• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

How do you download the launch code costumes?? I put the code in and the download button for them is greyed out. I can manually select them in game by going to the store and then choosing wear but that's cumbersome.

I think you're mixing two different things.

-You link accounts to unlock content from the first 2 games, on this one. Nothing DLC related.

-For DLC you own from previous games, you need to "purchase" it in the store. Make sure it's marked as free, otherwise wait since not everything is updated. Then after that, grayed out costumes are already in the game, so you just open the popit and choose it.

Unless is a different problem. But DLC wise, not everything has made the transition, so don't freak out if you see something you own with a price.

Stuff like the launch shirts are also free, but can only be added as a bundle to the cart which shows a $5 price. So, it's a matter of waiting.

I did confuse them, but my Kratos costume says owned with a line through it but it isn't in my popit. Same for Stay Puft. And my MGS pack doesn't even show up as bought. Guess I'll be patient.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Finally got all of my pre-order stuff after spending half an hour on the phone with GameStop support and having to drive down to the stupid store to get my code (the woman at the register offered to give the code over the phone to the support guy, but the support guy said that I'd come into the store without actually asking me first).

Hopefully I won't have to touch Gamestop for a good long while.

Bought my very first rare T-shirt (I was there for LBP1 and 2 and PSP, but I thought that $5 was too big of an asking price. Having the shirt available for all characters makes it a little better in 3.)

Does anyone know if it is possible on PS4 to share DLC on the same system if both PSN accounts have that system set as their main one? Back in 2008, I was using a different PSN account, and at some point I decided to make a new account because I didn't like my old name. I had some LBP DLC purchased on that original account (MGS stuff and most of the early costumes for example), and because of the PS4's content sharing system, I was able to use that DLC on my new account without having to rebuy it. With the PS4, I don't know if that's the case. I know that you can play the games owned by the main account, but I'm worried that add-on content doesn't work the same way.

I really don't want to have to rebuy my old add-ons...

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Up to the Ziggurat. So far this is definitely my favorite story campaign of the series. It might end up being relatively short, but it's very tightly designed. So many clever uses of the new features and mechanics. The Pumpinator is a tool that keeps on spawning interesting situations. I love being able to use it in unconventional ways, like
blowing the bubbles out of my path during the "angry jumping bears" mission
. I also can't believe I'm controlling a character that moves like Oddsock in an LBP game! It's like a dream come true, no joke.

So much credit to Sumo for delivering on all these fronts. I go out of my way to play the side missions not just because I'm a completionist, but also because they're just damn FUN. Must've required tons of iteration and playtesting.

Haven't touched create mode yet. Might get around to checking it out, but still pretty intimidated.

I feel so at home with this game. Sitting up in the pod loading up music to play in the background while decorating the pod was something I spent lots of time doing on the PS3.

Alright, I've got a problem.

Amazon sent me a code to redeem the preorder costumes for LBP3.

I went to go redeem the code. After I typed it in, the costumes showed up, but when I attempted to download them, they wouldn't download. Like, I'd be pressing the arrow on the list to download, but they wouldn't download. I went to my download list to see what was up, and nothing was downloading.

I went back to the PsStore to see that the code was no longer valid. WHAT THE HELL SONY?

Finally got my Day 1 and Amazon (Playstation Favorites) DLC to work...now I just need them to make the Toggle Gnome Costume DLC work (Run Sackboy Run App).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Finally got my Day 1 and Amazon (Playstation Favorites) DLC to work...now I just need them to make the Toggle Gnome Costume DLC work (Run Sackboy Run App).
My Run Sackboy Run app gave me a code for the Gnome Costume that it said was already redeemed, what can I do about this? :/

I'm baffled by the reviewers who said the game is short. I mean... I've played for about 2 hours already and I only completed the first world and haven't even done none of the side quests. They're so fun. I just got toggle and wow, he was a blast to control. The physics feel great.

fernoca

Managed to get a few of the DLC the game didn't recognized, by going to the PS Store per se. Including the 4thePlayers costumes (digital version, so no codes per se).

Some are still missing (like God of War) and others still show a price (like Heavenly Sword), but no rush.

Can also confirm that buying the LBP Vita Marvel Super Heroes Edition-game (digital), doesn't unlock the costumes/etc. for the other versions.

Still, for $20 is a nice price. The DLC per se costs over $30 and this also includes the LBP Vita game. At least have an excuse now to go back to the Vita game...while taking breaks from this on PS4.

I'm baffled by the reviewers who said the game is short. I mean... I've played for about 2 hours already and I only completed the first world and haven't even done none of the side quests. They're so fun. I just got toggle and wow, he was a blast to control. The physics feel great.
Yeah me too. I've played about 2 hours and only have one of oddsock's marble. He's the first unlockable character. There's three marbles. But I like to take my time in games. Try to get everything. Etc.

LOVE
zom zom shop

Creaking

Alright, I've got a problem.

Amazon sent me a code to redeem the preorder costumes for LBP3.

I went to go redeem the code. After I typed it in, the costumes showed up, but when I attempted to download them, they wouldn't download. Like, I'd be pressing the arrow on the list to download, but they wouldn't download. I went to my download list to see what was up, and nothing was downloading.

I went back to the PsStore to see that the code was no longer valid. WHAT THE HELL SONY?

Grab them from the in-game store.

Yeah me too. I've played about 2 hours and only have one of oddsock's marble. He's the first unlockable character. There's three marbles. But I like to take my time in games. Try to get everything. Etc.

LOVE
zom zom shop
Seriously. Plus I tend to want to finish story mode quickly so I can start playing online levels. I think I played LBP 1 consistently up until LBP 2 came out.

fernoca

It should also be noted that the costumes on PS4 at least are not downloads per se. Basically, as long as it appears on your Library/Add-Ons you got it.

The option to download, will change to purchased...but won't download anything.

It should also be noted that the costumes on PS4 at least are not downloads per se. Basically, as long as it appears on your Library/Add-Ons you got it.

The option to download, will change to purchased...but won't download anything.

Yup I think they're all included on the disc

fernoca

Yup I think they're all included on the disc
Yep. New ones will be added through patches for everyone, so that everyone can see others, wearing them.

Bad pic of the current ones I have, still missing a few (Gravity Rush, Heavely Sword, God of War). But at least the preorder ones are there.:
gDUEh7f.jpg
At first was like "doesn't look like much, thought I had more", but then I counted over 80 costumes and was like ...:eek:!

Yep. New ones will be added through patches for everyone, so that everyone can see others, wearing them.

Bad pic of the current ones I have, still missing a few (Gravity Rush, Heavely Sword, God of War). But at least the preorder ones are there.:

At first was like "doesn't look like much, thought I had more", but then I counted over 80 costumes and was like ...:eek:!

You have so many I can't access yet.

Nightz

Played this co-op with my wife and we had a blast. She doesn't normally play console games, so I was pleasantly surprised that she enjoyed the game. We made it up to Toggle and I had to convince her to stop because I was tired lol.

Played this co-op with my wife and we had a blast. She doesn't normally play console games, so I was pleasantly surprised that she enjoyed the game. We made it up to Toggle and I had to convince her to stop because I was tired lol.

shouldn't surprise you that this game is a chick magnet. females love it.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Love the hub aspect to the swamp, lots of exploring and side missions.

The Lamp

I'm actually glad there are no 4 player puzzles. Getting four people to survive and cooperate to a point in the level where it was needed was not always worth the hassle.

Creaking

Yeah, the hub stuff is great. I was actually working on a level in LBP2 that would have a hub style central area (only bigger than the LBP3 hub areas) ever since the DC comics pack, but now I guess I'll have to move it to LBP3.

IzzyF3

shouldn't surprise you that this game is a chick magnet. females love it.

Lol, now that you mention it. I had a great time playing one of the previous games with a cute coworker. We just dragged each other around while flying with the jet packs. Nothing else to it. Haha

So I picked up the game today and love how the community levels are organized. Honestly didn't play much ugc in the past games even though I did find some I enjoyed. I think I'll play quite a bit and actually contribute some this time around.

Alright, finally got Oddsock again and now I'm back to where I was before my save got corrupted. Bedtime.

You guys should post non-spoilery pictures of your characters and stuff in here, we haven't seen many screens :)

Teknoman

So i havent had the chance to do any tutorials yet, but what are the benefits to creating an adventure, rather than just using level links?

Oh wow.

I've seen the OT every time I'm on gaf and it made really want to play it so I went to order it online and it says it's not released in Europe until next week?

Dear Sony,

tumblr_n9s57vLwqM1smcbm7o1_250.gif

Creaking

Hmm, the inquisitor armor for the torso also removes waist items for some odd reason (the equipment doesn't hardly touch the waist area). I guess that's another one for the list.

Stripy Jacket
Inquisitor Armor

Teknoman

Oh never mind, I get it. Creating adventures is where you have a persistent inventory and quest set, while the standard levels are just levels.

What was that about stitching levels together now though, or was that just talking about creating adventures?

Oh wow.

I've seen the OT every time I'm on gaf and it made really want to play it so I went to order it online and it says it's not released in Europe until next week?

Dear Sony,

tumblr_n9s57vLwqM1smcbm7o1_250.gif

I get slightly depressed each time I see that launch countdown in my Library. *sigh* But then there are too many other games to play anyway not to mention a little website I'm working on.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
So i havent had the chance to do any tutorials yet, but what are the benefits to creating an adventure, rather than just using level links?

Oh never mind, I get it. Creating adventures is where you have a persistent inventory and quest set, while the standard levels are just levels.

What was that about stitching levels together now though, or was that just talking about creating adventures?

By using a Hub level you can save states in that world that can then be used to affect stuff like accessing other levels, events etc. or you can just use the adventure map as a container to publish a series of levels like the old LBP campaigns with level progress linked to the completion of the prior. I'm really excited to see what the community does with those tools, I am sure they are going to come up with some incredible stuff way beyond what we did with it. It's going to take a while, though, as even a single level is a gargantuan effort :)

Teknoman

Makes perfect sense now that i'm home and actually fiddling around with the options. Too bad you cant alter the terrain the way you want it to be for your world map, but i'll take what I can get.

thenexus6

I mentioned before i've never really played this games before, I am not very skilled with creating stuff. Is there enough game in terms of platforming and levels to justify it? I will check out other peoples creations but how does the core game size up?

Nightz

So what's up with the costumes? I'm browsing the in-game store and some of the ones that I've previously owned say "Free", but add to cart is crossed off. Then with some of the ones that say "Owned", pressing X brings me to the PS store and it says "No content was found."

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I was watching create streams all night. Couldn't stop watching. The highlights for me was some guy had set up the 'interact function' while he was creating and every so often, after enough people had typed 'troll', a donkeys head would snap to him, bark and then disappear. I then watched a guy making an AC like city with detailed bridges, SLOPED roofs and incredibly detailed buildings. He was using the level slides for the sloped roofs.

eliza0224

Is there some reason why I can't access my Metal Gear costumes? The game says I own them, but they won't appear for Sackboy to wear them.

I had an astronaut costume from LBP 1 too and I don't see it :(

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Is there some reason why I can't access my Metal Gear costumes? The game says I own them, but they won't appear for Sackboy to wear them.

I had an astronaut costume from LBP 1 too and I don't see it :(

Most older DLC isn't up just yet. If you go to the store you'll see a line through them.

Top Bottom