• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacksark

I can guarantee any Western release will surpass the current JP Vita version in completeness :)

Thanks!!

Let's just say the bloke who did that mockup is already working on far superior graphic design...

Thank you so much for everything you've done to bring fata vita to the west, waiting for the release and will buy it no matter it costs 40, 50$ or whatever . Just hope that as you've said at least all the content from the vita jpn comes here, can't wait to play it and experience it for the first time (I never play on pc)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
The Plague Road kickstarter cover is an actual printed cover and not a sleeve over the standard cover correct?
Just need to know if I need to buy a standard edition as well.

A few tidbits from a recent e-mail regarding the upcoming "Jotun: Valhalla Edition" on Friday for those that might be interested. When the contracts were negotiated, LRG promised the developer, Thunder Lotus, that their game would have its own sale day. More importantly, the actual product itself won't ship until early August as a result of it still moving through the manufacturing process at Sony.

Semoreh

A few tidbits from a recent e-mail regarding the upcoming "Jotun: Valhalla Edition" on Friday for those that might be interested. When the contracts were negotiated, LRG promised the developer, Thunder Lotus, that their game would have its own sale day. More importantly, the actual product itself won't ship until early August as a result of it still moving through the manufacturing process at Sony.

I received it too. Sounds like a dumb promise, but more importantly : a dumb demand from the developers.
Bah ! As long as we get the game ^^

Is it just me or is sharing the particulars of a contract unseemly? I'm not sure what LRG gains by sharing this. Pretty sure the collective rabble of the internet isn't owed an explanation for why any given release day has 1, 2 or more titles.

Weevilone

Is it just me or is sharing the particulars of a contract unseemly? I'm not sure what LRG gains by sharing this. Pretty sure the collective rabble of the internet isn't owed an explanation for why any given release day has 1, 2 or more titles.

They aren't very professional so it's to be expected. Good to know we can blame this dev for the extra shipping charges though.

fernoca

No word about Lili Child of Geos?
I'm interested on the collectors edition, but there are no details and the only info about it is near 3 weeks old, saying release is by July 21(?).

No word about Lili Child of Geos?
I'm interested on the collectors edition, but there are no details and the only info about it is near 3 weeks old, saying release is by July 21(?).

On some forum somwhere they indicated it was being pushed to August. This really swings back to my early concern about governance and controlled communication. Email newsletter schedules don't have as much as info as their Google calendar and when an LRG employee drops information here, Reddit or Twitter any easily accessible repository of information is not updated to reflect that change. Drive, Drive, Drive sat on their front-page for months with no clear explanation as to why a release date was not being announced. Night Trap was announced and it wasn't initially clear how many different covers there were. Ultimately, it was collectors and enthusiasts who made sure the clear messaging got out. Heck, the purpose of the tickets included in each purchase aren't clearly articulated on the website. Sure, you can dig around their forum or GAF and find out what they are for but I wonder how many people have thrown away tickets and will later be upset when an opportunity arises that requires them? They are a publisher. Even if their focus is boutique products with a niche interest they owe it to their partners and themselves not create confusion around their products.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Hey, know how UNIEL[st] is digital only for Vita worldwide, but packaged for PS4?

3oiopy.png

BAM.

Ephidel

I was under the impression it was digital only on all platforms in the US. The only place I've seen a physical English PS4 version mentioned was gamefaqs linking to a siliconera post that never said that (or that didn't say that by the time I got to it, I guess).
There's a physical version for PS4 in Japan.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I was under the impression it was digital only on all platforms in the US. The only place I've seen a physical English PS4 version mentioned was gamefaqs linking to a siliconera post that never said that (or that didn't say that by the time I got to it, I guess).
There's a physical version for PS4 in Japan.

Oh, I thought Aksys was also doing a US physical PS4 version.

Moar for LRG, then!

mr lurtle

Had my combined order with 23 games shipped yesterday. Seeing all the games with the prices in one mail kinda made me think if I spent to much money on this stuff :p
If the order gets hit by customs my spending-career might be over. :D

Sondar

Anyone in the UK or Europe had any movement on their DariusBurst tracking? I know there was a delay due to the trading cards, but my tracking number starting A000000 isn't recognised on Asendia, USPS or two other tracking sites. :/

Zhao_Yun

Anyone in the UK or Europe had any movement on their DariusBurst tracking? I know there was a delay due to the trading cards, but my tracking number starting A000000 isn't recognised on Asendia, USPS or two other tracking sites. :/

Have the same for my Furi Order (Germany here).

