• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prelude.

So...

CONFIRMED

- Oddworld New N' Tasty (PS4/Vita - April)
- Futuridium LP (PS4/Vita - May)
- Cosmic Star Heroine (PS4/Vita - ???)
- Volume (Vita - ???)
- Y2K (PS4/Vita - ???)
- Soldner X2 (Vita - ???)
- Rainbow Moon (PS4/Vita - ???)
- Lost Sea (PS4 - ???)

RUMORED

- Octodad (PS4/Vita - ???)
- Skullgirls 2nd Encore (PS4/Vita - ???)

And that cyberpunk bartending game. I always forget the name.
VA-11 HALL-A

And also Read Only Memories.

Except that LRG took the first step into limited physical publishing of other publishers games and the last thing people will take are delays. Gaijinworks, while localizing new games, is still offering me something I can't get elsewhere, that they localized it themselves.

Vic is awesome, I hope everyone picked up Summon Night 5! We both picked it up at Limited Run (Josh & Douglas). It might very well be the last physical PSP game. I can't wait to see what Vic does next!

So...

CONFIRMED

- Oddworld New N' Tasty (PS4/Vita - April)
- Futuridium LP (PS4/Vita - May)
- Cosmic Star Heroine (PS4/Vita - ???)
- Volume (Vita - ???)
- Y2K (PS4/Vita - ???)
- Soldner X2 (Vita - ???)
- Rainbow Moon (PS4/Vita - ???)
- Lost Sea (PS4 - ???)

RUMORED

- Octodad (PS4/Vita - ???)
- Skullgirls 2nd Encore (PS4/Vita - ???)

I would add VA-11 HALL-A to the rumored list.

I actually forgot about the Rainbow Moon announcement. I haven't bought anything from them yet, but LRG has a few upcoming releases I'm interested in getting.

Shizuka

Vic is awesome, I hope everyone picked up Summon Night 5! We both picked it up at Limited Run (Josh & Douglas). It might very well be the last physical PSP game. I can't wait to see what Vic does next!

I think Class of Heroes 3 will make it, but it'll most likely be the last one.

Prelude.

USPS actually recently raised their prices, so it's going to be worse.

And once you actually get to pay VAT and an administrative fee on your imports, it's a hell of a lot more that "just $15".
Assuming they're not marking down the price like VG+ does, it still should be below the customs limit.
Can't they just use regular airmail?

Chesskid1

Banned
i was planning to buy every release of LRG for vita because i love the vita and i love what LRG is doing but i guess i'm just going to buy what i want to play.

i didn't think they would release as many games as they are doing (which is a good thing!). let's say they release 20 games for vita, at $30ish a pop that's going to add up quick!

never played an oddworld game before but i heard it's a quality series.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
i was planning to buy every release of LRG for vita because i love the vita and i love what LRG is doing but i guess i'm just going to buy what i want to play.

i didn't think they would release as many games as they are doing (which is a good thing!). let's say they release 20 games for vita, at $30ish a pop that's going to add up quick!

never played an oddworld game before but i heard it's a quality series.

I was planning on buying all Vita and PS4 but now that things are ramping up, yeah. This is going to get expensive.
Vita for sure though. We'll see.

Clive

I think LRG requires tracking for maybe understandable reasons but it really does drive up the shipping costs. Wish there was some way repeat customers who don't give them issues could at least get the option for regular mail. I live in Canada and I've bought hundreds of items from the US without issues and I don't care about a fast delivery or having tracking.

I am willing to accept the shipping costs and I do think LRG's prices for the games themselves are fair but it does hurt the wallet when shipping costs are half a game.

Ahab

Banned
We would love to go after things like,

The Atelier series (there are a bunch that never got physical!)
Yakuza 5
Fatal Frame
Phoenix Wright
Attack On Titan

So yeah let us know if you'd legit buy these titles.

I would buy the ever living shit out of the first four. (Ace Attorney >>>> Yakuza > Fatal Frame >>>> Atelier). Please make it happen.

So we need to ask....

The whole thing about us going after bigger games like Fatal Frame, Yakuza, etc, is that they wouldn't be part of the LRG line. We would just be paying to be the sole distributor basically. We would have to charge more than our normal price. For example Yakuza 5 would be $45-$60 and we would have to order at least 5,000 copies, but in some cases for other games we would order up to 10,000, maybe more.

So what we want to know is, would you honestly pay that price? We don't want people to think if we get a huge game that we can magically make the price $24.99-$30. We would have to buy these games at bulk from the publisher. BUT it would mean that a physical copy would actually exist and we would have access to even more titles in the future if this did well.

So just take a moment to digest that. We have a chance right now to do something similar with a game for Vita but the price would have to be $44.99. But we would gain access to more titles in that series and possibly other series from them.
I would easily pay $60+ for physical copies of games like Yakuza 5 and Ace Attorney 5 so I'm fine with it.

Assuming they're not marking down the price like VG+ does, it still should be below the customs limit.

The customs limit is €22 in the Eurozone, so unless the dollar drops a bit VAT is actually due on all of their games. $25 also exceeds the £15 (iirc?) customs limit in the UK.

The customs limit is €22 in the Eurozone, so unless the dollar drops a bit VAT is actually due on all of their games. $25 also exceeds the £15 (iirc?) customs limit in the UK.

They mark down the games to around $10 I believe so that probably helps some of them sneak past customs. I've not been hit by customs on either Saturday Morning RPG or Breach and Clear, hope I've not cursed myself now for Oddworld!

Shipping is still just $15 internationally unless you get something heavy with your games (like a shirt or a wad of stickers). It jumps to $22 at around 9 ounces which is about the weight of three games.

The good news is that we're testing out a distribution partner for Futuridium who may be able to get international shipping down to $10 with customs fees/duties prepaid. No guarantees on that, but we're hoping that pans out.

We're going to stick to no more than two releases per month. We don't want to oversaturate the market so we're going to play things carefully. Don't get overwhelmed by the announcements because these will all come through at different points in the next few months.

c-murph

Shipping is still just $15 internationally unless you get something heavy with your games (like a shirt or a wad of stickers). It jumps to $22 at around 9 ounces which is about the weight of three games.

The good news is that we're testing out a distribution partner for Futuridium who may be able to get international shipping down to $10 with customs fees/duties prepaid. No guarantees on that, but we're hoping that pans out.

We're going to stick to no more than two releases per month. We don't want to oversaturate the market so we're going to play things carefully. Don't get overwhelmed by the announcements because these will all come through at different points in the next few months.

I think two different release a month is fine. If one title has a PS4 and Vita version than I think releasing them simultaneously is expected.

Prelude.

You can add me to the "don't care about tracking and fast delivery" crowd.
If possible, it'd be nice to have the option to choose a cheap regular airmail, if it drives down the price.

c-murph

FYI LRG: Just if you do decide to add a cheaper - untracked mail option; be prepared to deal with a large headache of "Lost" international shipments. Make sure you say somewhere on their purchase that due to the nature of the item you will not replace lost untracked mail.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Tracking is nice, but it's not a necessity. I'm used to being stubborn and not getting tracking on my Japanese packages (only to be impatient after a few weeks have gone by...)

US>elsewhere shipping is wildly expensive compared to other countries, no idea why.

If games are marked at $10 and shipping is $15 then that is breaking the £15 (UK) import limit, meaning if you've not been charged you just got lucky. If you do get charged you're looking at ~£3.50 VAT plus a likely £12 'handling' fee by the delivery company.

Just so you know.

Unfortunately tracking isn't the issue with the expense - it's just that the USPS is ridiculously overpriced vs every other countries' postal systems. Our fulfillment partner is working out a way to get items into Europe and other continents in bulk and then mailing them out via the local systems. This would lower the total cost to around $10 per shipment (flat!) and import duties would be prepaid in that price. It would also be more trackable then USPS! Wins all around. Hopefully this works out!

blacksark

Unfortunately tracking isn't the issue with the expense - it's just that the USPS is ridiculously overpriced vs every other countries' postal systems. Our fulfillment partner is working out a way to get items into Europe and other continents in bulk and then mailing them out via the local systems. This would lower the total cost to around $10 per shipment (flat!) and import duties would be prepaid in that price. It would also be more trackable then USPS! Wins all around. Hopefully this works out!

That sounds incredibly nice.

thank you for further clarification, I'll keep an eye on the release of Futuridium then!

EDIT:

Yes! that would be ideal. I guess I'll skip Oddworld to jump back in when (and if) things get sorted out ;)

Spinoff90

As an option. If you want to pay more for tracking, that's fine, but I'd like to opt out if I can.
It'll get here, eventually.

As long as the current shipping remains the default I guess I can live with options. Don't want my order process slowed down having to switch to an option with tracking while a game is quickly selling out just so somebody else could save a few bucks. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Shizuka

Isn't that what VGP does? That's a really good option, IMO. Kudos to you guys if you manage to get a similar deal, it's great for the customers.

Jimm

I know it's not out yet, but I am SUPER PUMPED for Severed on the Vita later this month!

That would be a magnificent game for a Limited Run :D

dolabla

So I finally opened my Saturday Morning RPG copies (PS4 & Vita). I was gonna keep them sealed (along with Breach & Clear and future LRG), but I caved.

I haven't tried Breach & Clear yet, but I've been playing Saturday Morning RPG on my brand spankin new Neon Orange Vita and I really like it. I'm currently on episode 3.

That's awesome more games got confirmed! I can finally try out more games I've never played before. Hopefully you guys can get Yakuza 5. That's my personal crown jewel.

I'm really very happy for LRG and how business is blowing up for them.

I wasnt able to get a copy of B&C and I missed the first wave of SMRPG. I managed to grab the vita version during the second sale but missed the ps4.

I'm really not looking forward to the anxiety and disappointment when I inevitably miss another game.

Does anyone else wish they would print more then 2k copies? I understand the appeal to small print runs but it makes it very hard to actually acquire them as a collector and a gamer. I wish it was more a kickstarter style where they printed enough for all the pre orders/backers.

Shinriji

How about some SNK classics? I would love having a physical Metal Slug 3 and Last Blade 2. Also SNK collectors are the group that usually pays huge sums of money for AES releases.

How about some SNK classics? I would love having a physical Metal Slug 3 and Last Blade 2. Also SNK collectors are the group that usually pays huge sums of money for AES releases.

We had a very brief discussion with some SNK folks at GDC but it hasn't gone anywhere yet. Definitely something we want to do. It would be awesome if we could figure out how to make some Vita sized shockboxes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom