• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Karting trailer

zoukka

I would kill for a good kart racer on PS3, but this looks too close to MDR and there's just something in the physics that turn me off.

CTR 4 life

Oni Jazar

60fps with load times or bust.

Seriously don't make the same mistake for the 4rd time. Take amazing concepts and ruin them with unacceptable compromises.

Zoibie

I would kill for a good kart racer on PS3, but this looks too close to MDR and there's just something in the physics that turn me off.

CTR 4 life

Agreed. I hope UFG have been tinkering with the physics model for this game. Otherwise, trailer looks pretty good.

TimmiT

Actually looks like a lot of fun to play. I also love being able to see the LBP world from a behind the back view. I liked Modnation Racers, but the load times ruined the game for me. If they're fixed here I'll get it day 1.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Agreed. I hope UFG have been tinkering with the physics model for this game. Otherwise, trailer looks pretty good.

I'm not sure how everyone is defining physics, but MNR had great driving, it was just to complicated and too hard. They need to realize who the audience is for this type of game; ages 5+, not hardcore 15+.

Galang

Banned
Wow surprised, this looks pretty awesome actually. And the other modes look fun as well, probably will get this just because there's not enough kart racers.

The Lamp

This is finally the first step to what should ultimately be the next LittleBigPlanet: A 3D level creator.

This looks so fun!!!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This looks good :O

Indeed. I just hope MNR's devs have learned from that experience. The long loads killed it for most people and the PSP version could've been good if it wasn't the wonky handling.

At first I was like eh really? But the more I think about it and watch the trailer I'm actually really down for this. It looks pretty fun like old school Mario Kart fun and the fact that you'll probably be able to create tracks and whatever else has me sold.

CamHostage

Along with fan favorite racing and battle modes, players will be able to modify the rules of the game itself to create completely new modes and challenges. All of this is wrapped up in a community experience that should have LBP fans feeling right at home.

That seems awesome, hopefully it'll extend to the driving controls as well. Could be cool to set up like a Drag Racing structure or a RC Car track set or something like that. I still kept hope that ModNation would had added a Water Level add-on, maybe that'll happen here instead. I see a couple of perspectives in the Adventure mode section so that could be a start.

Weird that the trailer showed no track building though, or did I miss it? You customized your character but not the level.

what's the modnation community gonna say about this?

Hopefully, "Whelp, they gave it a good try, but time to move on..." The game was good but the whole ModNation universe seemed like a wasted opportunity, so this is kind of Sony capitalizing on what game buyers thought would have made sense all along.

I think my biggest problem with this is that it throws MNR Vita under the bus. Why even bother with more MNR games when you've already ditched it on console? It makes absolutely no sense.

But doesn't the Vita game include DLC-exchange? (Please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't own the game.) If that's the case, it's kind of a gift: we're sending away this franchise you enjoyed, but now you have two ways to play it in perpetuity and enjoy all that you've invested into it. I realize the lost online play part bothered a bunch of people, but in the long run, it feels like the Vita version will be a keeper for the collection (especially after it bombas) once ModNation has been dropped as a franchise and the online servers inevitably get turned off.

Zoibie

I'm not sure how everyone is defining physics, but MNR had great driving, it was just to complicated and too hard. They need to realize who the audience is for this type of game; ages 5+, not hardcore 15+.

Physics model is probably the wrong word to use, I mean stuff like the drifting and turning radius. It wasn't bad, by any means, but I wouldn't call it fun either.

CamHostage

LOADTIMES LOADTIMES LOADTIMES

Sounds like maybe there might be good news from the official Blog post: "James Grieve {Sr. Producer, United Front Games} on March 22nd, 2012 at 7:45 am said: Hi iriihutoR48, the team here hears you load and clear on the importance of load times. We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you get your hands on LBPK :)"

Bumhead

Banned
Looks good. A little concerned at the lack of a Vita version though. Seems like a good fit for Vita and I don't know if Sony have got their own memo yet, but they could kind of use some more releases for the rest of this year..

Ranger X

I just realised this is made by the Modnation Racer guys....
What the hell is Media Molecule doing then? New secret IP?

I'm really deceived now. I really don't believe in the Modnation guys. Modnation Racers was quite sucky and Media Molecule would probably make a quite infinetely better game...
Now I am prepared for "Reskinned Modnation Racers".

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Hmmm, is it a game, or a LBP addon? Looks interesting. Has the aesthetics, and customization maybe.

Full release, it's listed on Amazon and I have it pre-ordered.

Aru

Seems fun. I have more interest in this than in regular LBP games.
I need a karting game as good as CTR, and I hope this is it.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Looks okay. Why not make it LBP2 DLC, or is the editor not as good as they had hyped it to be?

Loudninja

PS Blog comments:
+ James Grieve on March 22nd, 2012 at 7:29 am said:

Hey ArsenaLC, glad to hear you’re excited! We’re currently investigating what’s possible on the DLC costume front and will have an update in the future on this. As for the Vita, currently there are no plans to release a Vita version of this game.
+ James Grieve on March 22nd, 2012 at 7:45 am said:

Hi iriihutoR48, the team here hears you load and clear on the importance of load times. We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you get your hands on LBPK :)

+ James Grieve on March 22nd, 2012 at 7:36 am said:

Hey Shrapnel__, thanks for the MNR love, it’s much appreciated :)

We’ve crammed so much new functionality into LBPK that bringing creations forward from MNR unfortunately won’t be possible. We can’t wait to see what the community will create with all the new tools available!
+ James Grieve on March 22nd, 2012 at 7:48 am said:

Hey Rytteren, the team at UFG has been hard at work on our engine to address both of the concerns you call out here. I think you will like the results!

+ James Grieve on March 22nd, 2012 at 7:38 am said:

Hi Link01, there is no Vita version planned for this game, however we will be supporting 3D.
+ James Grieve on March 22nd, 2012 at 7:40 am said:

Hey SKeRJ, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by what you can do with the creation tools in LBPK :)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/22/littlebigplanet-karting-is-coming-to-ps3/

AndyD

aka andydumi
I really hope you can use everything unlocked so far from LBP and LBP2, DLC and otherwise. All the stickers, sacks, textures and everything.

Top Bottom