I received a response to the issue of my hold orders not being shown as fulfilled and I don't really understand it:

Your hold orders are all set.
We found more folks were confused when these orders were marked as fulfilled so I'm going through and updating the process again.
The way we are processing them now, all of your orders are being combined in our shipping software. Once those have been added onto your hold order you will see the shipping address on your order updated to one of the International ones on file (this is only for new, unfulfilled orders!). This does not mean they are being shipped out, we just can't combine orders listed as Domestic with ones listed as International, so if we combine everything with the hold address active it won't let us directly combine them with your Ship Items order. The big reason this matters is that by combining your hold orders using the new method, you will automatically receive simultaneous shipping confirmations for every order that is being shipped out.

The next time you have your held orders shipped, you will receive simultaneous shipping confirmations for some of your orders (the ones that are currently listed as unfulfilled that will be updated to an international shipping address) and then we will manually go back and add the tracking information to the rest of the orders included in that shipment.

But it sounds like everything's okay? o_O

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

This is why:

They aren't very professional so it's to be expected. Good to know we can blame this dev for the extra shipping charges though.

LRG is very aware of how much grief they've taken, particularly from overseas customers, about shipping charges. People cried out for multiple games to be released on the same day to consolidate shipping expenditures. So when they release a game on its own, they probably feel like an explanation is required to get out in front of potential grousing about shipping.

According to LRG's Twitter account, the long-awaited PS4 version of "Skullgirls" could possibly ship out as early as late August, but they currently don't have an official date for receiving the material from Sony. In regard to the Vita variant, they can't provide any estimations and it could take a "very long time" depending in whether Sony uncovers any bugs. Additionally, several copies of the game will be sold on the store "several months" later (Black Friday?) for those that missed out on the pre-order window.

Clive

This is why:

LRG is very aware of how much grief they've taken, particularly from overseas customers, about shipping charges. People cried out for multiple games to be released on the same day to consolidate shipping expenditures. So when they release a game on its own, they probably feel like an explanation is required to get out in front of potential grousing about shipping.

As an international customer, the holding service is an absolute blessing. Shipping charges really adds up when you buy multiple items per month but now it's ~$6 instead of close to $20 for every order. It's definitely contributing to me buying more games and being a happier customer too. I don't even mind Jotun, or any game, being released alone anymore, it's just a few bucks.

Sure, I have to wait for my games but I never have issues finding games to play.

As an international customer, the holding service is an absolute blessing. Shipping charges really adds up when you buy multiple items per month but now it's ~$6 instead of close to $20 for every order. It's definitely contributing to me buying more games and being a happier customer too. I don't even mind Jotun, or any game, being released alone anymore, it's just a few bucks.

Sure, I have to wait for my games but I never have issues finding games to play.

I haven't had any orders shipped from hold shipping yet, but so far it's great.

It's been $5.50 to ship the order domestically each time and it'll cost I think ~ $22 to ship the package. So it does take a while to start seeing savings, i.e. if you held two games and then shipped them out you'd end up paying more:

$15 x 2 = $30

$5.50 x 2 = $11 + $22 = $33

But the more games you add, the more you'll save. Three would be

$15 x 3 = $45

$5.50 x 3 = $16.50 + $22 = $38.50

And so on. At least, that's how I ended up working it out.

I might ship my parcel of four games out after I get Oceanhorn on the 28th, depending what else is announced for release soon after.

This is why:

I agree that is probably their motivation but it doesn't make the release of contract details any more appropriate. If I were the developers I would not be pleased that LRG is poisoning the well with potential future customers of mine to save face for themselves. Also to the point about lack of professionalism and poor decision making why did they ever enter into an agreement with these constraints in the first place? LRG has routinely reiterated the message that their margins are razor thin and that they rely on sell-outs. Ergo all the hand wringing any time there is inventory left more than hour after sales open up. If their position is so precarious why make this agreement for this title? Do they have visibility into a demand for Jotun we might not have?

Shizuka

I agree that is probably their motivation but it doesn't make the release of contract details any more appropriate. If I were the developers I would not be pleased that LRG is poisoning the well with potential future customers of mine to save face for themselves. Also to the point about lack of professionalism and poor decision making why did they ever enter into an agreement with these constraints in the first place? LRG has routinely reiterated the message that their margins are razor thin and that they rely on sell-outs. Ergo all the hand wringing any time there is inventory left more than hour after sales open up. If their position is so precarious why make this agreement for this title? Do they have visibility into a demand for Jotun we might not have?

I don't get it, why is this bad? If it was bad to share, they'd have done a confidentiality clause, but if LRG can share publicly, what's the issue?

I don't get it, why is this bad? If it was bad to share, they'd have done a confidentiality clause, but if LRG can share publicly, what's the issue?

Because it creates this:

They threw a business partner under the bus in order to take heat off themselves. It'd be the same as if there was significant heat around the price of a title and LRG published what the developer was receiving per unit.

Shizuka

Because it creates this:

They threw a business partner under the bus in order to take heat off themselves. It'd be the same as if there was significant heat around the price of a title and LRG published what the developer was receiving per unit.

All parties are to blame, I don't get why the dev should be the only one. Still, we've had the hold order service for quite some time and shipping is only $5 for those in the US, I don't get that criticism anymore, at least price-wise.

Ventara

Speaking of shipping, have they addressed the problems with the new shipping company they're using? I've got a few games piled up from the Hold service and I really don't want a hefty customs fee from UPS added on to it.

NR1

I got my copy of Furi today in the mail and rather than the Limited Run sticker from all prior releases, I got some sort of baseball card instead. The front of the card is the Furi covery art with Limited Run's logo in the top left corner and some sort of numbering on the lower right corner (mine is 003). The back of the card is black with "Limited Run" in neon pink.

Still got the Collection Checklist card and the Rewards Ticket though.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I got my copy of Furi today in the mail and rather than the Limited Run sticker from all prior releases, I got some sort of baseball card instead. The front of the card is the Furi covery art with Limited Run's logo in the top left corner and some sort of numbering on the lower right corner (mine is 003). The back of the card is black with "Limited Run" in neon pink.

Still got the Collection Checklist card and the Rewards Ticket though.

Hmm.
I got Darius and the card is numbered 002. So what was 001?
Unfortunately it has a slight crease on the bottom left area I can see what Josh meant about the thin paper stock.

I also got a sticker but no checklist. Sticker is the same as the PS4 version.

35520140370_93469dfa60_z.jpg

hawk2025

Hmm.
I got Darius and the card is numbered 002. So what was 001?
Unfortunately it has a slight crease on the bottom left area I can see what Josh meant about the thin paper stock.

I also got a sticker but no checklist. Sticker is the same as the PS4 version.

35520140370_93469dfa60_z.jpg

I wish I knew about the cards before ordering to get the protective case :(

I assume 001 is Jotun?

I love the idea of these trading cards, by the way. Anything that gives us more game art is awesome.

Shizuka

Oceahorn was added to the store today:

It will be on sale Friday July 28th, 2017 at 10 AM Eastern Time.

I'm finally starting to get all the criticism regarding all sorts of info spread throughout the internet and people having to figure everything out together.

Weevilone

All parties are to blame, I don't get why the dev should be the only one. Still, we've had the hold order service for quite some time and shipping is only $5 for those in the US, I don't get that criticism anymore, at least price-wise.

If you don't want it potentially damaged in an envelope, you have to buy the damn box too.. since it is less than 2 games. It just all adds up, and shipping becomes a significant chunk of a single game. Not to mention the hassle of scheduling time to buy, with just a single title. I don't want to do this weekly.

Honestly, my first thought was great.. now all the devs will ask for this. I mean why not, they did it once.

Jotun: Valhalla Edition (PS4) Countdown:
mMYk0Id.gif

First Batch
t1500040800z1.png

Second Batch
t1500069600z1.png

Reminder: As a result of the product still being manufactured at Sony, shipments aren't expected to begun until early August. Please make arrangements to your purchase order accordingly.

Release Forecast (as of this posting):
07/21 -- Drive! Drive! Drive! & NeuroVoider
07/28 -- Oceanhorn & Plague Road
08/04 -- Lawbreakers

Oceahorn was added to the store today:

I'm finally starting to get all the criticism regarding all sorts of info spread throughout the internet and people having to figure everything out together.

Yayyyyy. Although same day as Plague Road, which I'm already getting from the Kickstarter, meh.

I wonder if we'll get a heads up about what games we'll likely to get in August so I'll know whether or not to ship my hold package.

Side note, if I have 4 games in my hold package (Broken Age; Dariusburst; Oceanhorn; Risk of Rain) do I automatically get a box or do you have to buy one?

Semoreh

Yayyyyy. Although same day as Plague Road, which I'm already getting from the Kickstarter, meh.

I wonder if we'll get a heads up about what games we'll likely to get in August so I'll know whether or not to ship my hold package.

Side note, if I have 4 games in my hold package (Broken Age; Dariusburst; Oceanhorn; Risk of Rain) do I automatically get a box or do you have to buy one?

These days I'm automatically getting boxes even though I'm not adding them to the cart anymore. I don't know what's the floor though. I'm usually getting 6-8 games at once because I'm holding orders, so can't vouch for 4 :)

These days I'm automatically getting boxes even though I'm not adding them to the cart anymore. I don't know what's the floor though. I'm usually getting 6-8 games at once because I'm holding orders, so can't vouch for 4 :)

Ah right, thanks. Guess I'm gonna wait for the August games then unless I get an answer on this ;)

Semoreh

Ready to pull the trigger !
I was considering releasing my orders but I remembered Jotun wouldn't ship before August anyway, so I'll simply add it my held-stash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom