• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semoreh

I'm pretty sure I heard one of the LR guys on a podcast say that Nintendo isn't very accommodating, but what are the chances the we could get a run of something like Liberation Maiden for the 3DS now that they have a relationship with Suda 51?

I'd love a copy of that and Matsuno's Crimson Shroud and well, a million other things. But it'd be really cool to see then venture into Nintendo stuff.

Crimson's Shroud is ok-ish (could have been great without the needless random looting stuff), but I HATED Liberation Maiden. I loathed the gameplay, and I felt the game only existed for fan-service purposes... and even then I've played better "fan service games" since you'll just see one or two shots like this.

I wouldn't buy it for $5 (shipping included)

How does it usually go? Is it like u blink and its gone? or you get a decent enuf window of 1-2 hours to grab a game? I know, it will vary from game to game...just asking...

I'm pretty sure you won't have to hurry to grab Firewatch. Il will at least stay available for several hours like Shadow Complex Remastered did. 7000+ units is a big print, and when it's PS4 only it tends to go slower.

mabec

Who? LRG?

I dont blame LRG, this is my post office's fuck up.

There was nothing wrong with the packing slip on the last package and nothing wrong with this one either. my USPS is just incompetent.

Do you live outside US? I had to contact the delivery company and request a tracking number within my own country, otherwise I would never have gotten the package.
http://www.apc-pli.com/

How does it usually go? Is it like u blink and its gone? or you get a decent enuf window of 1-2 hours to grab a game? I know, it will vary from game to game...just asking...

Usually 2 batches with 6 (?) hours apart, first batch last around 1 hour if its really popular.

AAA-indie games that would sell out in ~1 hour:

Stardew Valley
LISA
Binding of Isaac
Nuclear Throne
Spelunky
Undertale
Cave Story

Some of them won't ever appear on PS4, but as a physical they would be highly desirable

Is LISA coming to a playstation platform?

Nevermind...just re-read, was excited for a second

Clive

Wasn't Shantae 6,000 copies for each game and sold out in minutes? I might be misremembering things but that's how I recall it. Firewatch has a good rep and got some mainstream media attention. I'm not saying it will sell out immediately but I would not dare to make guarantees about it not doing just that.

Varth

Wasn't Shantae 6,000 copies for each game and sold out in minutes? I might be misremembering things but that's how I recall it. Firewatch has a good rep and got some mainstream media attention. I'm not saying it will sell out immediately but I would not dare to make guarantees about it not doing just that.

Nah, its gonna be fine. I think around Volume times, so 30' availability (pretty acceptable for me given the system). Shantae, Skullgirls or Soldner have different layers of collectability that Firewatch lacks, even if it is a good game.

Semoreh

Hmm... you're right that Shantae did sold fast...
I don't know, I have a feeling it will be closer to what happened with Shadow Complex but I may be wrong.

mabec

Also people tend to forget its something called christmas happening this month, could lead to slower sales for Firewatch

Nuclear Throne has already been confirmed by LRG, although I personally wouldn't call it a AAA-indie, especially in its current state. (or has it been patched yet?)
PS4 version of Nuclear Throne has been patched. The Vita version, on the other hand, is still in its sorry state that the game launched at on the PlayStation consoles.

I still don't understand why it took nearly a year o patch Nuclear Throne and why the Vita version remains untouched.

Fisty

PS4 version of Nuclear Throne has been patched. The Vita version, on the other hand, is still in its sorry state that the game launched at on the PlayStation consoles.

I still don't understand why it took nearly a year o patch Nuclear Throne and why the Vita version remains untouched.

Meh still pissed at Vlambeer for Luftrausers, fantastic game and they never bothered fixing any of the issues with it. Makes me very uncomfortable buying their stuff.

Clive

Nah, its gonna be fine. I think around Volume times, so 30' availability (pretty acceptable for me given the system). Shantae, Skullgirls or Soldner have different layers of collectability that Firewatch lacks, even if it is a good game.

But why? Firewatch has grown a really good rep and is being featured in GOTY lists fairly frequently from what I have seen. Sony showed a trailer during their E3 presser last year too. It's not some indie cult classic, it's a big deal.

I'm not saying it will sell out immediately, I don't think it will, but I'm saying we should not completely rule out the possibility. This is one of the biggest LRG releases and the physical release has even been mentioned on mainstream video game sites like Polygon and IGN.

Also people tend to forget its something called christmas happening this month, could lead to slower sales for Firewatch

I think that's absolutely a possibility too.

Varth

But why? Firewatch has grown a really good rep and is being featured in GOTY lists fairly frequently from what I have seen. Sony showed a trailer during their E3 presser last year too. It's not some indie cult classic, it's a big deal.

I'm not saying it will sell out immediately, I don't think it will, but I'm saying we should not completely rule out the possibility. This is one of the biggest LRG releases and the physical release has even been mentioned on mainstream video game sites like Polygon and IGN.

I think that's absolutely a possibility too.

I dont think being a good game is the only thing at play in this kind of thing. Nor the most relevant, seeing precedents here.

Theres people Who like to collect fighters, shooter or platforms and will buy anything regardless of quality. They add up with those Who want the phisical copy of a good game if thats the case, those Who collect Vita games (again, if thats the case), those Who want a complete lrg collection or are just into rare releases, the scalpers that sniff a good investment, and you get a quick stock turnaround. Firewatch, like Shadow Complex or Volume is "just" (") a very good game. Dont think there are other forces in play that will drive demand up.

But its just pour parler, really.

Decider

Does anybody know who the UK courier for Shantae is? Tracking claims an attempted delivery today with a notice left but there's no notice and somebody was in all day. I have no idea where it's being held.

Squarehard

Yep, that's exactly how it happened. It sold out immediately at both time slots too.

Typically the afternoon batch is a bit slower, but it went just as fast as the morning batch.

Het_Nkik

Yep, that's exactly how it happened. It sold out immediately at both time slots too.

Typically the afternoon batch is a bit slower, but it went just as fast as the morning batch.

Shantae is a long running series with a huge cult following, though.

I just really don't think Firewatch is going to go all that fast.

But I dunno, I'm not psychic. I guess we'll see next Friday.

Staal

AAA-indie games that would sell out in ~1 hour:

Stardew Valley
LISA
Binding of Isaac
Nuclear Throne
Spelunky
Undertale
Cave Story

Oh also
gsps4.png

Some of them won't ever appear on PS4, but as a physical they would be highly desirable
Oh man, a physical copy of Spelunky would be amazing.

Well, a man can dream...

Semoreh

I dont think being a good game is the only thing at play in this kind of thing. Nor the most relevant, seeing precedents here.

Theres people Who like to collect fighters, shooter or platforms and will buy anything regardless of quality. They add up with those Who want the phisical copy of a good game if thats the case, those Who collect Vita games (again, if thats the case), those Who want a complete lrg collection or are just into rare releases, the scalpers that sniff a good investment, and you get a quick stock turnaround. Firewatch, like Shadow Complex or Volume is "just" (") a very good game. Dont think there are other forces in play that will drive demand up.

But its just pour parler, really.

That's exactly what I think.

Also, why Shantae sold superfast : I reckon it is (at least) partially related to the fact that the first GBC game costs an arm. It is a franchise which is deeply linked to physical collectability, with people ready to pay high prices for boxed versions. Look at the sold listing on eBay : people are buying it for much more than Shadow Complex already.

Even if Firewatch is very good, I don't feel it's a cult classic yet in the players' minds.

joe2187

Banned
Goddamn it.

My post office is the most incompetent motherfuckers around.

Now they're saying they sent my package back to North Carolina.

goddamn it.

Shizuka

Honestly, they should've said this earlier rather than announce it when theres like less than 2 weeks left.

I just saw that after I made that comment, they shared the campaign on Twitter. If they want to make it happen, go all in! Send emails, send press releases, post on Twitter everyday, advertise that it's a truly LRG exclusive if you back during the campaign for those that want all variants, like the people that wanted the blue cover for Stranger's Wrath HD!

Sooooo, any other people here with Black Friday orders that are still unfulfilled?

There's a reason why they pushed back the Oddworld release. They were behind on orders and PSX only made things worse, so they're using the extra time now to get things done before having to worry about sending off orders for new releases. If it's unfulfilled now, it should be sent out in the next few days.

ephemeral

There's a reason why they pushed back the Oddworld release. They were behind on orders and PSX only made things worse, so they're using the extra time now to get things done before having to worry about sending off orders for new releases. If it's unfulfilled now, it should be sent out in the next few days.

Sounds like a very smart move. Glad to hear that they've employed one more for their customer support. I bet they were swamped with work before, so I hope that can result in some much needed rest :).

Clive

Apparently, if LRG manages to release both Lone Survivor and Stranger's Wrath before this year ends they will have stood for 14/42 (1/3) of all physical Vita releases in America in 2016. The number 42 also includes limited releases and future 2016 ones (Shantae, Atelier Escha & Logy and Shovel Knight).

cheesekao

Who? LRG?

I dont blame LRG, this is my post office's fuck up.

There was nothing wrong with the packing slip on the last package and nothing wrong with this one either. my USPS is just incompetent.
I was referring to USPS. If they lose your package, aren't they suppose to reimburse you for it since it's their fuck up?

Lemstar

I was referring to USPS. If they lose your package, aren't they suppose to reimburse you for it since it's their fuck up?
it's the seller's responsibility to reimburse the buyer if something goes wrong

if the seller purchases insurance on a package, they can get a payout from the shipping service to help with reimbursement

t26

Ideally WayForward would acquire the right to A Boy and His Blob. They already have a history of working with LRG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom