• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Nintendo games getting physical releases, we've already been told that they most likely will not happen due to the minimum print size that Nintendo requires. There's also no way to make Nintendo games region free, so no matter what, some region would get screwed on them.

The minimum print problem is only an issue for Microsoft last I heard. Nintendo, at least for Wii U, allows for a "LRG sized" print but is not taking new Wii U retail publishers anymore.

mollipen

If we got anything from the Nintendo side, I'd love to see Rhythm Heaven Megamix. Sad how Nintendo so half-heartedly released that one.

There are still copies of Oddworld at PSX. Now may be a good time to befriend a GAFfer that's at the Convention. I posted the Attendee thread a few pages back.

wes-

There are still copies of Oddworld at PSX. Now may be a good time to befriend a GAFfer that's at the Convention. I posted the Attendee thread a few pages back.

Or you can find copies for a great price on Ebay..literally great..

I just can't help it to think about the fact that these people come to the Limited Run stand, maybe chatting it up a bit with merch on what a great job they are doing, then going home and put it straight on Ebay for 150 or more..

ephemeral

A friend of mine have been waiting for the Dragon Fantasy games to arrive, and it's been almost 3 months now, and she's getting worried that she lost her money. Is it safe to assume that they will arrive eventually? No replies to emails or messages either. We love what LRG is doing but not replying is not acceptable; a simple "We're working on it" would be more than enough.

What should we do?

A friend of mine have been waiting for the Dragon Fantasy games to arrive, and it's been almost 3 months now, and she's getting worried that she lost her money. Is it safe to assume that they will arrive eventually? No replies to emails or messages either. We love what LRG is doing but not replying is not acceptable; a simple "We're working on it" would be more than enough.

What should we do?
you're not getting any replies? I usually get a reply in a few days. I'm assuming you contacted orders@limitedrungames.com? Definitely try again, they'll fix it. The money is definitely not lost

Jimm

Any international people still waiting on Shantae? I'm getting kind of worried. Might send an email if it doesn't come this week.

What should we do?

- Email them
- PM them here on neoGAF
- tweet them asking for a reply
- try contacting them through other forums they're active on

And if nothing helps: file a PayPal dispute.

ephemeral

you're not getting any replies? I usually get a reply in a few days. I'm assuming you contacted orders@limitedrungames.com? Definitely try again, they'll fix it. The money is definitely not lost

They did reply fast the first two times, but since then there's been nothing but silence. Sounds like you're sure they'll solve it, let's hope you're right. Don't want to have to escalate the problem.

ephemeral

- Email them
- PM them here on neoGAF
- tweet them asking for a reply
- try contacting them through other forums they're active on

And if nothing helps: file a PayPal dispute.

Unfortunately PayPal wasn't used, just a regular Visa transaction. Already PM'd them here and on the mightyrabbit forum, and also tweeted them without any result.

I just can't help it to think about the fact that these people come to the Limited Run stand, maybe chatting it up a bit with merch on what a great job they are doing, then going home and put it straight on Ebay for 150 or more..

I don't see a problem with this, their business revolves around this concept.

Unfortunately PayPal wasn't used, just a regular Visa transaction. Already PM'd them here and on the mightyrabbit forum, and also tweeted them without any result.

What do postal services say? Have you contacted them? You have a tracking number after all. I've never had a traceable shipment go lost.

Any international people still waiting on Shantae? I'm getting kind of worried. Might send an email if it doesn't come this week.

I'm waiting too...
From what I saw on twitter, some intl Shantae orders were sent to USPS without postage mistakenly and were returned and had to be shipped out again. That happened only recently, so wait a while longer. Sending an email to make sure can't hurt though
They did reply fast the first two times, but since then there's been nothing but silence. Sounds like you're sure they'll solve it, let's hope you're right. Don't want to have to escalate the problem.
Yeah I'm pretty sure. Don't know why they're not replying though

ephemeral

What do postal services say? Have you contacted them? You have a tracking number after all. I've never had a traceable shipment go lost.

It was returned back to the sender, and I was promised to be contacted by LRG as soon as they received it.

From what I saw on twitter, some intl Shantae orders were sent to USPS without postage mistakenly and were returned and had to be shipped out again. That happened only recently, so wait a while longer. Sending an email to make sure can't hurt though

Yeah I'm pretty sure. Don't know why they're not replying though

Pretty sure doesn't sound that great. A new email was sent so hopefully they'll reply soon.

It was returned back to the sender, and I was promised to be contacted by LRG as soon as they received it.

Well, they can't just keep your money. I'm not sure how long it could take for a shipment to effectively be delivered back to its sender, but a 3 month wait seems very long.

But who knows? Maybe they still haven't received it back. I've had to wait over 2 months once for a package to arrive from Hong Kong. Wouldn't tracking information reflect such a thing though? Does that say it's still on its way back?

Anyway, don't give up, keep pushing for a reply, even if it's "we still haven't received your package back yet". This is not the type of company that would scam you out of your money.

Pretty sure doesn't sound that great. A new email was sent so hopefully they'll reply soon.
I can't promise you of course, but LRG always say they fix things like that, so leaving you hanging would look very bad. I got a damaged copy once that was replaced without issues, so I imagine a lost copy shouldn't be an issue either

Clive

Check the tracking info. Mine stood still for a month but started moving early December again.

12/2/2016 8:00 AM Departed Processing Center East Rutherford, NJ
12/1/2016 8:21 PM Parcel Order Manifested , Ready For Export East Rutherford, NJ
12/1/2016 5:00 PM Parcel Order Scanned East Rutherford, NJ
11/4/2016 5:35 AM Parcel Data Received, Shipment In Route To US Export Warehouse

iratA

I'm waiting too...

