• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say that Binding of Isaac will apparently be physically released on the Nintendo Switch, so I'm drastically lowering it on my list-of-games-I-hope-LRG-will-publish :D

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/819771205393661954

I saw it too. The Switch boxes look really damn sexy. I love it when game boxes are custom sized (not just a regular DVD case) and the minimal branding allows for very nice cover art. Really hope to see LRG jump on the Switch wagon soon. :-D

I mean seriously, if a small company like Nicalis can publish physical games on Switch, I see no reason why LRG shouldn't...

emb

Just wanted to say that Binding of Isaac will apparently be physically released on the Nintendo Switch, so I'm drastically lowering it on my list-of-games-I-hope-LRG-will-publish :D

Seems like a surprising amount of Switch stuff is getting it. I saw this had physical. That Bomberman game does. Puyo Puyo Tetris too (and on PS4, only physical for some reason). Heard Setsuna too, though it was just a post in that thread with no source.

Probably just a launch quirk, but hopefully it's the start of a trend.

Seems like a surprising amount of Switch stuff is getting it. I saw this had physical. That Bomberman game does. Puyo Puyo Tetris too (and only physical on PS4 for some reason). Heard Setsuna too, though it was just a post in that thread with no source.

Setsuna physical would be sweet. I reckon it's digital only though. The only games that really interest me at the moment are Zelda and Bomberman. Too bad they don't release Puyo Puyo Tetris for Vita in the west. (already own the Japanese version)

Seems like a surprising amount of Switch stuff is getting it. I saw this had physical. That Bomberman game does. Puyo Puyo Tetris too (and on PS4, only physical for some reason). Heard Setsuna too, though it was just a post in that thread with no source.

I have a feeling the isaac physical will happen for PS4 as well. No source just a feeling.

Also puyo is physical only on PS4 because of licensing. Switch had new licensing so they got digital as well.

Saoshyant

Received my Firewatch + Stranger's Wrath today. Firewatch was sealed in some really cheap plastic sheet as if someone had resealed it, which was weird, but I think I remember seeing other people mention that in the thread here?

Stranger's Wrath has this neat map that doesn't fit in the case, which makes me sad. Wish it had been made at a size that would fit.

Ventara

Received my Firewatch + Stranger's Wrath today. Firewatch was sealed in some really cheap plastic sheet as if someone had resealed it, which was weird, but I think I remember seeing other people mention that in the thread here?

Stranger's Wrath has this neat map that doesn't fit in the case, which makes me sad. Wish it had been made at a size that would fit.

Yeah, LRG commented on it. For some reason Sony sent them half the normal way and half the shrinkwrap way. No idea why Sony did that, but that seems to be out of LRGs hands unfortunately.

SamNW

Yeah, LRG commented on it. For some reason Sony sent them half the normal way and half the shrinkwrap way. No idea why Sony did that, but that seems to be out of LRGs hands unfortunately.
I also received my copies of Firewatch recently and found the heat-sealed wrapping strange. Shame that Sony sent them that way, but the physical edition is beautiful. Hats off to those guys—this was my first LRG purchase and it won't be my last.

Jake

I also received my copies of Firewatch recently and found the heat-sealed wrapping strange. Shame that Sony sent them that way, but the physical edition is beautiful. Hats off to those guys—this was my first LRG purchase and it won't be my last.

I'm glad you like it and I'm equally happy with how it turned out! I used to do the physical releases and special features at Telltale in their early days (up through the third Sam & Max season) and loved it, so it was a real pleasure to get to work with Limited Run to put together a nice FW release.

SamNW

I'm glad you like it and I'm equally happy with how it turned out! I used to do the physical releases and special features at Telltale in their early days (up through the third Sam & Max season) and loved it, so it was a real pleasure to get to work with Limited Run to put together a nice FW release.
That's really cool—definitely not something within development that you hear much about, but it's great to see stuff like this turn out so well.

Weevilone

I just spent like 10 minutes walking to my mailbox and back on a sheet of ice.. to spare my Lone Survivor games from freezing any longer. It's like 20 feet from my house but holy shit ice sucks.

Thanks LRG!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Since Switch is region-free, I hope Nintendo won't be so stingy on their policies, this time around. Would be awesome if LRG can do some Switch titles as well! I doubt I Am Setsuna will end up being a physical copy, so would be great to have something like that! (Especially with the ummm... size restraint of the Switch itself...)

U2NUMB

So I noticed something with my recent Lone Survivor order. I ordered both the PS4 and Vita version which I have done with other releases in the past. This time however I was only given one sticker and one card.

