• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Karting trailer

VanWinkle

I really loved the look of that, but since it is United Front, it will most likely and unfortunately be 30 fps and have long load times.

Did we know United Front Games was making this? Nice to see them get some more work but let's hope they don't repeat the same mistakes they made with MNR (super long loading being the main one, though I disliked the floaty physics in the beta I played). The LBP art style alone is a huge improvement though.

I think my biggest problem with this is that it throws MNR Vita under the bus. Why even bother with more MNR games when you've already ditched it on console? It makes absolutely no sense. Did the PSN monkey get promoted to co-ordinating first party games?

Shiloa

I hope they really tighten up the controls. I enjoyed MNR but its handling wasn't brilliant. A kart racer needs to have very tight controls, Sonic and Sega ASR is probably the best recent example.

:O

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Want.

Looks great. A Vita version would seem like the ultimate competition for Mario Kart DS. Maybe we'll see more at E3, but consider me interested nonetheless!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This is what Modnation should have been in the first place.

what frame rate is it running at? it looked choppy and with some bad slow-downs, can we expect the game to run at 60fps or is that too much to ask?

Epcott

Wasn't excited for this until I saw the battle mode and boss fight agaisnt that centipede truck in the Pac-manesque level.

I would love to play a battle game of capture the flag using karts. I hope the eventual Vita version is online too.

Seems to be using LBP engine as opposed to MNR one tbh. It looked really really good. Specially that part with the hood cam, hope that's available in the game.

SykoTech

I hope UFG have improved the items as well. Again, I've just played MNR's demo, so I'm probably not the most fit to judge. But the items there didn't seem that hot at all. Pretty lame actually.

There was no BS Blue Shell at least. Still, I hope LBP Karting does better in tht department. Trailer seems promising.

AwRy108

Completely forgot about this title.

I like how it's made by the same people that made ModNation Racer.

...which means the load times will ruin the entire experience.

It would be nice if the game automatically detected all your costumes from LBP and LBP2.

...you're quite the dreamer, aren't you? NEWS FLASH: they're going to sell you everything a second time.

Ranger X

Can't wait to see the create mode. This is the feature that will decide if I buy or not.
I hope it's not like Modnation Racer and more like LittleBigPlanet

jett

D-Member
It wouldnt if theyre using lbp assets. It just looks very much like lbp2, lighting, mlaa, dof, smoke effects, etc.

MNR looked very capable, and had all sorts of effects too(including motion blur). It's just MNR with a new coat of paint.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Looks great, like every other LBP game. Now my most anticipated game of 2012.

From the blog:

Hi iriihutoR48, the team here hears you load and clear on the importance of load times. We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you get your hands on LBPK :)

I bet they just started with LBP2 engine and assets and went about making a kart racer. LBP2 has everything they need.

Top Bottom