• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clive

Jotun get! Super happy that LRG managed to sign this game and that I managed to secure a copy. Greatly looking forward to playing it.

Semoreh

Aaaaand it's gone. Less than 5mn. Pretty fast.

Edit : went back to "5 left" to 2%. Someone didn't check out to the end ^^

Edit Edit : really sold out now. Less than 7mn then !

takoyaki

Jotun get!

Hope this doesn’t become a trend though where devs demand exclusive release dates for their games, LRG is already an expensive hobby with intl. shipping as is.

Wow, that was quick! I don't think I have much interest in this game (though I have about eight hours to make up my mind), but it's always fun to watch the inventory.

As someone who's not bothered about the limited nature and purely the physical its a little depressing that stuff is going out of stock in under ten minutes.

I know a lot of people here feel the opposite but damn is it a boon for flippers.

vaniel

Neo Member

That is me.

Know this: I don't work for LRG. I hang out in their chat with them, and nothing I say should be taken as gospel. Douglas is sometimes kind enough to share information with those of us that hang out in there.

Please don't take my comments as confirmation that this release is happening. I was just a little excited that the meeting went well.

While I hope the game is released physically through LRG, any number of things could happen that could prevent it from being released. I don't want anyone to blame Douglas for me opening my mouth and people believing that it was a done deal.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
If there's anything I actively hate, it's an intentional flipper. It takes a lot to incite anger in me, but seeing people on Amazon and eBay who are clearly supplementing their income by regular flipping every LRG and IndieBox release... aaaargh. It's impossible to gather such data, but I'd kill to know the percentage of boutique physical release sales that are intentionally purchased to be resold at double, triple, quadruple their original price. Grrrr. Now I've gone and miffed myself.

Anyway. Yes. Jotun. Splendid game. Almost skipped it, but ultimately decided an IndieBox/LRG double-dip is a vote for Thunder Lotus, boutique physical releases in general, and an excuse to play it again.

Aokage

That is me.

Know this: I don't work for LRG. I hang out in their chat with them, and nothing I say should be taken as gospel. Douglas is sometimes kind enough to share information with those of us that hang out in there.

Ah. Hey there. It's cool, water under the bridge. There were too many parties involved and all Tweeting to one another for word not to get out that we had a Fata Morgana meeting at AX, and it's not hard to infer from their tone that it was a darn good meeting.

Darn good. *nods*

i-Jest

Ah. Hey there. It's cool, water under the bridge. There were too many parties involved and all Tweeting to one another for word not to get out that we had a Fata Morgana meeting at AX, and it's not hard to infer from their tone that it was a darn good meeting.

Darn good. *nods*

You keep teasing us(me) with all these tidbits. Why must you torture us(me) so?

test_account

XP-39C²
If there's anything I actively hate, it's an intentional flipper. It takes a lot to incite anger in me, but seeing people on Amazon and eBay who are clearly supplementing their income by regular flipping every LRG and IndieBox release... aaaargh. It's impossible to gather such data, but I'd kill to know the percentage of boutique physical release sales that are intentionally purchased to be resold at double, triple, quadruple their original price. Grrrr. Now I've gone and miffed myself.

Anyway. Yes. Jotun. Splendid game. Almost skipped it, but ultimately decided an IndieBox/LRG double-dip is a vote for Thunder Lotus, boutique physical releases in general, and an excuse to play it again.
I think looking at Ebay.com is a good indication. Of course Ebay.com isnt the only sales outlet, i think most people will try to flip it there. It will also variate from game to game, but percentage wise, i think the flipping is maybe 5-10% tops.

Hope this doesn’t become a trend though where devs demand exclusive release dates for their games, LRG is already an expensive hobby with intl. shipping as is.

Was this requested by the devs? I was surprised to see just one game on sale today. Definitely prefer to pick up multiple games at the same time.

takoyaki

Was this requested by the devs? I was surprised to see just one game on sale today. Definitely prefer to pick up multiple games at the same time.

from yesterday's newsletter update

When we signed this incredible game, we promised the developers that we would give Jotun its own sale day. With a busy release schedule coming up, the 14th was the best day to launch the game. Please note that the game is still in production at Sony's factory and will not ship until we receive it in early August.

Skulldead

Miss it this morning, and i have a freaking planned meetting with my doctor at 17:30. What are the chance that they don't sold out in 30 min ? I would be mad i really want that game...

Miss it this morning, and i have a freaking planned meetting with my doctor at 17:30. What are the chance that they don't sold out in 30 min ? I would be mad i really want that game...
Somehow I don't think you'll have a problem securing the game at 6 p.m. anymore.

Really baffling move by the Jotun devs. Is this pushback for the (IMO) non-issue of LRG revealing that the Jotun devs demanded their own day?

Kinda annoyed about this after buying the game, but it is what it is... Different system and all that.
(Now watch it end up being free on PSN too, lol.)

I'll just console myself by pretending I got free Steam/GOG copies with my LRG purchase.

Edit: Looks like their reasons are more innocent.

Agreed that making their game free the same day I just paid $30 for it is a little aggravating. I know that there's always a value proposition when it comes to digital vs physical, but it's hard not to feel like the devs are kinda rubbing our faces in it a little.

Semoreh

Agreed that making their game free the same day I just paid $30 for it is a little aggravating. I know that there's always a value proposition when it comes to digital vs physical, but it's hard not to feel like the devs are kinda rubbing our faces in it a little.

I personally don't care it's free today on Steam. 25-30$ for a physical great game is good value no matter what :)

Clive

Speaking of Sundered, that game looks absolutely incredible and I hope that LRG and Thunder Lotus Games maintains a good business relationship through all of this even if there arguably have been some minor missteps from both companies in regards to this release.

Be friends and get us this amazing looking game, pretty please.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBYar-6mJhw

I don't really care about the free Steam release either. Timing is weird but I don't really play games on PC anyway. But I hope the standalone release was more of an exception. July is already such a busy month and I don't like to waste money on shipping. Don't really want to bother with the hold system either, it seems to be quite a hassle.

test_account

XP-39C²
It would have been cheaper to get the Steam and GOG version regardless if one only want to play the game and dont care about the collectable aspect. The game was $14.99 there, compared to LRG's physical copy for $24.99. I agree that the timing is kinda strange though.

Aokage

You keep teasing us(me) with all these tidbits. Why must you torture us(me) so?

Every game needs a coordinated viral hype campaign!

No, I'm kidding. I just wanted to address the person who had repeated something Doug said in confidence. Obviously, until contracts are signed between every party (which in the case of Fata is huge -- dev, pubs, voice actor studios, individuals), nothing can be stated officially.

I think looking at Ebay.com is a good indication. Of course Ebay.com isnt the only sales outlet, i think most people will try to flip it there. It will also variate from game to game, but percentage wise, i think the flipping is maybe 5-10% tops.

Hmm. That number seems a bit lower than I would have guesstimated, but I'd be happy to be wrong. When I get some time I might actually try to do the analysis and serious math on the subject, it's an interesting topic.

Weevilone

Any yet the LRG first batch still sold out like hawt cakes, in under 10 minutes no less.

As a couple people mentioned, it was announced after the batch sold out.

But that doesn't really have anything to do with my point. It's simply weird timing for the dev to do that.

Aokage

This is a weird one. Dying Reborn is a horrible derivative boring bad experience on PS4, but with the actually-good Japanese voice acting and due to a lack of anything else resembling it on Vita, pretty decent on that platform.

Um, if it happens, hey LRG, make sure to get the JP/Asia region build so players have the option to switch to non-ear-injuring VA :) (AFAIK, the JP voice is not in the NA/EU builds).

38 average on Metacritic and all but one critic are below 50. Not saying anyone should listen to review averages but when it's a game of "hidden gem type" then there are usually some positive opinions on it.

Would not buy it. Too many good games out there.

Definitely agreed on the PS4 front. It's honestly not worth your time. As a portable experience, though, it's very novel.

LiK

Well, I already own this from a PSN sale. Gotta have the physical.

test_account

XP-39C²
Hmm. That number seems a bit lower than I would have guesstimated, but I'd be happy to be wrong. When I get some time I might actually try to do the analysis and serious math on the subject, it's an interesting topic.
I did a quick look at Deemo for Vita earlier, on Ebay.com. It was currently at ~25 copies available, and about 12 had sold in the last 14 days (so that would be ~25 copies listed + 12 copies sold). Its one of the newest LRG game, but the numbers of resold copies for that particular title wasnt a lot. But as mentioned, Ebay.com isnt the only sales outlet and it will variate from game to game.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So apparently Darius and Furi have two unique trading card designs which I believe make them numbered 001, and 004.
So far I've only seen 002 and 003 online including my own. Wonder what it looks like.

I knew I wouldn't have a full set since I no longer purchase the PS4 titles, now I won't even have a full Vita set, hehe.
Oh well, I don't really mind. These are just neat extras.

hawk2025

Aaaand gone.

I can't believe they moved 4,800 copies of Jotun so damn fast.

So apparently Darius and Furi have two unique trading card designs which I believe make them numbered 001, and 004.
So far I've only seen 002 and 003 online including my own. Wonder what it looks like.

I knew I wouldn't have a full set since I no longer purchase the PS4 titles, now I won't even have a full Vita set, hehe.
Oh well, I don't really mind. These are just neat extras.

You have got to be kidding me. Do we have confirmation of this?

This literally only benefits scalpers that will sell the cards by itself on ebay.

Wow, sold out in under 3 minutes. So much for the Steam/GOG freebies affecting sales, lol. This makes me not regret my purchase anymore - there has to be something to the game if it sells out this quickly.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Yeah, I don't think sales on other platforms, or PS+ status will affect sales at all.
There's a specific reason people opt for physical.

3 and a half minutes. Bam.

test_account

XP-39C²
This is such bullshit! I added the game to the cart, and i was going to pay with Paypal, but i didnt have enough money in the account, so Paypal asked me to add another card. I then added more money to my account, but Paypal still said that i had to add another card. So i had to add the exact same card for it to register. And then, "item sold out" :(

To be a bit fair though, i should have made sure that i had enough money in the account to begin with. But still, this sucks! It was like i was unable to cancel the transaction and add it again, Paypal automatically thought there wasnt enough money in my account without me having to get the card, enter all the details and add it again.

Oh well, i wouldnt have a complete set anyway. I missed both releases of Darius Chronicles for PS4 and i dont have Saturday Morning RPG PS4 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom