version weeks ago I don't think they've started sending PC out yet.

Desty86

Neo Member
I checked mine and it was shipped on August 30th, delivered on September 1st. Standard PS4 version, ordered with The Bunker.

The only orders I'm still waiting on (besides Skullgirls) are Wonder Boy/LawBreakers and Ys Origin/Asdivine Hearts, all PS4.

I'm in the US.

Thanks for all quick answers. Have unfortunately not seen the PC version has not yet been shipped. Logically, the FMV bundle is also not.

So, only Skullgirls, Wonder Boy / LawBreakers and Ys Origin / Asdivine Hearts are missing. Were there any updates to Skullgirls outside the website (LRG Update # 4)?

No, your order had been shipped out before and was lost.

When it comes to international orders we have to wait a bit before immediately doing a replacement. We usually ask for 60 days as that is what the post office has told us to do since we started the company. 30 days for domestic.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Caladrius in! Got worried because before it popped up as available, it was listed as "sold out" on the games page for a second :x

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
And now they are all sold out for reals! Wow, 3 mins! Despite a lot of people saying they imported Caladrius, yeah I figured it would go fast anyways, like any other previous import title. (There's always a demand for non-Asian region titles!)

lunch_box

Anyone from UK received their night Trap games?? Mine were supposedly shipped about 2 plus weeks ago, along with my held copy of wonderboy. When I check the tracking the details provided, it just shows the same thing "on way to carriers international base" this status has not changed since I had the dispatch notification.

I've tried that ticketing system but no reply as if yet!

Thanks in advance

oldmario

Got my Caladrius in! Got worried because before it popped up as available, it was listed as "sold out" on the games page for a second :x

got mine too, i don't know if it's just me but i usually have to refresh a couple times before it actually pops up the add to cart button usually whenever i order from LRG

Jimm

This is so fucked. I was getting PayPal errors because of my "inactivity" while I was waiting in line.
This is the third game I've missed out on because of this new system in shopify where it doesn't keep my order in the cart.

Fuck round 2 I'm just going to buy the Asian version for cheaper.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
got mine too, i don't know if it's just me but i usually have to refresh a couple times before it actually pops up the add to cart button usually whenever i order from LRG

Yeah that's why I go to the other page to check there for a refresh, instead of just hitting F5 on the order page over and over. I wasn't too worried on this one selling in seconds, so I didn't have 2 windows open this time.

Conezays

Just wanted to confirm that my CE of Night Trap arrived in great condition. As I'm in Canada, I guess the box it was in is standard for shipping outside of the US. Cheers! Looking forward to the Ys Origin CE coming. :)

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Just wanted to confirm that my CE of Night Trap arrived in great condition. As I'm in Canada, I guess the box it was in is standard for shipping outside of the US. Cheers! Looking forward to the Ys Origin CE coming. :)

And on the other end of the spectrum, I finally received my Wonder Boy CE but it arrived with a dented box. Now I'm out 10 bux sending it back for a replacement. Shipping box was undamaged but the product box has dents. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Quixzlizx

I don't need this Caladrius Blaze if I already have the Asian English version, right? There are no differences other than it being a LRG release?

hawk2025

Damn, LRG, you didn't let me cancel the two extra copies of N++ I got in the cart by accident, and you don't even add in one trading card for each? :(

hawk2025

This is such a great pair of releases.

Flame in the Flood is great, and I'm ready for Caladrius after beating Ghost Blade... maybe 10 times?

Shizuka

No, your order had been shipped out before and was lost.

When it comes to international orders we have to wait a bit before immediately doing a replacement. We usually ask for 60 days as that is what the post office has told us to do since we started the company. 30 days for domestic.

The tracking code sent to me never worked from the get-go, which is why I didn't think it was lost in traffic. At least the new one started getting updates two days ago, so fingers crossed.

Top Bottom