• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanc

Neo Member
just ordered oxenfree and aquakitty, anyone know how you choose the option to have them hold it for the next order so they can ship together? I didn't want to risk not getting the games so I just went ahead with the purchase and completed the order since I couldnt find the option some people we're mentioning earlier

thanks!

In the "Add-Ons" section there is an item for hold service.

Got my order in, but I had a weird hiccup that I had not seen before. Usually I open up a separate browser for each game so that I can swap between them to add each to the cart. The first two was fine, but for some reason the third was it's own cart. Weird, and freaked me out for a second to scramble, but still got them in the end. Whew.

emb

Ouch, looks like I missed both. :(

Ignored my first alarm and didn't get in until about 3 minutes after. Rookie mistake!

THE-JUV

In the "Add-Ons" section there is an item for hold service.

thanks!!
is there a way for me to retroactively add the add-on service to my order?

also, so you need to purchase a hold service for each game you purchase correct in a given order?

Shizuka

You guys have to add the add-on with the games you want to be held. You don't order the games and then contact them or order the add-on. It's pretty clear how it works.

Semoreh

Wow that was fast ! Came back from the bathroom at 16:02, checked out : I had to take 1 Oxenfree instead of 2, and Aqua Kitty Vita was sold out.

Anyway, I'm glad I've got Oxenfree. I won't regret Aqua Kitty, I was buying it without conviction.

blazeuk

You can add the add-on item before the games go on sale so you're not having to worry about putting that into your basket too. Weirdly Oxenfree went up on time for me but Aqua Kitty took about 30 secs longer to show, not a huge issue but always worrying waiting on other games to switch over before you can buy.

Megauap

You guys have to add the add-on with the games you want to be held. You don't order the games and then contact them or order the add-on. It's pretty clear how it works.

Just saw that the option is in the Addons section. I was looking for the option in the same page where the games is or during the chekout process. It's a bit strange to have the hold option in the addons as I thought that were just replacement or protective cases.
Already opened a ticket with LRG too as I thought that was what I needed to do to have an order held.

emb

Isn't the first batch smaller compared to the batch later in the day?
Other way around. They have more people ready for first batch, so they put more there.

Second batch usually takes longer to sell though, since most customers already have their copy.

Oxenfree! I've been holding off on that for a while, so I was super excited when I saw the announcement. Should complement my copy of Firewatch quite well.

The_Kid

Oh well that's interesting. Guess I should be ready at 6 xD

I still don't get why so many people let them hang in their cart though. Seems odd.

THE-JUV

is there a way to cancel your order for full refund on the site? I can't see anything when I view my orders. if so i might just risk cancelling and trying to get another order during the evening batch instead and doing the add-on thing properly this time

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Picked up Oxenfree from positive hearsay alone. Never really liked Aqua Kitty despite being a huge fan of the genre.

Semoreh

is there a way to cancel your order for full refund on the site? I can't see anything when I view my orders. if so i might just risk cancelling and trying to get another order during the evening batch instead and doing the add-on thing properly this time

I' m afraid you're learning the hard way, unfortunately.

reson8or

Had Oxenfree in the cart, but decided against it. I just can't spend $30 on a game that was less than a 1/3 of that price on sale. I love physical media, but man it's numbers game sometime.

Welp, I missed my first run as a result of Paypal locking up during the checkout process. Doubt I'll have time for the second batch so be gentle on my wallet, scalps!

Bane

So I kept the sold out cart open just in case and was finally able to order Oxenfree. Is it guaranteed that I got it at this point or is there a chance my order will be cancelled?

Squarehard

So I kept the sold out cart open just in case and was finally able to order Oxenfree. Is it guaranteed that I got it at this point or is there a chance my order will be cancelled?

Yeah, once you're able to do a full checkout with it, it's guaranteed.

Someone else probably had it in their cart and it timed out.

The stock counter is typically accounting for all items, even ones that are still in people's carts.

It's always a good idea if you're intent on picking it up to stick around for a bit trying to checkout, even if it says out of stock at the start of the checkout.

Also, orders will never be canceled except in cases of fraud, or circumventing the system. They also have extra copies of the games too, just in case they need to send out replacements, and what not, so if they really had to fulfill a few extra orders, they'd be more than able to.

Bane

Yeah, once you're able to do a full checkout with it, it's guaranteed.

Someone else probably had it in their cart and it timed out.

The stock counter is typically accounting for all items, even ones that are still in people's carts.

It's always a good idea if you're intent on picking it up to stick around for a bit trying to checkout, even if it says out of stock at the start of the checkout.

Yeah, that's exactly why I left it open for a bit. Thanks, you two.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to pass on Aqua Kitty, as it's not in the budget right now. Looking forward to whatever these new, big announcements are, though!

Jimm

I am really annoyed at myself for sleeping through my alarm for these. The next batch opens the same time I'm supposed to clock into work, hopefully I can get there early, set up then get them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom