• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my copies of Firewatch and Oddworld today. Sadly, I got the shrinkwrap seal and the blue variant of Oddworld (was hoping for the first variant). Does this blue variant have a reversible cover?

We'll swap it out if you want either of the other covers. We've got a severe deficit on blue covers right now and will cover your return shipping expense. Just tell Justin in the support ticket that Josh authorized it on NeoGAF.

Ventara

We'll swap it out if you want either of the other covers. We've got a severe deficit on blue covers right now and will cover your return shipping expense. Just tell Justin in the support ticket that Josh authorized it on NeoGAF.

Coolios! Can I request the first one (the green cover on the outside)? Or is it gonna be random?

I can take your blue cover and send you my regular one, Ventara.

You're still in Brazil, right? Sorry Shizuka, I've had a package lost that I've sent there. Not really comfortable shipping to Brazil.

Coolios! Can I request the first one (the green cover on the outside)? Or is it gonna be random?

Yeah, we can send you whichever you prefer. Just make sure to specify it when you return your blue cover. We call the green/blueish one the crossbow cover and the yellow/brown one the "beast" cover.

For those wondering, the rarity on the SW covers goes PSX (blue) cover (1,000 copies) > Crossbow cover (~2,000 copies) > Beast cover (~2,500 copies).

Don't know if this is the proper place to ask, but I've had a ticket for a while trying to get my email changed on my LRG account. It would be great if this could be done before the next batch of games come out, because I already have a history of orders and want to continue ordering on the same account for when the new reward system is implemented.

I was told it was transferred to Doug to handle. Please help!

Ventara

Yeah, we can send you whichever you prefer. Just make sure to specify it when you return your blue cover. We call the green/blueish one the crossbow cover and the yellow/brown one the "beast" cover.

For those wondering, the rarity on the SW covers goes PSX (blue) cover (1,000 copies) > Crossbow cover (~2,000 copies) > Beast cover (~2,500 copies).

Perfect!

Just another question while you're here; any word on being able to combine future orders with the next LRG release?

I got my Lone Survivor set today. I love the box that they ship in, but I really hate how they're sealed. Those seals tend to be fragile and sure enough, the seal was completely broken on arrival. Fortunately, everything was inside, but is it possible we can do something better than those stickers to seal the boxes in the future? I fear this could be problematic down the road especially when we're talking about rare and hard to replace items.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Let's get that logo in gold.

yHQZtAU.png

Hm, I actually don't know, maybe Takumi Naramura?
It was a shot in the dark. When I read "Japanese indie dev", "Vita game" and great artwork, the game kind of came to mind immediately. :)

Naramura is the developer of the game. To my knowledge that's all he's ever done: make La-Mulana games. How does that make him "legendary"?

Quick! Start naming big-name Japanese game illustrators!

Well, Amano for example is doing the art for a poster of Bloodstained. That would be an example of a legendary Japanese illustrator.

Maybe Josh is just overselling it a bit, Ubisoft style, by using the word "legendary"? Curious to see who it turns out to be.

Quick! Start naming big-name Japanese game illustrators!

I was going to guess Hidari (Koei-Tecmo's illustrator) but none of their games are indie. So it's not Atelier Ayesha. I weep.

I can't really think of that many Japanese indie games that would only be on Vita.

It'd be really weird if LRG got La-Mulana EX, as it's a Rising Star game.

That's a good point. I can't imagine RSG letting a physical release go to a competitor.

I'm really struggling to think of anything that fits. Any Doujin VN's which haven't been announced yet from Sekai Project?

It'd be really weird if LRG got La-Mulana EX, as it's a Rising Star game.

Depends. If they only licensed it for digital distribution, LRG might have been able to secure a physical deal. I think only time will tell but La-Mulana EX definitely fits their description.

Depends. If they only licensed it for digital distribution, LRG might have been able to secure a physical deal. I think only time will tell but La-Mulana EX definitely fits their description.

I thought the description was that it's a Japanese indie game, and a legendary Japanese illustrator did the box art.

Only you don't know who that legendary illustrator is, or that a legendary illustrator was even involved with La-Mulana EX. So let's keep it at it fitting half of the description, maybe?

ephemeral

Hi Josh.
I asked Doug about canceling the order we talked about earlier, and he said that it'd cost $30. Is there anything you can do to lower it a bit?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It only took one google search for me to match it up.
"la mulana illustrator"

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/02/27/ruthless-platformer-la-mulana-ex-lands-ps-vita-next-week/

HonestFrancis 28 February, 2015 @ 7:08 pm 28
This is weird, but could I ask who did the incredible title artwork at the page header?

It looks like Milo Manara or Moebius, but I presume both of them aren’t really available……

Thanks in any case!

RSGMart 1 March, 2015 @ 10:40 pm 28.1
It’s a big new piece of art for the game done by famous Japanese illustrator Katsuya Terada. 🙂

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katsuya_Terada

Shizuka

Well, La-Mulana EX is an amazing game, I had a blast playing it on my PSTV and my brother even has the platinum trophy, so it's a huge get as far as Vita exclusives go!

It only took one google search for me to match it up.
"la mulana illustrator"

Interesting. Seems like Josh didn't pull off "a Ubisoft" after all. :)

Haven't played EX, but I did play the original PC release. While ok, I can't say I'm a huge fan of it. Especially since I've played the game La-Mulana was greatly inspired by through and through and I just like that one (a lot) better. But maybe the EX re-release did improve quite a bit?

ephemeral

We both use this account, we already lowered it by $5.

We explained why canceling a pre-order at this point is tricky.

Ok, thanks for the fast reply. Sorry everyone for taking up these things in this thread, won't happen again I promise.

Looking forward to follow the upcoming releases for LRG anyway.

Shizuka

Just got Lone Survivor for the Vita! It looks lovely, but I have a big complaint: the size of the text on the back is abysmal! How can anyone read that?

NDPsycho

Just got Lone Survivor for the Vita! It looks lovely, but I have a big complaint: the size of the text on the back is abysmal! How can anyone read that?

That feeling when international orders are received and your domestic order hasn't even left NC yet...😭

Doug or Josh,

Will the new loyalty program be retroactive? If not then I'll just cancel my helpdesk ticket to change the email address on my account and start ordering using my new account.

I just wanted to change it because I previously used yahoo but they keep getting hacked so I closed my Yahoo email account.

Thanks!

marcincz

Received Oddworld and Firewatch, yesterday. Oddworld in great condition, but Firewatch has terrible packaging and what's the biggest problem, in the upper right corner my cover is broken. Probably someone during sealing box, push cover and damaged it.
Any chance to receive new cover to Firewatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom