• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer the fixed limited number. Also aren't the games already produced? They're not making them on order like Gaijinworks I believe

Shizuka

If the order number is related to the actual number of orders placed wouldn't people ordering multiple copies make it sell out way before order number 1500?

Glad I saw this thread btw, had my tab open all day but completely forgot about refreshing it. Got my order in.

Orders most likely began at number 1000, as the first people who ordered it (myself included) can vouch for.

I prefer the fixed limited number. Also aren't the games already produced? They're not making them on order like Gaijinworks I believe

They couldn't do it for this project, but they haven't ordered copies for future games yet other than SMRPG.

Moofers

I'm thinking of buying Breach & Clear, but I'm just not sure I want it. Its a totally blind purchase here, I haven't even seen footage or a single screenshot. I don't usually pay any mind to Metacritic, but a 55 average is a little damning. Can anyone provide some quick impressions?

Shizuka

I'm thinking of buying Breach & Clear, but I'm just not sure I want it. Its a totally blind purchase here, I haven't even seen footage or a single screenshot. I don't usually pay any mind to Metacritic, but a 55 average is a little damning. Can anyone provide some quick impressions?

Not fast enough before it sells out. It's not supposed to be the best game you'll ever play, but there is some fun to be had with the game.

Read fast!

Steam reviews seem to be a lot more positive, but I'm not sure how different the Vita version is

http://store.steampowered.com/app/266130/

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I'm so happy to see it seems to run so well. This endeavour really is a fantastic thing for everyone - collectors, players, game makers, and, if it sells out, certainly also Limited Run Games!

UCBooties

Can't buy because the site is blocked for me. I'm guessing they'll be gone by the time I get home. :-(

Sorry I can't support it but I love this initiative. Best of luck with these in the future LRG.

autoduelist

Yep, gonna add one to my order today for sure!

Wait, how did you add protective covers to an order?

Quick impressions? For a game about to sell out in 10 seconds? Sure --

Fun, flawed, more realistic but slightly simplified take on the Frozen Synapse/Door Kicker genre of turn based tactical assault. Far from perfect but still a lot of fun to be had if you get sucked in by the rpg-lite mechanics. Sure, you want it to be a little more robust in features [it feels a bit 'mobile' at times], but it's still addictive if you like the genre.

pros -- classes and perks are cool. the rpg stats are nice -- you can't max everything, so you end up with a diverse team. between that and some other features like the final 'kill shot' in a round being first person, it draws you in more than the rather 'bland' feeling frozen synapse, even if it isn't as robust in features.

cons -- missing some key features like easily being able to sync waypoints between units, etc. also, being 'in' a door far better than being 'behind a door'... basically, little quirks that you need to learn to work around. once you figure them out it's fine tho.

ihhUTFa.png

Megauap

Hope this awesome success means more physical games coming to Limited Run.
Would love to have some indie titles in my physical collection.
Although the international shipping cost is a bit high :S

Shizuka

Sold 1500 copies in less than two hours. If that's not impressive, I need to look up for the description of the word on the dictionary.

I hope this proves the Shovel Knight devs that Vita fans will buy a physical release. If an unknown game like B&C (no offense LRG) sells out in a day, imagine highly acclaimed Shovel Knight. 5000 copies easy. In fact, they should hire Limited Run Games to do it.

Congratz! Really wish I could have supported but the Canadian Dollar is in the crapper right now and B&C really isn't my type of game. It looks like you didn't need it though lol.

I'll be there minute one for Cosmic Star Heroine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom