Sackboy is back - and hes brought along new friends!
PlayStations most imaginative franchise, LittleBigPlanet, is back with a new cast of playable plush characters in the biggest handcrafted adventure yet! In LittleBigPlanet 3, explore a world filled with creativity as you explore all corners of the Imagisphere, meet the inhabitants of the mysterious planet Bunkum and face the nefarious Newton. Run, jump, and swoop through a series of levels painstakingly created by Sumo Digital in the story mode before you hop into multiplayer, where you can visit the 8.5 million levels previously created in LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2, as well and fresh and brilliant new ones! You can try your hand at it yourself by utilizing the vast array of unlockable stickers, objects, decorations, and tools at your disposal.
- Sumo Digital, with assistance from XDev Europe and Media Molecule.
- Multiplayer (Up to 4 players via either local or online co-op)
- Playstation 4
- Playstation 3
- Playstation 4 - 1080p, 30fps (framerate locked to 30 to maintain compatibility with LBP1/2 levels)
- Playstation 3 - 720p, 30fps
- November 18, 2014 (NA)
- November 26, 2014 (EU)
- November 28, 2014 (UK)
- December 4, 2014 (JP)
Three all-new hand-stitched heroes will completely change the way you play! Our brave, brave new heroes Oddsock, Swoop, and Toggle all come with their own unique special abilities and physics but theyre capable of oh so much more! Each hero can be fully costumed up just like Sackboy but you can also tweak them all in Create Mode to completely change their handling and abilities for your own levels! There will be plenty of quirky new costumes to collect in the game so you can express your own individuality.
Bound over walls as the quick and agile OddSock! Oddsock is a four-legged character. Hes not quite a dog; hes more well, hes just an odd sock! Oddsock can wall jump and wall slide, and is really fast.
Glide through the skies as the majestic Swoop! He has a specific purpose Swoop can fly, and he can access hard to reach places.
One of the most useful things with Swoop is that he can pick things up objects, but also the other characters, with the exception of big Toggle.
Transform Toggle between Big Toggle, a heavy strongman; and Little Toggle, a light speedster! Yes that's right, he gets his name from being able to "toggle" between Big Toggle, a strongman who exceeds the strength and weight of others, and Small Toggle, who can fit through smaller spaces, walk on the surface of water, and run at faster speeds.
Speaking of Sackboy - what about him? Well, our favorite knitted knight has been equipped with an all-new climbing ability and loads of brand-new power-ups including the amazing Pumpinator!
In addition to 4 unique playable characters, LittleBigPlanet 3 also features a strong lineup of talented voice actors, including:
- Stephen Fry as the Narrator
- Hugh Laurie as the evil Newton
- Nolan North
- Tara Strong
- Simon Greenall
- Peter Serafinowicz
Sackboy has always been an avid collector of goodies and costumes, so hes super-happy for to tell you that all of your previously purchased DLC and all of your collected LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 goodies will be carried forward into LittleBigPlanet 3!
Your DLC Collection Carries On!
You will be able to bring all of your LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 Level Packs straight to LittleBigPlanet 3, along with your entire wardrobe of outfits for your Sackboy or Sackgirl! So if you have a whopping collection of goodies that you have purchased over the last six years, you can be rest assured that a simple re-download from LBP3s in-game store will add your favorite content back into your Popit for use in LittleBigPlanet 3 at no additional cost.
Import Your Profile into LittleBigPlanet 3!
Not only is it good news for your DLC Collection because if youre a long-time fan and have played either LittleBigPlanet or LittleBigPlanet 2 previously, you will be able to import all of the goodies that you have collected in those titles to use in LittleBigPlanet 3.
Your LittleBigPlanet Earth Will Join You, Too!
Finally, if you have published any LittleBigPlanet or LittleBigPlanet 2 levels previously, you will be able to find them on your ever-familiar LittleBigPlanet Earth within LittleBigPlanet 3 so that you can pick up exactly where you left off with your published creations. Best of all, if you have any custom content that you want to transfer from your PS3 to LittleBigPlanet 3 on PS4, you can publish levels containing this content in Prize Bubbles so that your Sackboy or Sackgirl can visit these levels to pick your goodies up for your latest creations on PS4!
Where previous games were limited to 3 layers of depth, LittleBigPlanet 3 now supports up to 16 layers. This means levels and game types that were never possible before can finally be realized, including true 3D platforming.
Much to the delight of people who had problems with the handling in previous LittleBigPlanet games, Sumo Digital has taken much care in carefully tweaking how Sackboy handles while staying true to the "feel" of the game. He turns tighter and lands more precisely, but will still be very familiar to anyone who's played before. As a bonus, creators can now tweak the physics and controls further to best serve their own purposes.
Our brave, brave new heroes Oddsock, Swoop, and Toggle all come with their own unique special abilities and physics but theyre capable of oh so much more! Each hero can be fully costumed up just like Sackboy but you can also tweak them all in Create Mode to completely change their handling and abilities for your own levels!
The Blaster Handle
You have all seen his friends special abilities, but Sackboy has some brand new tricks too! Using the new Blaster Handle tool you can create your very own power-ups for Sackboy to use! Power-ups from goo-firing guns to magically enchanted staffs are now possible The only limitation is your imagination!
Dynamic Thermometer and Deep Layers
Using the brand new Dynamic Thermometer functionality, the LBP create thermometer is now more flexible than ever. This will allow for created levels to be massively bigger than ever before and even have much greater depth since a creator can now make use of up to 16 playable layers with some rather neat new gameplay objects to help our heroes transition between multiple layers instantaneously.
LittleBigPlanet 3 is fully utilizing the unique features of the PlayStation 4 and using the DualShock 4s new touch pad. You will now be able to use Touch Create to bring a whole new element to your level creation that just wasnt possible until now!
Create More Expansive Adventures
Using the new adventure creation tools, you can now make your very own Adventure Maps filled with levels containing fun and exciting quests that can be tracked across the entire Adventure using the new Organisertron quest tracker!
The Sack Pocket
Whilst playing adventures and completing quests, you will be able to collect power-ups that Sackboy can add to his personal inventory, the Sack Pocket! Using the Sack Pocket, you can quickly equip and use these power-ups at any time during your home-made adventures!
Thats not all! There are so many additions to LittleBigPlanet 3 that's it's almost impossible to list them all, but here's a few:
- 70 Brand New Tools
- 29 Enhanced Tools from LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2
- 10 Tools from LittleBigPlanet PS Vita arriving to home consoles for the first ever time!
- If you combine that with all of the other tools coming forward from LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 That gives you an absolutely whopping 250 Create Tools to pour all your imagination and creativity into!
List and explanation of many of the game's new tools via yugnar at LBPCentral
- Dephysicalize tool - Arriving from LBPVita, the Dephysicalize tool allows you to make any object a no-collision object, meaning that everything passes right through it. It is used to save up thermo and to help in level design.
- Rail Editor - Allows you to modify an already existing Bendy Rail, a little bit like the corner editor tool, but in 3D.
- Paint - The tool is now not an exclusive of the PS Move owners, now you can paint with your Dualshock 3 & 4 controllers, and it has been incredibly improved! Custom stickers are now a reality sackfolk.
- Fixed camera - Activate by pressing R3 while in the popit cursor. Now, no matter how you move, the camera will stay fixed during create mode. Oh science!
- Preview - Preview mode can now be toggled (lol) by pressing the L3 button on your left joystick. Yep, no more long 5 second journeys to the pause menu.
- Object Saver - When you put this little gadget on an object, when a player enters your level and moves that object, and then leaves the level, when he returns the object will remember its last position and appear there.
- Quest Tweaker - Activate this tweaker to activate, deactivate, or change the status of a previously created quest. To create a quest go to your organizetron (or hold the traingle button).
- Quest Sensor - This brand new shiny sensor detects the status of a current quest or objective.
- Quest Marker - Guides the player to an specific point of the level during a quest! Like your own LBP GPS!
- Infinite Level - The reason we are all here! Activate this amazing function in the gameplay controls, and it will transform our old friend the thermo into the much more amazing dynamic thermo! This little buddy is like a safer emit-destroy technique. For those who are not familiarized with that creation trick, it consists of loading the parts of the level that the player is currently at, but nothing else. That allows levels to be ultra mega complex as it only needs to load what the player sees! WARNING! Watch out for wireless logic while using the Dynamic Thermo functions. Things that the player don't see DO NOT exist in the level until they are loaded, so that includes tags that may have been activated earlier on the level, but that will be "destroyed" when the player leaves into another area. Note: The available space to build in this kind of levels is the same as in regular levels.
- Preloader - All your Infinite Level solutions are here! This handy little tool allows zones of the level be PRELOADED while the player is busy in another part of your infinite level, so that the transition to the next rooms is very smooth and the player suffers no problems whatsoever in it. Basically it allows you to prepare the game engine for what is next to come!
- Permanency Tweaker - Place it on an object, and it will remain forever loaded in an Infinite Level! Use this one with wisdom and you can create wireless logic even in Infinite Levels!
- Loading linker - This tool works just as the advanced glue tool. To use it, you need to have the Infinite Level setting activated. This one allows you to select which objects you would like to be loaded together, so that they don't appear without the other while being loaded!
- Remote Tag Sensor - I am listing this one here because many people overlook it (and the regular tag sensor apparently does not have an infinite range setting). This tag sensor automatically scans the whole level for tag signals.
- Wave Generator - Creates a sine wave signal!!!!! What on the Community Earth is that? Basically, it allows you to create a signal that goes from -100% to +100% and vice versa continuously. Practical uses outside of complex logic can include graphic fanciness, where you connect this thing to an animated material (maybe a simple sticker panel) to make it change color in a very smooth and mesmerizing way.
- Data display - Press R2 over objects to obtain data about them, such as layer position, number of glued objects, number of logic tweakers attached, etc. If you press R2 on a gadget output, you can see the signal strength it is transmitting! Incredible!
- Broadcast Microchip - This one will blow your mind! This microchip allows to create a microchip that transmits its properties to other objects through the level, either by tag signals, or by closeness to the transmitter. Even works in players! You can make interesting mechanics with this indeed.
- Advanced IN/OUT mover - In the era of smooth layer transitioning you won't want to leave home without one of these. Allows to move objects in and out, but instead of being layer by layer, you can now make them move with a certain speed, making very smooth layer transitions.
- Force chip - Allows you to make attraction or repelling forces either on objects or players. Works very well in Boss Battles for instance.
- Opacity Tweaker - Change the opacity of an object via logic. This represents that maybe you can make an object invisible mid-game, like a house/room's wall when entering that house/room.
- Physics tweaker - Allows to modify materials' properties, such as weight or collision properties. Imagine levels where eating donuts made you heavier. The gameplay possibilities are truly endless now.
- Bendy Rail - Another star! Bendy Rails allow players and objects attached to Rail Hooks to move though the level in the X, Y and Z axis incredibly smoothly! This allows amazing visual effects or cool gameplay ideas. Booker DeWitt would be proud.
- Rail Hook - Attach to an object to make it run smoothly in a Bendy Rail! Just like in LBP3's reveal trailer!
- Layer Launcher - This new bounce-pad style launchers, allow players to bounce... across layers!
- Slide - Used for smooth layer transitioning. So smooth. Yum.
- Velociporter - Teleporters that don't lose momentum! Just like playing Portal in LBP! The gameplay possibilities are endless.
- Character Teleporter - Allows players to teleport immediately from one point to another.
- Character Changer - A level link like door, which allows you to change the character you are using to let Toggle, Oddsock and Swoop join the action too!
- NEW level link - Basically the same as the old level link but with a new look. And a new haircut if you wish.
- Progress Board - Allows you to end the levels in a completely different way than a regular scoreboard, where you can also show stats such as acing, quest completition, goodies collected, Collectabells, etc.
- Shop Stalk - Amazing! Allows you to change Collectabells or regular points in order to buy... stuff... or trigger a signal!
- Collectabells - A whole new currency has arrived to LBP! This ones can only be obtained once per level, and can be traded in Shop Stalks for fancy stuff.
- Spikes (top-down) - Pretty much the same old danger but displayed top-down. Useful for placing as Bendy rail obstacles for example.
- Top Down Race gates - The old Race Gates now can be placed top-down! The support for top down levels in LBP3 is quite tangible!
- Swivel Light - A very, very cool light that can be projected to the depth of the level, that is, across layers, from 1 - 16.
- Wall Light - A very improved tool for lightning that will be vital for the creators who love playing around with the illumination in their creations.
- Sackpocket - Your own Power-Up storage! Accessed by holding the O button. Modifiable with logic bits and pieces.
- Sackpocket Item Sensor - Detects when a player activates certain items of their sackpocket.
- State Sensor - One of the most powerful additions to the realm of sensors. Allows to detect automatically what is sackboy doing exactly at any given time (swimming, running, walking, standing, using a power up, eating a burrito). Forget those days of complex buggy logic trying to figure out what was the player doing in you levels!
- Hook Hat - Power up. Allows players to hook right into Bendy Rails!
- Boost Boots - Power Up to give you a short burst of speed in any given direction. Can be used for easy double jump and other cool gameplay mechanics!
- Popit Power Up - Revolutionary! Allows players to use the Popit and interact with objects inside Play Mode! You control what they can mess with, of course.
- Popit Power Up tweaker - Tweaks what and how can the popit power up interact with.
- Popit Cursor Sensor - Detects when the popit cursor is hovering or selecting an object.
- Sackpocket Pedestal - Gives player power ups to store directly into their sack pockets.
- Power Up pedestal - Allows players to grab a custom Power Up. Oh the possibilities!
- Blaster Handle - Allows you to create your very own Power Ups! And selecting the way you will be grabbing or holding them.
- Character Tweaker - Allows you to transform into any character when activated.
- Gameplay Tweaker - Allows you to modify the abilities of a character.
- Sackpocket Tweaker - Allows you to provide with new items and power ups to the player, via logic.
- Kill Tweaker - This dangerous little tweaker automatically kills the selected player when activated! Evil!
- Character Rotation Tweaker - Mind blowing! Allows you to rotate characters in any way you want, you can have them facing the back or some funny positions that were never possible before!
- Object Animation Tweaker - Allows you to modify various aspects of animated objects. For example, put it on the good ol' teleporter of the Cross-Controller pack. Now you can determine how fast its animation goes, and mess with other settings of it.
- Character Animation Tweaker - Possibly the most powerful addition in terms of graphics. Allows you to make a character behave exactly the way you want via animations. 3D platformers are now a reality!
- Shardinator - This cool new tool allows you to shatter an object to pieces when activated, and you can even tweak how it will be destroyed and how many pieces will be created after its destruction! It can also be used for amazing visual effects!
- Climbable Materials - Sackboy's new ability in LBP3 is nothing less than climbing! And to do so, he needs these materials. The climbable materials are just like any other material but give the ability to Sackboy to climb by pressing R1 near them.
Create & Share Trailers, Stream Gameplay and More!
It just wouldnt be LittleBigPlanet if you couldnt share your amazing creations and activity with the rest of the community! Using the PlayStation 4s Share features, you will now be able to create trailer-style videos that you can attach to your published levels to give the rest of a community a personalised preview of your level. There will be full video integration to the LBP.me community site. You will be able to use the site to quickly find great new video content to watch and queue up new levels to play. Finding great content in LittleBigPlanet has never been easier!
As for streaming your game, not only does this let you broadcast a live feed and invite others to play with Shareplay, but LittleBigPlanet 3 will allow creators to incorporate key words as triggers for commands in their levels. This means the chat room can directly interact with the game. Coming soon: Twitch Plays LBP3!
For more high quality screenshots, visit the gallery here
10 Minutes B-Roll Gameplay Montage (Gamersyde)
LittleBigPlanet 3 Soundtrack Playlist on Youtube
Create and Share Trailer:
Conversations with Creators Trailer
Create and Share Trailer:
Conversations with Creators Trailer
donkey show for providing me with some great media to work with, and of course working so hard to bring us LBP3.
Fracas for the OT subtitle