Yep Still waiting for mine and I've recieved multiple other international orders from around the globe placed prior to my Shantae order. Having said that, my last LRG order was flawless though. I don't really care as long as I eventually get my order. Hoping to get it this week.

iratA

Check the tracking info. Mine stood still for a month but started moving early December again.

12/2/2016 8:00 AM Departed Processing Center East Rutherford, NJ
12/1/2016 8:21 PM Parcel Order Manifested , Ready For Export East Rutherford, NJ
12/1/2016 5:00 PM Parcel Order Scanned East Rutherford, NJ
11/4/2016 5:35 AM Parcel Data Received, Shipment In Route To US Export Warehouse

Ah yeah weird, just checked mine and same thing. Why would it stand still for a month? Anyway Thanks, because I had stopped checking my tracking info each week because nothing was happening. Good to see some action now at least.

ephemeral

Well, they can't just keep your money. I'm not sure how long it could take for a shipment to effectively be delivered back to its sender, but a 3 month wait seems very long.

But who knows? Maybe they still haven't received it back. I've had to wait over 2 months once for a package to arrive from Hong Kong. Wouldn't tracking information reflect such a thing though? Does that say it's still on its way back?

Anyway, don't give up, keep pushing for a reply, even if it's "we still haven't received your package back yet". This is not the type of company that would scam you out of your money.

Shipment History :

Event Date Event Time Event Detail Event City
11/11/2016 3:55 PM Shipment Returned To Shipper
11/9/2016 1:41 PM Shipment Returned To Shipper
10/26/2016 1:42 AM In-Transit
10/26/2016 1:42 AM Shipment Returned To Shipper
10/25/2016 7:46 PM In-Transit
10/25/2016 2:22 PM Shipment Returned To Shipper
10/17/2016 7:19 AM Available For Pickup
10/10/2016 10:52 AM Available For Pickup
10/10/2016 8:24 AM In-Transit
10/10/2016 7:23 AM Out for Delivery

Dunno why it says returned to shipper so many times, but it should be returned by now?

I'd guess 11/11 is when they received it, so it's not been a month yet, but it's almost 3 months since it was paid for. Don't want to spam them with mails either, just wish they'd give an indication it will be taken care of eventually.

ephemeral

I can't promise you of course, but LRG always say they fix things like that, so leaving you hanging would look very bad. I got a damaged copy once that was replaced without issues, so I imagine a lost copy shouldn't be an issue either
That's good to know, but how long did it take you?

Dunno why it says returned to shipper so many times, but it should be returned by now?

I'm not sure whether "returned to shipper" means they actually received the game or not. But regardless, they should've already hooked you/your friend up with another copy or refunded you by now. It's been three months. That's the decent thing to do. I think you've been very patient.

And tracking proves it's returned to them.

Surprised Firewatch still has no release date on the website, the 9th is almost here.
The booth attendees were coy, of course, but we also had a good laugh when I asked about Firewatch. Their first response was "this month," but then they did give out the nugget of information "before Christmas." Hey, that's good enough for me! I'm sure we'll get the appropriate information when the time comes.

Not really if the damage was the result of poor packaging imo, but yeah...

Anyway, it shouldn't take 3 whole months to have a issue resolved.

I didn't mind because they're a small business and it's international shipping. Would be another story if amazon asked me to pay for return shipping. The PS4 case had an actual cut in it so it's hard to say how the damage happened, the envelope was fine.

ephemeral

I'm not sure whether "returned to shipper" means they actually received the game or not. But regardless, they should've already hooked you/your friend up with another copy or refunded you by now. It's been three months. That's the decent thing to do. I think you've been very patient.

And tracking proves it's returned to them.

She doesn't want a refund since it'd cost a lot more to pick them up from ebay. Indeed, 3 months should be enough, it's time to act now.

I had to send the copy back at my expense (understandable), but the whole thing took 3-4 weeks until I got a new copy.

That's a lot faster than I could even imagine. Probably had a lot more time back then?

mollipen

I'm one of the cool kids now!

CgVF9A9.jpg

Saoshyant

Is Firewatch's release date not confirmed yet? I really hope it comes on the same day as Stranger's Wrath, which is just this friday, but if there's no date yet, that ship will have likely sailed by now, though.

I did, this one is Luka from Steins;Gate. I'll probably go back to the old one eventually.
Oh! I was wondering why it reminded me of that game/show. I thought it was Mayuri though haha.

Back on topic I hope that this goes on sale on a Friday. Getting paid on Thursday.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Is Firewatch's release date not confirmed yet? I really hope it comes on the same day as Stranger's Wrath, which is just this friday, but if there's no date yet, that ship will have likely sailed by now, though.

Not yet. They were aiming for the 9th though.

ironmang

Have they started shipping the Black Friday orders? Got a couple vita blind boxes and they're the only thing I ordered then that hasn't appeared to be at least in transit as far as I know.

mollipen

I have the same slime on my desk and the same (size) MacBook Air lol. Congrats on the limited edition :D

...are you using my office when I'm not in it? o_O

Since I know some of you care about these things, I'm giving away some of the older postcard/sticker combos that I've received (pictured below). They're totally free including postage, unless you want me to send them in fancier packaging to insure they won't get damaged—at that point, you'll need to get me money to cover the shipping. I may have older sets, but I'll have to dig around.

If there's a set you want, send me a PM. Just keep in mind:
1: They're first-request first-serve
2: I'll send these out when I can, so don't be expecting me to rush to get them out
3: You have to say something nice about redheads in your PM, or I won't consider you :D

Now claimed: Soldner X, One Way Heroics

cRAh9oA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom