• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of Movie Cinematic Universes that are being worked on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dram

http://www.vulture.com/2016/04/guide-to-the-explosion-of-cinematic-universes.html
So besides the major ones (Marvel, DC, X-Men, Star Wars), here are some of the less known Cinematic Universes being worked on:

GHOSTBUSTERS
Studio: Sony

TRANSFORMERS
Studio: Paramount

LEGO
Studio: Warner Bros.

JUMP STREET / MEN IN BLACK

GODZILLA / KING KONG

UNIVERSAL HORROR
Studio: Universal
I thought Dracula Untold was supposed to be the first film, but it looks like The Mummy, starring Tom Cruise will be the official beginning of the Universe.

KING ARTHUR

VALIANT COMICS

CALL OF DUTY
Studio: Activision Blizzard Studios

ROBIN HOOD

http://www.slashfilm.com/hanna-barbera-cinematic-universe/
Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe
Studio: Warner Brothers

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hasbro-cinematic-universe-takes-shape-886316
Hasbro Cinematic Universe
Studio: Allspark Pictures, Hasbro’s film label

Not

Banned
Transformers is a safe bet. Maybe LEGO too and one other one. The rest will tank, and tank hilariously.

Does it really count as cinematic universes if the films are just sequels? I would think spinoffs would have to be a thing.

iMax

Wasn't there a rumour Universal that are building one around Fast & Furious with a bunch of spin-offs?

SpaceWolf

Banned
Are they really working on a Transformers Cinematic Universe or is this just what we've started to call a series of movies that happen to share the same continuity now?

http://www.vulture.com/2016/04/guide-to-the-explosion-of-cinematic-universes.html
So besides the major ones (Marvel, DC, X-Men, Star Wars), here are some of the less known Cinematic Universes being worked on:

There's also the Hasbro Cinematic Universe, which may or may not be different than the Transformers one.. The plan is for a universe featuring Hasbro’s G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM brands.

Michael Chabon, who wrote the novel The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay and worked on Spider-Man 2; Brian K. Vaughan, the creator of seminal comic works Y: The Last Man and Saga and showrunner of Under the Dome; and Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain Marvel co-writer Nicole Perlman, will help develop a plan for the creation of an interconnected onscreen universe .

Also in the group are:

► Lindsey Beer, who was just hired to adapt Kingkiller Chronicle for Lionsgate
► Cheo Coker, showrunner of Marvel’s Netflix show Luke Cage
► John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, the comedy writing team who penned Spider-Man: Homecoming
► Joe Robert Cole (a writer on People vs. OJ Simpson who is also writing Black Panther for Marvel)
► Jeff Pinkner, who wrote the adaptation of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower)
► Nicole Riegel (writer behind the Blacklist script Dogfight)
► Geneva Robertson (one of the writers of new Tomb Raider movie project).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hasbro-cinematic-universe-takes-shape-886316

Cheebo

Banned
It's funny seeing Universal Horror and Godzilla as new ones.

As both did the MCU style cinematic universe of multiple sub-franchises going on at once and crossing over and culminating in team-up films decades and decades ago.

JeTmAn81

There's also the Hasbro Cinematic Universe, which may or may not be different than the Transformers one.. The plan is for a universe featuring Hasbro’s G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM brands.

They need Michael Chabon for the Hasbro Cinematic Universe? Pearls before swine.

You're missing the Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe kicking off with S.C.O.O.B.

Thought this was a joke. It's not.

Sony is run by a bunch of idiots.

Aren't they doing an animated Spider-Man movie? What's stopping them from doing a cinematic universe around that? They could realize their retarded ass vision they had for live action Spidey, at least it'd make more money.

Layell

What even are half of these. Things like Ghostbusters and Transformers seems more of a franchise than any sort of "cinematic universe" but I guess that is the buzzword these days. Does anyone really want to see 21 Jump and MIB together in the same film, I haven' seen any of the 21 Jump movies but... how, and why? Godzilla and King Kong is whatever since Godzilla has always had those sorts of monster versus films, I mean what do you even do after they fight?

Marvel worked as a cinematic universe because having superheroes team up is awesome, and then they kept it going by not having all the films look and feel exactly the same. Does anyone care if Dracula and Frankenstien's monster appear in the same film? Things like that feel more like some Haloween special.

Fuck the negativity, I'm all fucking in for Godzilla. I want every fucking monster, from Biollante to Mechagodzilla to King Caesar. GIVE IT TO MEEEE

Whacky Racers post apocalyptic movie? :D

Naw, this:

eG4EE2j.jpg

MisterHero

wasn't there a Scooby Doo / Hanna Barbera universe in the works?

as long as it doesn't screw up Jonny Quest, I'm fine with it

edit: beaten

I don't understand how Call of Duty can be a cinematic universe. At all.

I'm still waiting for my Nintendo cinematic universe that leads to a Smash Brothers movie. Nintendo said a few months ago movie talks were progressing and they were hoping to announce something at the end of this year or the beginning of the next.

Clipse

Jonah Hill said in an interview a few months ago that MIB 23 most likely isn't going to happen. Sucks because I would actually watch the hell out of that movie.

So Scoob will be reverse Avengers. Instead of starting with Ironman we start with Nick Fury. End credit scene will be Scooby recruiting Yogi Bear into S.c.o.o.b. The Mystery Protocol.

Scrappy doo is Thanos. Kill me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom