• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Known Facts About Celebrities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

This might be well-known now, but when he was a young teenager Mark Wahlberg beat an Asian man just for being Asian, causing him to be permanently blind.

....holy shit

Also-Just because I love this story:

Tommy Lee Jones is hardly a Jim Carrey fan. The two award-winning actors worked together on 1995's Batman Forever, but their relationship was far from cooperative when the cameras weren't rolling. Carrey played the Riddler alongside Jones' Two-Face with Val Kilmer in the role of the Caped Crusader.

Carrey, 52, was asked about his time with Jones when he appeared on The Howard Stern Show on Tuesday, Oct. 28, in promotion of his upcoming movie Dumb and Dumber To.

"When you were doing Batman Forever, when you were making that, the legend goes that you were on the set fighting with this guy Tommy Lee Jones the whole time," Howard Stern began. "The two of you did not get along at all, you annoyed him, he annoyed you..."

The comedian did not deny the claims and reflected back to his time filming the superhero movie with Jones, now 68.

"I think what happened was, I was really looking forward to working with Tommy because he's a fantastic actor and he still is to me, I mean he's amazing, but he was a little crusty, he was a little crusty," Carrey said, going on to joke about Jones' Ivy League education. "Sometimes that Rhodes Scholarship is more of a weapon than an asset."

"I think he was just a little freaked out because Dumb and Dumber came out on the same weekend as Cobb, and Cobb was his big swing for the fences and that didn't work out and that freaked him out a bit I think," the actor continued, referencing Jones' 1994 Ty Cobb biopic, which opened to mixed reviews from critics and less-than-stellar box office numbers.

Any suspicions Carrey had that Jones felt negatively about him were confirmed one night during the filming of Batman Forever.

"I walked into a restaurant the night before our big scene in the Riddler's lair and the maitre'd said, 'You're working with Tommy Lee Jones, aren't you?' And I said 'Yeah, I am.' He said, 'He's in the back corner, he's having dinner.' I said, 'Oh, great, I'll go say hi.'" Carrey told Stern. "I went up to say hi and the blood drained from his face, in such a way that I realized that I had become the face of his pain or something."

"He got up, kind of shaking, and hugged me and said 'I hate you. I really don't like you,'" Carrey added. "I was like 'Wow, okay. Well, what's going on man?' And he said, 'I cannot sanction your buffoonery.' He did not want to work with me at that point."

buffoonery.jpg

Dai101

Banned
J1uAWvg.jpg

Danny Trejo, before he was an actor was an inmate, serving time in prisons across California. When he got out and been away of drugs and serving as a counselor of troubled youths landed his first ever role in Runaway Train when one kid he was helping called him 'Hey, I'm having a big problem down here, there's a lot of cocaine,' So the former prisoner drove down to meet the young man.

As soon as he got there, Trejo realized it was a movie set. After counseling the 18-year-old, Trejo was approached by someone from the movie set. The man asked Trejo if he wanted to be an extra in the film and if he was comfortable playing an inmate.

Meowster

The Sean Penn thing is absolutely disgusting and it is why I have hated him for years. He does that and wins TWO Academy Awards? Madonna isn't much better either but she's the victim so she can do things the way that she wants to.

vikki

This might be well-known now, but when he was a young teenager Mark Wahlberg beat an Asian man just for being Asian, causing him to be permanently blind.

This doesn't make it any better, but it's blind in one eye isn't it?

Prompto

Banned
Tina Fey was slashed in the face when she was in Kindergarten by some random person in an alley which is why she has a scar on her chin and cheek.

JaseMath

J1uAWvg.jpg

Danny Trejo, before he was an actor was an inmate, serving time in prisons across California. When he got out and been away of drugs and serving as a counselor of troubled youths landed his first ever role in Runaway Train when one kid he was helping called him 'Hey, I'm having a big problem down here, there's a lot of cocaine,' So the former prisoner drove down to meet the young man.

As soon as he got there, Trejo realized it was a movie set. After counseling the 18-year-old, Trejo was approached by someone from the movie set. The man asked Trejo if he wanted to be an extra in the film and if he was comfortable playing an inmate.
He also almost exclusively plays bad guys that die/have something terrible happen to them to discourage minors from getting involved in crime.

Jeri Ryan's (Star Trek Seven of Nine) adversion to swinger clubs eventually led to Obama becoming president.

Seriously. Look it up.

Dai101

Banned
The Sean Penn thing is absolutely disgusting and it is why I have hated him for years. He does that and wins TWO Academy Awards? Madonna isn't much better either but she's the victim so she can do things the way that she wants to.

Not related at all but I FUCKING LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
John Travolta is gay.

If you didn't know it, come on GAF, I'll get you off.

Um, this thread is titled " Little Known Facts About Celebrities" and your completely ignoring part of that title.

It's the "little known" part.

Mr. Blue in Reservoir Dogs was played by Eddie Bunker. Like Danny Trejo he was a real life criminal with quite a history. Jon Voight's character in Heat was based on him.

Goldrush

Jeri Ryan's (Star Trek Seven of Nine) adversion to swinger clubs eventually led to Obama becoming president.

Seriously. Look it up.

Yeah. My first introduction to Obama was because of the scandal. Was surprised and wasn't a supporter of Obama at the beginning of presidential race because I just thought of him as a guy that got lucky.

Yeah. My first introduction to Obama was because of the scandal. Was surprised and wasn't a supporter of Obama at the beginning of presidential race because I just thought of him as a guy that got lucky.
Obama was up in the polls before the scandal anyway.

Still, it's one of those stories that makes you ponder parallel universe theories...

Obama was up in the polls before the scandal anyway.

Still, it's one of those stories that makes you ponder parallel universe theories...

As someone who actually lives in Illinois, Obama would have won that race anyway, but it would have actually been close instead of the laugher it became afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom