• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squarehard

Sounds like LRG won't be speaking ill of iam8bit anymore :p

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/806905938359615488

etc.

They should keep doing it.

It's not like Josh went out of his way to say anything that was particularly heinous, or egregious.

He stated his opinion, made his own intentions clear, and that was that.

As many have noted, they deserve every bit of criticism they get for how they've handled the release.

Honestly, if this was something iam8bit brought up to them, maybe they should be more like LRG, and actually be on forums to interact with their customer base more, but unfortunately that isn't the case. Makes it seem like they come out of the woodwork when their feelings get hurt I guess.

LQX

So Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath will no longer be avail Friday the 9th? I see the countdown now says the 16th. Just want to be sure as I was sure it was the 9th.

Squarehard

So Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath will no longer be avail Friday the 9th? I see the countdown now says the 16th. Just want to be sure as I was sure it was the 9th.
They switched it to next Friday to accommodate manufacturing issues, as well as to release Firewatch on the same day.

Has anyone at all had their orders from Black Friday shipped yet? Or at least receive a pending pickup notification from USPS?
Got mine yesterday finally.

They're probably a bit behind as a result of PSX.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I sure hope Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds comes through. I'd get both versions, and hopefully if things work out, it would also come with both DLC characters, too.

Olengie

We pitched the idea to them when we first started but we weren't in a position at the time to meet their demands.

After working with Spike Chunsoft we feel like we can do it now!

Yea. I remember you saying that. I just thought you were already trying to do it afterwards since I always thought that title is a good choice. Damn japan making a physical run with just a code

joe2187

Banned
So my post office has officially declared my order of Stealth Inc. Vita lost.

What a fucking shit show. This is the second time I've had to deal with my USPS fucking up an LRG shipment.

cheesekao

So my post office has officially declared my order of Stealth Inc. Vita lost.

What a fucking shit show. This is the second time I've had to deal with my USPS fucking up an LRG shipment.
Did they at least give you a refund? IF they don't then that's pretty shitty.

Occam

@LimitedRunGames
I'd like clarification regarding Axiom Verge. You reached out to its creator and he refused to give fans of the game what they are asking for? Did he say why? Is there still a chance?

mabec

AAA-indie games that would sell out in ~1 hour:

Stardew Valley
LISA
Binding of Isaac
Nuclear Throne
Spelunky
Undertale
Cave Story

Oh also
gsps4.png

Some of them won't ever appear on PS4, but as a physical they would be highly desirable

AAA-indie games that would sell out in ~1 hour:

Stardew Valley
LISA
Binding of Isaac
Nuclear Throne
Spelunky
Undertale
Cave Story

Nuclear Throne has already been confirmed by LRG, although I personally wouldn't call it a AAA-indie, especially in its current state. (or has it been patched yet?)

Never heard of LISA, the rest would be awesome, yes. :)

Nuclear Throne has already been confirmed by LRG, although I personally wouldn't call it a AAA-indie, especially in its current state. (or has it been patched yet?)

I dont think LISA would sell out that quick. Nuclear Throne patch apparenlty submitted before PSX. lol it released last year at PSX and is finally getting patched.

The other games ont hatlist i would be all over. especially spelunky. game is super special to me. Would even pay 60$ for 1 physical copy of spelunky on vita. It is my first purchase ever on PSN.

test_account

XP-39C²

I dont think that Nuclear Throne has been patched yet.

Some people use the words "broken game" more casually when it comes to bugs, but Nuclear Throne is one of the few games that are actually broken. I've gotten to the last boss three times (one time on PS4, two times on Vita, or vice versa) and the game has crashed on me every time. I have also had crashes in the later levels. I still havnt been able to beat the game due to the crashes.

So unless they make a new patch for the game for the physical release, i hope people wont buy this game primarily to play it. I dont want to bad mouth it, but i think it deserves a heads up. Its too bad since the game is pretty fun to play, in my opinion. I will still buy it for collection purposes.

EDIT: Just saw the post above, if it gets patched, then thats great :) Like almost a year late patch, but better late than never at least hehe.

v0yce

I'm pretty sure I heard one of the LR guys on a podcast say that Nintendo isn't very accommodating, but what are the chances the we could get a run of something like Liberation Maiden for the 3DS now that they have a relationship with Suda 51?

I'd love a copy of that and Matsuno's Crimson Shroud and well, a million other things. But it'd be really cool to see then venture into Nintendo stuff.

I'm pretty sure I heard one of the LR guys on a podcast say that Nintendo isn't very accommodating, but what are the chances the we could get a run of something like Liberation Maiden for the 3DS now that they have a relationship with Suda 51?

I'd love a copy of that and Matsuno's Crimson Shroud and well, a million other things. But it'd be really cool to see then venture into Nintendo stuff.

They answered about Wii U and 3DS just a few posts ago:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226113665&postcount=11760

Minimum order quantities are actually not an issue with Nintendo. At the moment, they aren't approving new Wii U retail publishers (and I don't expect that to change) - for 3DS, it's a matter of that platform being beyond our scope of knowledge. What I love about us is that we're not just a publisher, we're a developer too - we understand how to actually code and put together a physical release from start to finish. We don't have any of the necessary tools for 3DS development and honestly, there are a lot and I don't really know what they all do. It would take us too long to spin into 3DS publishing with a confident understanding of the platform - by the time we do, Switch would be on the market and we might as well have just focused our efforts there. For the record, we plan to try our best to be able to support the Switch. I wouldn't count on 3DS or Wii U unless they're game we're just acting as a distributor on.

joe2187

Banned
Did they at least give you a refund? IF they don't then that's pretty shitty.

Who? LRG?

I dont blame LRG, this is my post office's fuck up.

There was nothing wrong with the packing slip on the last package and nothing wrong with this one either. my USPS is just incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom