• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet 3 Shown PS4 (November 2014)

Jigorath

Banned
It's cool to see so many devs in this thread. This is going to be up there with Destiny as my most played game during the holidays.

Aces&Eights

Well, I for one am really excited to hear from the devs in this thread about the tweaking they did to refine the controls. I could live with it as it were in the last 2 installments but there were moments of frustration for sure.

I'm a 41 year old man and playing this series brings me back to the feels I had back in the 80s when I would play SMB arcade at the local convenient store. I just love the art design, music, superb level design and just the overall ebb and flow of the game.

Really looking forward to this one, guys!

wouwie

What really bugs me about this is there PS4 gets the same create space as PS3 just maintain Backwards compatibility, don't like that at all.

Maybe give the PS4 a lot more but have a separate split in the Create gauge, that give's you a warning when its no longer "sharable with PS3's"

Bad new's man
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/mbqrq1/littlebigplanet-3-e3-2014---what-s-new--interview
go to 2.45

I can understand that the developers want to offer a PS3 version of LBP3. However, the best solution in this case would be to allow the creators to create levels that are compatible with PS4 only or PS3+PS4. Ideally, the PS4 only levels would make use of the power of the new consoles and allow creators to make bigger and more complex levels. At some point the series will need to move forward so why not start now by giving the choice of PS3 or PS4 only levels.

Stupid question: was this game originaly made for the ps3 and ended up being ported to the ps4 just to get more sales revenue? The game looks beautiful don't get me wrong but, it just looks like a ps3 game and not a true next gen littlebig planet.

Stupid question: was this game originaly made for the ps3 and ended up being ported to the ps4 just to get more sales revenue? The game looks beautiful don't get me wrong but, it just looks like a ps3 game and not a true next gen littlebig planet.
We can assume as much, yeah. There were some old job listings and rumours that Sumo was working on LBP3 for ps3 and after a hiatus on any info the first we heard about PS4 was when the game was revealed.

Makes me wonder if the LBPhub was at one point the one and the same with 3 and what made them change the product considering Sony seems to be more about F2P than ever.

We can assume as much, yeah. There were some old job listings and rumours that Sumo was working on LBP3 for ps3 and after a hiatus on any info the first we heard about PS4 was when the game was revealed.

Makes me wonder if the LBPhub was at one point the one and the same with 3 and what made them change the product considering Sony seems to be more about F2P than ever.

Yes the job listings, i remember now. Thanks!

I can understand that the developers want to offer a PS3 version of LBP3. However, the best solution in this case would be to allow the creators to create levels that are compatible with PS4 only or PS3+PS4. Ideally, the PS4 only levels would make use of the power of the new consoles and allow creators to make bigger and more complex levels. At some point the series will need to move forward so why not start now by giving the choice of PS3 or PS4 only levels.

Couldn't agree more dude, same thing i said.

I understand not everyone's this Gen, but that statement just openly admits their holding it back on purpose, i'd well take more creative space then some extra pretty pixels

The Lamp

What really bugs me about this is there PS4 gets the same create space as PS3 just maintain Backwards compatibility, don't like that at all.

Maybe give the PS4 a lot more but have a separate split in the Create gauge, that give's you a warning when its no longer "sharable with PS3's"

Bad new's man
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/mbqrq1/littlebigplanet-3-e3-2014---what-s-new--interview
go to 2.45

This is absolutely stupid. 6 years later, now that we've moved on to a new console, the PS3 is still holding me back in how much I can put in a level? Fuck that, Sony.

Really looking forward to this... really enjoyed 1, didn't really get that much into 2 but what I did play I enjoyed...

Played LBP a lot with my kids, and I already feel this is going to be a game that I will get the whole family involved with on Christmas day.

Portugeezer

How are the limits in LBP games?

A 2D plane seems limited, although I know people pushed it on PS3 but it felt more like clever work arounds rather than something the game would be good for.

Kuse

Banned
Who can honestly turn down just a fun and simple game like this you know? It's refreshing to have a game that isn't a shoot em up.

JLeack

Banned
I wish I got to see more than one level. I'm sold on the mechanics, but have no idea how the entire package comes together. I hope it's as solid of a local multi game as I hope.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I wish I got to see more than one level. I'm sold on the mechanics, but have no idea how the entire package comes together. I hope it's as solid of a local multi game as I hope.

LBP is great for local fun, just keep in mind that it's shared-screen style local multiplayer. Even beyond the story levels, there are a lot of community made levels that are dumb fun. And quality fun, but the dumb fun ones are really amazing.

slash3584

Couldn't agree more dude, same thing i said.

I understand not everyone's this Gen, but that statement just openly admits their holding it back on purpose, i'd well take more creative space then some extra pretty pixels

This just makes it more evident that they didn't plan for a PS4 release.

I will wait for more info, but at this moment the only differences apparently are an improved resolution and using the Share / Remote Play with the PS4.

Not bad, as this is exactly what most cross gen games are, but after the reveal I kind of expected more.

Werent you one of the neogaf members who was really into LBP1 when it came out, I think I remembered playing a level by you with a frog jump that was particularly difficult. Either way, cool to see you get involved with the series!

I think the level you're thinking of is Sackhouette, by Luckett_X.

Donkey Show did the Azure Palace, and Stage 8 - Alien's Lair, in the GAF LittleBigContra collaboration.

This just makes it more evident that they didn't plan for a PS4 release.

I will wait for more info, but at this moment the only differences apparently are an improved resolution and using the Share / Remote Play with the PS4.

Not bad, as this is exactly what most cross gen games are, but after the reveal I kind of expected more.

Yeah but as i posted in the video,they have confirmed that PS4 will have the EXACT same space as PS3 for "Backwords Compatibility",,,, never thought i would seen them 2 words in a negative way

They really should have just thrown out the PS3 port.

PS3 game sales are becoming ridiculously insignificant already compared to next-gen versions.

Outside of mega franchises like CoD, I doubt these ports make much financial sense, and only serve to hold back the title's potential on current gen consoles.

They really should have just thrown out the PS3 port.

PS3 game sales are becoming ridiculously insignificant already compared to next-gen versions.

Outside of mega franchises like CoD, I doubt these ports make much financial sense, and only serve to hold back the title's potential on current gen consoles.

Except that, more than likely, this is basically just a continuation of LBP Hub, which was supposed to come out on PS3 last year. In other words, this was already a PS3 game to begin with that they're porting to PS4, as opposed to a PS4 game that's being ported to the PS3 (i.e. the high end cross gen games like Titanfall or Watchdogs or Destiny).

hymanator

One thing is for sure, Super LBP Fighter II Turbo - Tournament Edition is going to be glorious to play on the PS4.

I might have to work on a sequel to this when 3 gets released. =)

It's sort of disappointing that LBP 3 on PS4 will have to be dumbed down for the sake of the PS3 version. It will leave me wondering how much bigger and better I could have designed a level on PS4 if it weren't for the premature thermometer limit set by the PS3 version.

On the bright side though, creators will have a much larger audience for whatever levels they publish.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I might have to work on a sequel to this when 3 gets released. =)

It's sort of disappointing that LBP 3 on PS4 will have to be dumbed down for the sake of the PS3 version. It will leave me wondering how much bigger and better I could have designed a level on PS4 if it weren't for the premature thermometer limit set by the PS3 version.

On the bright side though, creators will have a much larger audience for whatever levels they publish.

Man, the original had me and my friends laughing our bony coccyxs's off. Great job.

And yes, I agree. Honestly, I think that audience size should be the choice of the content creator, if having a bigger audience means having a less complex level.

I was trying to make a top-down sprite based game that almost looked like a JRPG when you're walking around town, but with more detail and interaction, somewhat like a point-n'-click adventure. Last I left it, I had a room and a connected bathroom, a couple pieces of furniture, some interactive objects and some animations. The thermo was almost full and the area ran at something like 10 fps, and that was with a bunch of emitter tricks to reduce size and immediate clutter.

Top Bottom