• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List: Already released PS4 titles that will get a PS4 Pro mode/update

KingJ2002

I would love for Ubisoft to take another look at Assassin's Creed Unity and Assassin's Creed Syndicate... upping the resolution to 1080p / 4K, stabilizing the frame rate, and adding HDR would get me to play through them again... especially AC unity.

Spasm

Respawn peeps, will the Pro version of Titanfall 2 be enhanced in any way whatsoever? 1080p (vs. 900p) 60 fps seems like a given, but is there anything more substantial than that. My decision to buy one likely rests on your... respawnce.

farisr

Haha I know. It was definitely the way I came away from the PS Meeting yesterday though. "Man, I guess my TV sucks." We'll see what Black Friday offers up this year, but chances are I won't be upgrading my TV for a while.
A 4KTV purchase for me is really far away due to the only affordable TVs in my current price range not having HDR. Hope things pick up the pace and prices start dropping fast.

I'm more likely to get a 4k Projector next year than a 4KTV, that's if Optoma does what they do best, provide quality at relatively low pricing. (I got my great native 1080p projector, that's still decent when compared to modern projectors for $900 in 2009)

So is MGSV getting a Pro patch?

That definitive edition is coming out in October. Does that count as a released game needing to support Pro?

farisr

So is MGSV getting a Pro patch?

That definitive edition is coming out in October. Does that count as a released game needing to support Pro?
Depends on how they're handling it. If it's just the old MGSV disc, with a code to download all the DLC and Ground Zeroes, they can get away with no Pro support. If it's all bundled in on a disc and they had to submit it for certification, they would be required to have a Pro mode. I'm inclined to believe they'll likely be doing the former. No real reason other than thinking Konami would go for the cheapest option.

lord

Do i have to buy a new version of my games in order to get the improved version on my Neo or is it a patch type thing? Sorry if this has been asked before.

rothbart

Is that Sony Asia pic legit? All those games are getting some sort of PS4 Pro support?

There's a mandate that any game releasing after Oct (I think it was Oct) HAS to have Pro support. So this picture should be never-ending... it's just the transition period and retro-patches that should be of interest. Eventually everything will support it.

greekappi

Rocksteady is making that Arkham VR game after all.

Speaking of VR, I am wondering if this bundle of the Playstation VR http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-vr-launch-bundle/5117400.p?id=bb5117400&skuId=5117400 comes with the newly announced revised Playstation Camera. Has anyone heard of them changing what's included with the bundle?

I'm assuming the new camera will be meant for VR since it can now rotate and I would love if the bundle came with that one so I don't have two useless OG PS Cameras (one I bought with system on launch and the other with the VR bundle) and have to buy the new one separately.

I wouldn't mind seeing The Divison get some love. They have been trying to fix some issues with the game and this would be a good way to draw some people back in.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Respawn peeps, will the Pro version of Titanfall 2 be enhanced in any way whatsoever? 1080p (vs. 900p) 60 fps seems like a given, but is there anything more substantial than that. My decision to buy one likely rests on your... respawnce.

I don't think we're talking specifics yet (sorry!), but we've had our Pro devkits for a while now...

I will say, though, that you shouldn't take anything from the Tech Test in regards to performance/res/etc. as whats shipping on the disc for X1/PS4. :)

Raylan

Banned
I added Ratchet & Clank now. I mean, as already stated, come one ;)
+
mJYbKBO.png

That ps4 pro enhanced logo from Sony looks so lazy...thought I would make a much better version to use. Those corners are so inconsistent

Cr1iWrvWgAAJsKt.jpg

Raylan

Banned
a patch just to make it compatible with Neo?...why wouldn't it just work out of the box?...so no enhancements with graphics or performance?
No!
Dude, read the OP. The PS4 Pro is just a stronger PS4. It's a PS4. All PS4 games will run on the ordinary PS4 and on the PS4 Pro.

The patch/update that we are talking about will enhance the game for the PS4 Pro.
Means = The "old" game (like The Last of Us Remastered, for example) will look&run BETTER on the PS4 Pro.

Top Bottom