So is this something I can expect going forward? I have enjoyed keeping a sticker and card with each one I ordered but will be short now on one of the Lone Survivor games..

EDIT: Looking through my collection. which so far is every LR game they are not consistent with this. So what determines if you get 2 stickers and cards when you order both Vita and PS4? Seems to be 50% of the time you get only one per set.

dgco86

So I noticed something with my recent Lone Survivor order. I ordered both the PS4 and Vita version which I have done with other releases in the past. This time however I was only given one sticker and one card.

So is this something I can expect going forward? I have enjoyed keeping a sticker and card with each one I ordered but will be short now on one of the Lone Survivor games..

EDIT: Looking through my collection. which so far is every LR game they are not consistent with this. So what determines if you get 2 stickers and cards when you order both Vita and PS4? Seems to be 50% of the time you get only one per set.

I ordered multiple games but only got 1 sticker and 1 postcard, why?

The postcards and stickers are freebies and are not guaranteed (they're first-come-first-served and limited to one per order). We include them as a promotional thing rather than a vital component of the game. We don't include multiple cards in orders because we pay for these ourselves and don't split the expenses with devs. We'd have to foot a much larger bill on these if we sent out one postcard and sticker for every copy sold.

From their FAQ: https://www.limitedrungames.com/pages/faq

ive ordered every vita and ps4 release and never received more than 1 sticker/card per order... guess uve been lucky

Carnby

So basically the shrink wrapped ones will have the same value as the opened copies. Cool.

AsfaeksBR

Considering 2k released Civ Rev 2 physically but not XCOM, would it be possible for LRG to go after that market? I bet Jake Solomon would be onboard seeing his game being physically released on Vita.

meppi

I really want to know if this along with FAST RMX and Redout will get a European physical release as well.
Otherwise it'll be my very first Switch import!
Man, that sounds good to finally be able to do this again on Nintendo platforms without having to order duplicate hardware. :D

Was 2064: Read Only Memories supposed to get an LRG release? or was I dreaming that?

either way the PS4/Vita trophies are up

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5758-2064-read-only-memories
Isn't too surprising since it's expected to launch digitally on Tuesday. I know a couple of people initially speculated that it would have a physical release alongside the 'expanded' version on PS4 and Vita before it experienced an abrupt delay in the porting process. MidBoss loosely promised they would make up for the sudden postponement, but I doubt that would have to deal with negotiating stuff with LRG. Hopefully it'll get the retail treatment through the respective folk of this dedicated thread along with its in-universe counterpart, VA-11 Hall-A, on handheld!

SamNW

For those still hoping to grab a copy of Firewatch, ordering for the last 1,250 copies just went live on Campo Santo's website.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just read about Malicious Fallen being confirmed for a western release, PSN-only, of course. The description says it's the "end of the story", so I take it that it's a sequel to the PS3 version, or the Vita version? I thought the Vita version was just a port of that...

At any rate, would be awesome to have it come in physical-form!

Jimm

I got my Firewatch and Oddworld today. So happy they arrived super fast! Great extras for both versions.

And word on when the Jan releases will be up on the site?

Jake

Just today I received my copy of Firewatch. Really like the postcard included in this edition.

It's a replica of a slightly bigger postcard we gave out at PAX 2014 the day we first showed footage and a demo, drawn by Olly Moss. I think it's also up by Henry's desk in the tower in game.

Skulldead

Apparently, Sony lost the shipment we were missing of Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath. We are getting our money back for it, but in order to re-print it, we would have to print way more than needed to correct this. Because this is our fault for not counting what we actually had on hand we are offering a pretty good solution on option #1. If your order contained Firewatch, no problem, we have those still to ship with your Oddworld.

Got that email today...

JDH

Just got Firewatch + Oddworld yesterday. I received the Blue Oddworld variant, but the shrink-wrapped Firewatch copy. Oh well, you win some you lose some!

I'm very happy that the shipping speed to Canada has increased, good job LRG!

Moofers

LRG needs to get better about updating that website! I always come here for info on what has been announced and when stuff is coming out.

dgco86

I don't anything new here https://limitedrungames.com/

Where are the next releases? Gonna be on a flight this Friday, wanna know if need someome to buy it for me.

I think the only update was on the "Upcoming Releases" page.

Unless something has changed, this Friday should be Oxenfree, and next week Aqua Kitty and Curses N' Chaos.

It seems like Oxenfree might be on the 27th now.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/820764805816582147

By the way, did everyone who ordered the Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath triple pack get 2 and not 3 maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom