• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

zeopower6

Didn't something similar happen with the Asian/Korean Ys Origin LE? That had a bigger (hardcover?) book and soundtrack so I would have loved to get that one instead had it been in English. I believe LRG reached an agreement where they would be no other English LE.

Yeah, this is probably super untrue, lol. At best, LRG just helped talk to the developers to confirm that there was no English LE like the ones Heavyarm was selling and it was Korean only.

What happened was...

Heavyarm tweeted about their LE and that they were selling it.
LRG replied saying that they talked to ASW, dotEmu, and the Korean publisher and they said nothing existed besides the Korean LE, with no plans for an "Asian LE".
Heavyarm said their distributor said it was true.
LRG said to let them know who the distributor was because it didn't make sense.
Then a few weeks pass and Heavyarm says their distributor basically lied to them about that release and nothing like the Korean LE was being released in any other language so all orders were 'canceled' for that.

I agree, it was a good Q&A.

For example: sometimes I forget that they are prepaying custom fees, atleast for my country (Germany), so the shipping price has to go up (15$ in my case). Good thing he mentioned that again.

I agree, it was a good Q&A.

For example: sometimes I forget that they are prepaying custom fees, atleast for my country (Germany), so the shipping price has to go up (15$ in my case). Good thing he mentioned that again.

It seems now you forget that even before they prepaid VAT they charged $15 for shipping a single Vita case (which weighs next to nothing) to Germany. :)

Them prepaying VAT finally makes shipping fees 'acceptable' tbh, at least to people in countries who they had overpaying for shipping from the get-go. Let's not make it sound like LRG is cutting international customers an incredibly sweet deal here. :)

Na I didn't forget about that part and I always said it was way too expensive in comparison back then. It's just like that I have that still on my mind sometimes. But I can live with the costs now since they are prepaying customs. It saves me alot of trouble.

Still not the best solution, Play-Asia for example offers something similar, just a bit cheaper, but okay enough.

Na I didn't forget about that part and I always said it was way too expensive in comparison back then. It's just like that I have that still on my mind sometimes. But I can live with the costs now since they are prepaying customs. It saves me alot of trouble.

Still not the best solution, Play-Asia for example offers something similar, just a bit cheaper, but okay enough.

Likewise. Over here we don't have to drive to the customs office to declare our packages, but it's troublesome still to have to deal with packages where VAT is due. Customs will hold back our packages at least a week, even if they have all the paperwork.

I don't mind paying for shipping (or paying VAT for that matter), but for the money you get charged, you oftentimes get a "service" hardly worthy of that name.

Should I have received my Night Trap by now (I'm in the UK)?

Haven't been following this thread in a while so no idea if they went out weeks or ago or what.

After all the complaints about LRG's customer service from people here a couple of weeks ago, I think it's only fair to highlight my positive experience.

My Jotun arrived with a broken case (artwork and disc were fine). I put in a support ticket. They got back to me in less than 48 hrs. Emily dealt with my issue most of the way and then Justin took over at the end to handle the shipment part of it. Emily walked me through the various options and was very professional and friendly. In the end, I asked if LRG could send me a blank PS4 case (since the art and disc were undamaged). She said that woudn't be a problem and transferred the ticket over to Justin, who sent me a tracking number. It did take a few weeks to actually ship after that, and weather issues delayed it further (obviously not LRG's fault), but it got here. Overall, I'm very pleased. Excellent, speedy, reliable, courteous, professional service all around.

On another note, my N++ arrived yesterday and I'm happy that extras were included in the case - it makes for a nice, stacked release that feels special.

Yeah, this is probably super untrue, lol. At best, LRG just helped talk to the developers to confirm that there was no English LE like the ones Heavyarm was selling and it was Korean only.

What happened was...

Heavyarm tweeted about their LE and that they were selling it.
LRG replied saying that they talked to ASW, dotEmu, and the Korean publisher and they said nothing existed besides the Korean LE, with no plans for an "Asian LE".
Heavyarm said their distributor said it was true.
LRG said to let them know who the distributor was because it didn't make sense.
Then a few weeks pass and Heavyarm says their distributor basically lied to them about that release and nothing like the Korean LE was being released in any other language so all orders were 'canceled' for that.

I can confirm 100% that we didn't stop any version from coming. Yes, our agreements do say we get the exclusive on releasing first or at the very least an English version. But in the case of Ys, all we did was reach out to see if there was another version with English.

I don't think anyone will have trouble getting VA11 HALL-A, it's our biggest Vita run ever as of right now. There is only 1 other surpassing it that isn't finalized yet.

You're basing this on what? Got any proof you can link or are we taking another detour into baseless complaints?

Shooting in the dark

Yeah, this is probably super untrue, lol.

What happened was...

I can confirm 100% that we didn't stop any version from coming. Yes, our agreements do say we get the exclusive on releasing first or at the very least an English version. But in the case of Ys, all we did was reach out to see if there was another version with English.

I'm speculating off the tweets which is why I said I believe and didn't state it as a matter of fact. Am I sure that is the case? No, but some assurances could have been made (no other English release before yours, etc) since I'm sure LRG doesn't want another Ghost Blade situation. It could be similar with Valhalla.

Yeah I guess it wasn't completely baseless or super untrue. I understand why you would make sure to have that agreement but it will be unfortunate if it does cause fewer imports to have English as an option in the future.

NDPsycho

Yeah I guess it wasn't completely baseless or super untrue. I understand why you would make sure to have that agreement but it will be unfortunate if it does cause fewer imports to have English as an option in the future.

Huh? You claimed they prevented it from coming out. They said they had nothing to do with it. You're really stretching to try and not be completely wrong here. Releasing first doesn't mean only.

hawk2025

Claiming LRG is being shady with no evidence is... weird. Please don't. They've clarified and saved people from pre-ordering a product that DIDN'T EXIST, and this is somehow being framed as them blocking a release? C'mon.

Speaking of Ghost Blade, any more news on that?

Olengie

Few Imports had English Subs to begin with. We're just lucky if they actually come with it

How about news on Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds? :p

Clive

I'm just here to beg for the M2 ShotTriggers games. Assuming they eventually get NA releases.

These games just need to happen. Battle Garegga is simply too expensive these days, Sorcer Striker was only on some obscure Japanese console outside arcades and Dangun Feveron has never seen a home port to my knowledge. These games deserve better. Ketsui can be imported for the region free PS3 so it's less urgent but I wouldn't mind double dipping for that game either tbh since it's absolutely fantastic.

Also, if someone is near BEEP in Akiba for TGS I'd appreciate if they signed one of these for me.

So biggest Vita run ever means > 5k, right? (One Way Heroics). Or am I forgetting something?

Still, great news.

Also, gonna be a bit of a dick here but
I thought Vita owners had all switched because that one run a while ago didn't sell out instantly, right? ;)

oldmario

So biggest Vita run ever means > 5k, right? (One Way Heroics). Or am I forgetting something?

Still, great news.

Also, gonna be a bit of a dick here but
I thought Vita owners had all switched because that one run a while ago didn't sell out instantly, right? ;)

Stranger's Wrath had 5.5k according to wikipedia, which includes the blue variant too

zeopower6

I wonder if because of the lack of releases this month besides Caladrius/Flame... will October be jampacked? Quite a few of the titles from E3 still have yet to come out. :p

zeopower6

Battle Garegga Rev.2016 Product Details

Release (Japan): 12/15/2016 (Please wait for upcoming announcements regarding other countries.)

Seeing as how it's about 9 months since this was mentioned, maybe more info will come out as a year looms closer, lol.

I kind of liked the large amount of releases in Augst.

jtkauff

My Jotun arrived with a broken case (artwork and disc were fine). I put in a support ticket. They got back to me in less than 48 hrs. Emily dealt with my issue most of the way and then Justin took over at the end to handle the shipment part of it. Emily walked me through the various options and was very professional and friendly. In the end, I asked if LRG could send me a blank PS4 case (since the art and disc were undamaged). She said that woudn't be a problem and transferred the ticket over to Justin, who sent me a tracking number. It did take a few weeks to actually ship after that, and weather issues delayed it further (obviously not LRG's fault), but it got here. Overall, I'm very pleased. Excellent, speedy, reliable, courteous, professional service all around.

Huh, I had a similar issue a few weeks ago - my Wonder Boy came with a damaged case (the spindle no longer hold the game well, it basically just falls back off) and cover (some slight creasing and a puncture), though the game was fine. Seemed to me that it was manufacturing damage and not shipping damage (though it could have been either, I support). I put in a ticket to see if they had replacements and was basically given a short apology and then told I was fortunate the game works fine, and then they closed the ticket.

I'm sure I have another PS4 game that I don't care much about that I can swap the case with, but the response still did irk me somewhat. It did also surprise me that they don't have at least a small amount of extra cases/printed material for damage like this. I guess next time I need to spring for a box, though I can't think of another time I've had a case damaged in the mail like this.

Huh, I had a similar issue a few weeks ago - my Wonder Boy came with a damaged case (the spindle no longer hold the game well, it basically just falls back off) and cover (some slight creasing and a puncture), though the game was fine. Seemed to me that it was manufacturing damage and not shipping damage (though it could have been either, I support). I put in a ticket to see if they had replacements and was basically given a short apology and then told I was fortunate the game works fine, and then they closed the ticket.

I'm sure I have another PS4 game that I don't care much about that I can swap the case with, but the response still did irk me somewhat. It did also surprise me that they don't have at least a small amount of extra cases/printed material for damage like this. I guess next time I need to spring for a box, though I can't think of another time I've had a case damaged in the mail like this.
I think the difference is, my cover art was not damaged, so all I asked for was a blank PS4 case - an easy enough request to grant, I would imagine. I'm surprised they didn't allow you to send it back for an exchange. I didn't ask for or need that, so I don't know what they would have said.

Edit: Did you supply photographic proof? I imagine that helped my case as well, because they could see exactly what was damaged.

Weevilone

I think the difference is, my cover art was not damaged, so all I asked for was a blank PS4 case - an easy enough request to grant, I would imagine. I'm surprised they didn't allow you to send it back for an exchange. I didn't ask for or need that, so I don't know what they would have said.

Edit: Did you supply photographic proof? I imagine that helped my case as well, because they could see exactly what was damaged.

One of them asked me for photo proof of a damaged item (which I'll admit is a new one for me) but before I provided it, the other one said they didn't have anything to replace it with anyways, so don't bother.

Huh? You claimed they prevented it from coming out. They said they had nothing to do with it. You're really stretching to try and not be completely wrong here. Releasing first doesn't mean only.

That can be a result of that sort of agreement I talked about and not because LRG actively prevented another release, no? For example maybe there was an Asian LE planned but that was canceled because they didn't want to delay the game again to whenever they could release it per the agreement or change the release to take out the English subs. Maybe that Ghost Blade HD release from PA would have not have happened/been altered if that agreement was in place.

NDPsycho

That can be a result of that sort of agreement I talked about and not because LRG actively prevented another release, no? For example maybe there was an Asian LE planned but that was canceled because they didn't want to delay the game again to whenever they could release it per the agreement or change the release to take out the English subs. Maybe that Ghost Blade HD release from PA would have not have happened/been altered if that agreement was in place.

I'm actually fucking speechless here..going to stop now, this is stupid.

Top Bottom